Would you read Ann Rule's book -

Would you read Ann Rule's book?

• Yes

Votes: 55 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • I am unsure if I would read the book at this time. Do not know.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • No, I feel the book would be bias

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Yes, I feel the book would be non-bias

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Yes, but I have not followed the story, I would purchase to read the Powell story

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Yes, to read both stories

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will definitely read the book. Thank you for the poll Arielilane!

Sounds like there will be more than the two stories included in the book. Note the word "begins" from the press blurb:

"In these shattering inside views of both headlined and little-known homicides, Rule speaks for vulnerable victims who relied on the wrong people. She begins with two startling novella-length investigations."

I will read it and pass it on to my neighbors, family members, and friends!

I will definitely be reading it! My book club, with 2 members in Coronado, others in nearby La Jolla, Del Mar, and downtown San Diego, voted unanimously to buy "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors," even though Anne Rule's books are not a genre we usually include for discussion. (We lean towards historical novels.) I will pass my personal copy on to family and friends, several of which are criminal defense lawyers and have strong opinions (accident, revenge murder, influence, blotched investigation).

For those of us who have been following this case intensely since July 13, 2011, I don't expect to find anything new. I DO look forward to Ann's summation of the facts and evidence -- or lack of -- and her take on ALL the events surrounding both deaths.

Ann Rule is a great writer that is fair and honest. Anyone that has read her books and is a fan of her writing would know that. She is not going to put her reputation on the line for a friend.

I voted "yes". Will definitely be reading this book.

Not only will I be reading it, but I have been spreading the word about it...

Thank you everyone that has voted on this poll thus far and to KZ for suggesting a poll concerning Ann Rule's book.

It would be awesome if Ann Rule would come on Tricia's True Crime radio show featured on Sunday evenings. Would that not be great!:great:

Thank you everyone that has voted on this poll thus far and to KZ for suggesting a poll concerning Ann Rule's book.

It would be awesome if Ann Rule would come on Tricia's True Crime radio show featured on Sunday evenings. Would that not be great!:great:

I agree, arielilane-- is there a "suggestion box" here at WS to communicate something like that to Tricia? A wish list?

With the Powell case also in the book, and about 2-3 other cases from the press releases, it could attract a wide listening audience.

That would be REALLY cool if Ann Rule would even consider that! :great:

I agree, arielilane-- is there a "suggestion box" here at WS to communicate something like that to Tricia? A wish list?

With the Powell case also in the book, and about 2-3 other cases from the press releases, it could attract a wide listening audience.

That would be REALLY cool if Ann Rule would even consider that! :great:

I would also like to suggest that Ann Rule do a book signing at Bay Books in Coronado. She would draw a lot of locals who have been followig this case.

Lol, well, I have absolutely no idea if Tricia would be interested in pursuing Ann Rule as a guest, and I have no idea if Ann Rule would be interested in being on the show. There may be contractual barriers that could prevent her from accepting, if Tricia were to seek an interview opportunity. IDK.

But what might be fun is having a poll to gauge interest across the forums. The book covers several cases, according to the pre release publicity. Maybe I'll start a poll just for fun! And if Tricia sees it, then we have planted an idea in the "suggestion box!" And she would have some data to use in addition to the book poll, if she wanted to pursue an interview opportunity.

And I think the poll might be visible on the home page, not just in this forum.

Ok. I found Tricia's suggestion thread and left a request there. That seems a better approach than starting a new poll. Hopefully we will get some feedback on whether this is realistic request!

Ok. I found Tricia's suggestion thread and left a request there. That seems a better approach than starting a new poll. Hopefully we will get some feedback on whether this is realistic request!

Here is the link to post your request as well. If you choose to. :please:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145596"]Guest Suggestions for Websleuths Radio[/ame] (
multipage.gif
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145596"]1[/ame] 2 3)

I'm interested in where the Zahau case book exposure could lead. The Powell case was a bigger story with greater exposure that also aired as a 48 Hour episode.

I wonder if 48 Hours would present the Zahau case or if that would be blocked because her death was declared a suicide. However, the Zahau family may be able to give their consent to air their side of the story. There are certainly enough anomalies and questions here to make for an interesting story line. Jmoo.

Wow, only 18 percent would not read the book? Fantastic because of the 84 people responding so far, those 63 planning to read the book can share it with 10 other people to get the word out on this case. No doubt the reach of this sad story will be exponential. The power of the people CAN overrule big PR attempts to squelch it.

I have to say, I'm very relieved that Ann Rule is including this case in her latest book. Her books not only garner a lot of national attention, they keep cases in the public eye for many years.

Without the attention from Ann Rule's book, this case would probably be swept under the rug. It's happened so many times in the past when very wealthy families are caught up in scandals that result in the loss of life. When people read and re-read this book in years to come, it will keep the pressure on SDSO and the Cali AG's office to re-investigate.

I have to say, I'm very relieved that Ann Rule is including this case in her latest book. Her books not only garner a lot of national attention, they keep cases in the public eye for many years.

Without the attention from Ann Rule's book, this case would probably be swept under the rug. It's happened so many times in the past when very wealthy families are caught up in scandals that result in the loss of life. When people read and re-read this book in years to come, it will keep the pressure on SDSO and the Cali AG's office to re-investigate.

Media gossip tells that Gore plans to retire when his term is up. I wonder if the next sherrif would consider re-investigating Rebecca's case. Those who believe she was murdered probably also believe the murderer is running around free. I am sure many would like to see a complete and thorough investigation done to put all the nagging questions to rest. I hope that happens. If not now then in the future, if God is willing.

Media gossip tells that Gore plans to retire when his term is up. I wonder if the next sherrif would consider re-investigating Rebecca's case. Those who believe she was murdered probably also believe the murderer is running around free. I am sure many would like to see a complete and thorough investigation done to put all the nagging questions to rest. I hope that happens. If not now then in the future, if God is willing.

That is certainly interesting news about Gore retiring.......I wonder why he is still receiving campaign contributions then? Perhaps this is a very recent decision on his part?

BBM.

Count me among those who believe the murderer/s are running around free.

It occurs to me that if I were widely suspected of being involved in a murder, and I was NOT involved in a murder, I'd sure want to do anything I could to clear my name from the cloud of suspicion. That's what I'd hire an expensive PR firm and a team of lawyers to do.

But that's just what I would do, of course. I don't pretend to understand how real murderers think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?