Brandon Scott Lavergne - New Evidence Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to go all crazy mad at the media, but I am wondering why they chose to release that particular part of the video? I wish they would have chosen a better clip. It's obvious that that part is the beginning. They are still being calm and just listening to get a confession of the murder itself. They aren't trying to get the details right YET at that point. After they found her body, they most likely got the details squared away.

Anyway, it is what it is. But I hope the public recognizes him for the self serving liar that he is.

Did they ever find the knife in the dumpster? I'm wondering about the "sword" that his sister saw him hide in her house after he torched his truck.

I'm not going to go all crazy mad at the media, but I am wondering why they chose to release that particular part of the video? I wish they would have chosen a better clip. It's obvious that that part is the beginning. They are still being calm and just listening to get a confession of the murder itself. They aren't trying to get the details right YET at that point. After they found her body, they most likely got the details squared away.

Anyway, it is what it is. But I hope the public recognizes him for the self serving liar that he is.

Did they ever find the knife in the dumpster? I'm wondering about the "sword" that his sister saw him hide in her house after he torched his truck.

I don't think he ever did give a wholehearted confession. What we see in the video is probably about as good as it gets, in terms of the truth. I will say, it's not what I expected. The first time I watched, I thought I must have the wrong link. I looked around for another one, but there was none. Viewing it again just now, I realize this clip was chosen because it exposes him for what he is. The detectives give him the floor to tell the story in his own words. No questions, no pressure. And no doubt he's a liar and a very dangerous person.

But let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Say he is telling the truth. I hear nothing that justifies his actions in any way, shape or form. If you hit a person on a bike with your car, accidentally or not, and at your request, the person agrees not to call the police, wouldn't you be relieved and a little grateful? Any decent person would. Any decent person would be more than happy to pay for the damages out of his pocket if it spared him from a DUI, or worse. Not BSL. He became angry. A decent man would've realized that a young woman would be frightened riding in a strange man's vehicle late at night. He would have made every effort to reassure her that she was safe. That his only interest was staying out of trouble with the police. BSL became an enraged animal.

He's angered by Mickey's request to pay the damages, and he grows more angry when she tries to use her phone. When Mickey maces him, he pulls a knife. On a woman you just knocked from her bike? A woman who was willing to cooperate to save your butt? But wait, he didn't meant it. Mickey had the poor guy so upset he just couldn't think straight. No, not until he held that gun up to his head. Sounds to me like he was very rational when his own life was on the line.

If this is the best he could come up with, his cleaned up version, I can just imagine how it really went down. Poor Mickey. :tsktsk:

But let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Say he is telling the truth. I hear nothing that justifies his actions in any way, shape or form. If you hit a person on a bike with your car, accidentally or not, and at your request, the person agrees not to call the police, wouldn't you be relieved and a little grateful? Any decent person would. Any decent person would be more than happy to pay for the damages out of his pocket if it spared him from a DUI, or worse. Not BSL. He became angry. A decent man would've realized that a young woman would be frightened riding in a strange man's vehicle late at night. He would have made every effort to reassure her that she was safe. That his only interest was staying out of trouble with the police. BSL became an enraged animal.

He's angered by Mickey's request to pay the damages, and he grows more angry when she tries to use her phone. When Mickey maces him, he pulls a knife. On a woman you just knocked from her bike? A woman who was willing to cooperate to save your butt? But wait, he didn't meant it. Mickey had the poor guy so upset he just couldn't think straight. No, not until he held that gun up to his head. Sounds to me like he was very rational when his own life was on the line.

If this is the best he could come up with, his cleaned up version, I can just imagine how it really went down. Poor Mickey. :tsktsk:

Wow...Very well said! You are so right too...

I'm sure Mickey would have accepted $250 to $300 dollars.
Did he not realize that people can sue in accidents like that and easily get $1000 dollars or more. It just doesn't make sense that he would get so angry over a few hundred dollars. But, he's a ticking time bomb type of person,has a strong rooted lack of respect for women, and has psychotic tendencies so now it makes sense.
But I'm not really believing the whole money story he claimed that occurred. I'm glad I caught my head quick after it got clouded a little by his confession.

Did he not realize that people can sue in accidents like that and easily get $1000 dollars or more. It just doesn't make sense that he would get so angry over a few hundred dollars. But, he's a ticking time bomb type of person,has a strong rooted lack of respect for women, and has psychotic tendencies so now it makes sense.
But I'm not really believing the whole money story he claimed that occurred. I'm glad I caught my head quick after it got clouded a little by his confession.
Exactly. Even $2,000, or $5000, would be a bargain to keep him out of prison. That's a pitifully poor excuse for his anger.

I don't think he ever did give a wholehearted confession. What we see in the video is probably about as good as it gets, in terms of the truth. I will say, it's not what I expected. The first time I watched, I thought I must have the wrong link. I looked around for another one, but there was none. Viewing it again just now, I realize this clip was chosen because it exposes him for what he is. The detectives give him the floor to tell the story in his own words. No questions, no pressure. And no doubt he's a liar and a very dangerous person.

Also- that part about how she looked at him and made eye contact. In the video, that seemed to really make him mad. Did you get that feeling too?

I agree Bessie, other than I do think LE picked apart his story subsequently. Once BSL agreed to talk, they were going to "give him the floor" as you say and let him sugar coat things at that point. At that point, LE's concern isn't necessarily getting the exact truth from him but first getting him to admit his involvement. That's really the only thing of importance at that point. The rest is meaningless garbage to LE. I do believe LE subsequently picked apart his version of events and I would bet they do have statements from BSL contradicting some of what he says in the released video. What I don't think they have is one full telling of events in one setting that represents the entire truth.

Regardless, as you point out, even under his sugar coated version, the guy is pure evil and guilty of murder.

JMO but I disagree with the premeditation aspect. Events could have happened as Brandon said. Mickey just didn't realize how desperately he didn't want to return to prison. Brandon reacted as someone previously incarcerated and his damaged primal fight or flight thinking led to the rest of the events.

I don't think Louisiana's 1st Degree Murder charge uses the wording "premeditated". Premeditation can consist of seconds, though.

BSL was charged with LSA R.S. 14:30(A)(1).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351871758.851322.jpg
§30. First degree murder
A. First degree murder is the killing of a human being:
(1) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, aggravated arson, aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, assault by drive-by shooting, first degree robbery, second degree robbery, simple robbery, terrorism, cruelty to juveniles, or second degree cruelty to juveniles.

If BSL were driving under the influence, texting on his phone, hit and run (though it would be more like hit, kidnap, and run) and a felon in possession of a firearm that acted with intent to kill (1st Degree Murder charge wording) to not have the police involved as be claims... Why wouldn't he have pled to LSA R.S. 14:30(A)(9)(a.):
"(9) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who was a witness to a crime or was a member of the immediate family of a witness to a crime committed on a prior occasion and:
(a) The killing was committed for the purpose of preventing or influencing the victim's testimony in any criminal action or proceeding whether or not such action or proceeding had been commenced; or
(b) The killing was committed for the purpose of exacting retribution for the victim's prior testimony."
-- law link: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78397

This is a real question, I'm not being snarky. I am not a lawyer or LEO. I'm just reading what he was charged with specifically versus what he could have been charged with *if* it happened the way the released portion of his confession claims. He claimed to have committed a few crimes that night and he acted to cover it up, killing Mickey when she maced him because he threatened her when she attempted to contact the police. To me (a layperson), that falls under LSA R.S. 14:30(A)(9)(a): the killing of a person who was a witness to a crime who was killed to prevent any criminal action or testimony.

None of this really matters in the big picture because BSL pled to the charge of First Degree Murder LSA R.S. 14:30(A)(1). Statement he signed in support of his guilty plea included:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351873412.487942.jpg

IMO, the time for benefit of doubt and "what if it happened like this instead?" is over. He pled guilty as charged to both counts of first degree murder. Again, going back to the released first version confession- If BS Lavergne didn't want to return to prison, then maybe he shouldn't have been allegedly driving under the influence, playing on his phone while driving, or been in possession of a firearm that he knew was a violation of the law for him to have. He broke the law, not Mickey. This is the second time it has been alluded to that Mickey is partially responsible for what was done to her by Brandon Lavergne. So what if she didn't realize how desperately BSL didn't want to return to prison? She had been hit- whether accidentally or with intent doesn't matter at this point.. She had been threatened- either with a weapon or just the verbal "When Shunick reached for her cellphone, "I panicked and that's when I grabbed the knife and I said, 'Don't call the cops. I ain't *advertiser censored***** playing,'" he said." (http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20121026/NEWS01/210260310/Lavergne-confession-tape-released). At this point, according to BSL's statement- he brandished his knife so she knew he had at least one weapon..(HER primal fight or flight instinct was kicking in too, I'm sure, and she didn't know that he was a convicted sex offender, known violent person, or a person of interest in a 13 year old murder case like we do) and she maced him. Mace is no match for a knife.. Not to mention, if she discharged the mace inside of the truck, she was most likely affected by it as well. She maces him, he stabs her multiple times.. Then she stabs him so he shoots her in the head.. She was fighting a monster for her life.. He was trying to cover up his crimes to avoid prison? Even *if* the BS story he gave was true and I highly doubt it was- he is still guilty of 1st Degree Murder.
I didn't understand the flack KATC got for releasing the video but now I do. Implications that Mickey was somehow responsible for BSL's choice to commit several crimes that night are ridiculous. I know her mother has said Mickey was no victim because she fought back, in the basic definition, she was a victim of this man who took her life. He didn't know her or care that she was supposed to be attending her little brother's high school graduation in a few hours, or that she was an inspiration to her young equestrian students, or that she planned to bike across the US with her friends to help build homes for the less fortunate, or any of the things that her family and friends loved about her. He didn't care. He took her life because he wanted to. He made the choices and now he is paying for them. Period. Whether Mickey had/used marijuana or not STILL doesn't give him the right to murder her. Beyond all of that- no one forced BSL into a confession or a plea. He accepted the plea and the LWOP sentence. The DA has stated that he feels like they were "soft peddled" by Lavergne, which is disturbing enough. If they felt they were being soft peddled by the official-pled-guilty-in-court- terrifying and senseless version of events, I hate to imagine what really happened that night. The plea documents version of events it's scary enough. Brandon Scott Lavergne was in no way a victim. His choices landed him a life sentence at Angola. It is my opinion that even if Mickey wouldn't have maced him, he still would have murdered her because he had intent to victimize her from the minute he saw her riding her bike. He just underestimated her. He probably didn't expect her to fight back as hard as she did. He underestimated the love of this young lady and the instant actions her friends and family took to find her as soon as they realized she was missing and because of her, he is where he belongs forever. :jail:

Also- that part about how she looked at him and made eye contact. In the video, that seemed to really make him mad. Did you get that feeling too?

I absolutely got the feeling that Mickey looking him in the eye really got to him and infuriated him. He wanted a female cowering in fear, begging him for mercy with him in total control. Well, he just didn't get that from Little Miss Mickey Shunick. She looked him in the eye, saw him for the monster he was and gave him the fight of his life.

Maybe she knew she probably wasn't getting out of there alive and she made dang sure that he would never be able to do it to another innocent woman. She may have lost the fight that night but she ultimately won the war because she maimed him, marked him and made sure that his fate was sealed.

Oh that just has to infuriate him. A sweet lil girl took him down. The big, tough, woman hater and woman abuser was beaten by a petite little girl. He picked the wrong person to eff with when he chose to try to victimize her.

He killed her because he didn't want to go to prison?? Well THAT didn't work out well for him, now did it? Now he is put away for life, doing hard labor and I hope he thinks about it everyday, how he was beaten by a girl.

Isnt it obvious that he purposley hit her ??? i really belive he saw her. Turned around. Hit her so he could grab and rape/kill her. She really probably thought it was an accident when she first got hit, He might have offered help, tryed to be smooth and talk his way into getting her trust, but i just think he straight out forced her into his truck. He is not inocent and most likely involved in a lot more murders or rapes. JMO

I absolutely got the feeling that Mickey looking him in the eye really got to him and infuriated him. He wanted a female cowering in fear, begging him for mercy with him in total control. Well, he just didn't get that from Little Miss Mickey Shunick. She looked him in the eye, saw him for the monster he was and gave him the fight of his life.

Maybe she knew she probably wasn't getting out of there alive and she made dang sure that he would never be able to do it to another innocent woman. She may have lost the fight that night but she ultimately won the war because she maimed him, marked him and made sure that his fate was sealed.

Oh that just has to infuriate him. A sweet lil girl took him down. The big, tough, woman hater and woman abuser was beaten by a petite little girl. He picked the wrong person to eff with when he chose to try to victimize her.

He killed her because he didn't want to go to prison?? Well THAT didn't work out well for him, now did it? Now he is put away for life, doing hard labor and I hope he thinks about it everyday, how he was beaten by a girl.

Perfect

i don't think Mickey would ever try to negotiate on the streets any price for her bike. Remember her parents said she was a little firecracker. She would have been PISSED. Someone just hit her with a truck. She was probably hurting. She was probably scared. It's in the middle of the night. The first thing I would do would be to try to call 911 immediately. I would not be concerned about my bike, I would be concerned about ME. So I don't believe this money crap for one second. Also, it seemed to me, but I could be wrong, that the Shunick family didn't lack in money severely, so I don't think money for a bike would be that big of a deal. So this whole thing is a bunch of BS to me. It's something made up by a criminal who's first thought is money. Not Mickey's first thought IMO.

I have a question ...I thought It was stated that Mickey got his knife right after she maced him and stabbed him a few times before he got a hold of his knife again and then stabbed her four times? Why was there no mention of this in the last news reports? Are did I miss something?

It's something made up by a criminal who's first thought is money. Not Mickey's first thought IMO.

Your last statement is alarming. What did he claim made him kill Lisa...MONEY! What did he claim that made him kill Mickey ...MONEY!!

I was just thinking about this case today. Was it BSL's adoptive mother who said she adopted him to give him the better life he deserved? If his journals are to be believed, his childhood was not all rainbows and sunshine. Has there been any more comments in main stream media from any of his family that can be shared here?

Your last statement is alarming. What did he claim made him kill Lisa...MONEY! What did he claim that made him kill Mickey ...MONEY!!

yep, what do criminals often think of first other than themselves and sometimes even before themselves? money. when i heard that story i knew that it wasn't true. There's just no way a normal person would negotiate prices in the middle of the night on a dark street all alone, injured or not, whether you are suspicious of this guy or not.

I was just thinking about this case today. Was it BSL's adoptive mother who said she adopted him to give him the better life he deserved? If his journals are to be believed, his childhood was not all rainbows and sunshine. Has there been any more comments in main stream media from any of his family that can be shared here?

Not that I'm aware of...

Yes, she did. It was posted on her FB first, and then quoted by a media source (The Advertiser, iirc) around August 8-9, right after his arrest. It's probably linked in the media thread in this forum.

Exactly. Even $2,000, or $5000, would be a bargain to keep him out of prison. That's a pitifully poor excuse for his anger.

I don't think Mickey asked for money. I think he is making that up. I think he probably immediately started to assault her and she maced him.
Jmo

I don't think Mickey asked for money. I think he is making that up. I think he probably immediately started to assault her and she maced him.
Jmo

Several times WS members said there is usually some truth to the stories told by liars. So....IMO If money was mentioned, it was for her services because he could not score with the 24 escort services he called that night. and then she maced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname