CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the battery is not charged. Maybe it never made it to the charger on Sunday night.

Now that sounds very familiar!
How many times have I received the excuse 'I forgot to charge my cell?"

Also the weaker the signal the harder the cell works and the quicker the battery drains. (someone told me that once)

If he woke up and the cell was dead I don't think he'd wait to charge it but that's just my opinion.

Well on the other hand if my son knew he could not get them by phone due to location, he would just head out in a hurry to catch up with them not really thinking about the danger of going alone.

I bet this has been answered but I missed it. Can you text on an ipad?

If you're asking about the iPod that was removed from the home, it depends on what type it was. An iPod Touch can text if a wifi connection is available. An iPod Shuffle, Nano, etc does not have that feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this... all the time, always, as many as possible.

There are different protocols for contacting each, right? Doesn't Tim Miller's ES have to be requested by the family or on behalf of them?

I hope someone else is acting as an official liason for the family, aside from Denise Hess, because from what I can see, she is working her tail into the ground. As are several people there on the ground. Hopefully they're delegating tasks to reliable people so things get done and nobody burns out emotionally or otherwise.

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case.
TES

It does seem like many locals are working nonstop to find him.

If you're asking about the iPod that was removed from the home, it depends on what type it was. An iPod Touch can text if a wifi connection is available. An iPod Shuffle, Nano, etc does not have that feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I have one of those plug in wifi things from verizon that allows me access the internet. Do those work on an ipad?

I think I understand now that that's different from cell service. Good grief I need to learn more about technology apparently.

:waitasec: so what is necessary for wifi? Have patience with me please.

A hotspot or router. If you go back a few pages, or search this thread, a bunch of info about iPad and iPod capabilities, cell service vs wifi, etc was posted today. :)

Moo

Maybe you're thinking of this post detailing flight options from Denver? But dad made a point in that YouTube video to say it was a direct flight from COS-DRO. I was mainly just looking for a link to confirm the fam friend's statement that Dylan did indeed arrive between 6-6:30. Just thought with more info abt that night's activities, we could look further at timeframes and locations. :). I agree, they may still have been on the road at 8.

Moo

Odd. I thought the prior poster said there were no direct flights from COS-DRO.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8587327#post8587327"]CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2 - Page 22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Now I'm remembering why I had a land line till last year and slow dial up. Amazing how quickly we forget, LOL.

A hotspot or router. If you go back a few pages, or search this thread, a bunch of info about iPad and iPod capabilities, cell service vs wifi, etc was posted today. :)

Moo

Thank you so much. I will do that. Thanks everyone. :seeya:

Maybe you're thinking of this post detailing flight options from Denver? But dad made a point in that YouTube video to say it was a direct flight from COS-DRO. I was mainly just looking for a link to confirm the fam friend's statement that Dylan did indeed arrive between 6-6:30. Just thought with more info abt that night's activities, we could look further at timeframes and locations. :). I agree, they may still have been on the road at 8.

Moo

THANK YOU BOTH!!!!!! and yes, of course it was at the end of thread #2, as I looked at threads 3-6 twice each!! :help: Wow things ARE moving fast here!

The only thing I am sure of is that Dylan can't get home. With the Thanksgiving meal, and Christmas coming, I feel that if there were any way he could be home, he would be..he is either being 'held', or he is no longer with us...JMO :-(

And how about the "weekend father" behavior, you know, spoiling DR, letting him do and eat whatever he wanted, etc. I presume Dad would bend over backwards to make himself the good guy in DR's eyes, what with the animosity, if any, between the parents. If Dad is being truthful, he adores his youngest child. JMO.

But the first day the kid is there, dad takes off for a 4 hours of errands.

THANK YOU BOTH!!!!!! and yes, of course it was at the end of thread #2, as I looked at threads 3-6 twice each!! :help: Wow things ARE moving fast here!

And yet, not nearly fast enough.
Where are you, Dylan? It's been 2 weeks since you landed in Durango. What happened next?

I'm going to call it a night. Maybe tomorrow will bring Dylan home.

Maybe Dylan asked his Dad to buy him a fishing pole; hence, that's why Dad is particularly focused on the fishing pole, eh?

Someone mentioned Occam's Razor the other day so here is the definition of that.

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Using that theory, I believe it was one of DR's friends that he was supposed to meet that morning, that said he thought he was hitching and someone took him away. Actually there were two of friends who said that.

Maybe we should be looking at the simple and not creating a string of what if's. Especially since we have hardly any facts about DR's disappearance, but lots of assumptions. jmo

Someone mentioned Occam's Razor the other day so here is the definition of that.

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Using that theory, I believe it was one of DR's friends that he was supposed to meet that morning, that said he thought he was hitching and someone took him away. Actually there were two of friends who said that.

Maybe we should be looking at the simple and not creating a string of what if's. Especially since we have hardly any facts about DR's disappearance, but lots of assumptions. jmo

I fail to see how that is somehow more simple than some alternative theories.

But the first day the kid is there, dad takes off for a 4 hours of errands.
Conversely, during the first few days the son is there, he made plans to spend them with his friends! Let's face it: hanging out with your father at 13 is pretty dull. Especially when it's guys. After the first five minutes, what else is there to talk about?? It is not like catching up with your peers. MOO.

Ok I have one of those plug in wifi things from verizon that allows me access the internet. Do those work on an ipad?

I think I understand now that that's different from cell service. Good grief I need to learn more about technology apparently.

You should be able to use it with iPads 1 & 2. We've not been able to connect my iPad to Bluetooth because we think apple purposely disabled that feature to force people to sign up for data service.

So to recap:
iPads need either wifi or cellular service to make texting happen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa