CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promised myself i would get some work done today since i am soooo far behind. And that i would not be back her until tomorrow a.m. So here's hoping when i do Dylan has been found safe and sound :please: :seeya:

I was under the impression it was a criminal investigation, are mountain lions now considered criminals?

Shef blamed aliens so mountain lions don't seem so far fetched. Any Big Foot sightings in that area?

On a serious note, I don't understand how LE can really rule out runaway, lost/injured or animal attack without knowing what really happened. You can't prove a negative and while time elapsed, lack of contact and such as would be unusual they aren't conclusive proof of anything.

Darn it, they know more than we do and I demand they start sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO perhaps his friends have older siblings that drive? Perhaps he told a friend to tell their mom his dad said he could go and ask her to come get him? I have no clue what his last text to friends that evening was,maybe he didn't asked to be picked up maybe he thought he could get there on his own hitching.Was his phone completely charged,so he could have called or text?

Since he texted his friends about not able to visit Sunday and visiting on Monday instead, LE should know exactly what was texted.
If he asked to be picked up LE would have known that.
Texting leaves a record of what exactly was said, unlike person to person conversation.

My point is, if he was attacked by a mountain lion, since he had his backpack with him, they would likely find something.
They found nothing.

A mountain lion will drag its prey to a safe hiding place before eating it, so assuming Dylan was wearing the backpack, it would have been dragged, too. This of course would have left a visible trail of sorts, so I doubt this is what happened, but it's possible.

I also think about stray bullets from hunters, maybe someone panicked and tossed him in the lake after screwing up. That's not likely either, but ... still grasping ...

My point is, if he was attacked by a mountain lion, since he had his backpack with him, they would likely find something.
They found nothing.

Your scenario would have us believe that the cats disrobed Dylan and set aside any of his personal property for investigators to find before they moved him to the feeding ground.

That's not how it works.

A 4-6 year old cat can grab a 200 pound man by the back of the neck and jump 20 feet without touching the ground. They sit perched above animal trails and grab the pray and then move them to a secure location to feast on for up to 7-10 days. The carcass is generally buried in brush between feedings, (lunch and dinner). the entire pack will feed off the fill after the dominate cat is satisfied.

It's called mother nature and humans have been on the cats menu for about 2 decades.

131.png

What would cause him to be so tired?
He didnt fly coast to coast.
No time change.
hes 13 not 73..
Used to gettig up early.
It was Sunday not a school day
I cant understand why he would be so tired.

He was probably tired because he was bored.
If he was there!

As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8596261&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

No time change.
hes 13 not 73..
Used to gettig up early.

If he was there!

He was up til 4 AM the night before his flight, that's what his tiredness has been attributed to. I think he may have been a little depressed too. JMO! MOO :moo:

Hey Guys - be nice when someone throws out an idea, please. Every idea counts. Dylan is missing and he needs to be found and brought home.

Those mountain lions look pretty scary. We need to look at every possibility here. Where did LE rule out lost in the woods? Or is that an assumption because LE is saying this is now a criminal investigation? IIRC, LE has ruled out runaway and they are now focusing on abduction or worse, but I don't remember seeing they had ruled out lost in the woods.

This thread is moving quickly so please remember to link or point to where a link can be found, okay.

Thanks,

Salem

What is the weather like in the area now?

Dylan COME HOME!!

Salem

Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening....

Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning.

When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito. That friend hadn't seen him

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2DvVlaMik
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

BBM

LE should know what the text said that Dylan sent his friends in BAYFIELD and IF he said he would be there at 6:30 or so on Monday morning. That was the plan that dad said was made before they left the Durango area (I think there may be better cell reception in this area??). How mad did Dylan get with not being able to go see his friends Sunday?

Dad could have dropped him off there Sunday and picked him up Monday after he was done with his errands?

No mention of anything about a FRIEND in Vallecito. Who is this person? Where do they live? Did he visit this friend in September? This is the first mention of this friend...

Do these disposable cells ping? I'm assuming they must...

I wonder if LE could determine if there were any pings near Dylan's dad's house...

Yes, they do. When was oldest was in 5th grade (he's a junior now) his best friend was a female in his class. That girl was being bullied by another classmate and the parents were preparing to pull the friend out of the class. My son and another male friend decided that couldn't happen so they used a pay as you go phone (registered to my address) to send a threatening text to the bully hoping she would get scared and leave. For good measure they signed another girl's name to the text assuming that would fool everybody (son is pretty but he's no genius). Less than 48 hours later I had a detective at my door.

Hey Guys - be nice when someone throws out an idea, please. Every idea counts. Dylan is missing and he needs to be found and brought home.

Those mountain lions look pretty scary. We need to look at every possibility here. Where did LE rule out lost in the woods? Or is that an assumption because LE is saying this is now a criminal investigation? IIRC, LE has ruled out runaway and they are now focusing on abduction or worse, but I don't remember seeing they had ruled out lost in the woods.

This thread is moving quickly so please remember to link or point to where a link can be found, okay.

Thanks,

Salem

Authorities say they don't believe Dylan Redwine ran away or that he became lost in the woods.
link

It'd be nice to see vid of the exact statement made, though, or the exact quote.

I need to ask about texts. I have friends in rural Oklahoma and I live in North Texas.
Sometimes they are angry that it can take up to 12 hours for me to get their texts. Just pondering as Dylan was in a rural area and have questions.

Any ultra sleuths here that know where to find a map of the cell towers around Vallecito/Bayfield? I know I've seen those posted in other cases...? :dunno:

No time change.
hes 13 not 73..
Used to gettig up early.

If he was there!

While all of your statements sound accurate, I personally would be a little hesitant to put stock in generalizations on a child we don't know, especially when there are so many unknowns to us. For example, travelling by himself could be stressful (or just travelling in general) or he could've been so excited to make the trip and see his friends that he crashed energy-wise. Kids get tired once in a while, sometimes, rarely, I think...lol. Just sayin' it's not completely out of the question, moo.

Regarding the "fishing pole...

I wonder if it is common for local folks to do some "late night" fishing.....

I wonder who Dylan would most likely go fishing with (i.e. past history of either friends, neighbors, family members, etc.) and frequency of same in the past?

I Wonder how common is it for folks to boat on that lake and if Dylan has ever done so in the past and if Dylan/Anyone had access to a boat/canoe, etc.?

Just things that have been swirling through my wondering mind....

Your scenario would have us believe that the cats disrobed Dylan and set aside any of his personal property for investigators to find before they moved him to the feeding ground.

That's not how it works.

A 4-6 year old cat can grab a 200 pound man by the back of the neck and jump 20 feet without touching the ground. They sit perched above animal trails and grab the pray and then move them to a secure location to feast on for up to 7-10 days. The carcass is generally buried in brush between feedings, (lunch and dinner). the entire pack will feed off the fill after the dominate cat is satisfied.

It's called mother nature and humans have been on the cats menu for about 2 decades.

131.png

I never said cat would disrobe him. But I don't think cat would take backpack that Dylan had with him. As far as I can tell cats have no interest in backpacks.

Any ultra sleuths here that know where to find a map of the cell towers around Vallecito/Bayfield? I know I've seen those posted in other cases...? :dunno:

Map in thread 1. Somewhere.

Regarding the "fishing pole...

I wonder if it is common for local folks to do some "late night" fishing.....

I wonder who Dylan would most likely go fishing with (i.e. past history of either friends, neighbors, family members, etc.) and frequency of same in the past?

I Wonder how common is it for folks to boat on that lake and if Dylan has ever done so in the past and if Dylan/Anyone had access to a boat/canoe, etc.?

Just things that have been swirling through my wondering mind....

Since father says he saw him in the morning, Dylan didn't do any late night fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa