Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dannel Malloy, CT Governor on Live:

rep of state police will speak to u after I'm done

perp of crime is dead

as is individual that perp lived with

As we process the horrific tragedy in Connecticut today, we are given a stark reminder of how precious and fragile we all are to one another. Our hearts go out to the families who suffered the unspeakable. The events will be in our thoughts and prayers as we all stand in solidarity with those who are suffering so deeply. When a tragedy like this happens, I believe that it is in our nature to come together as one. Now more than ever, we as a country are with the people of Newtown, Connecticut.

Dr. Oz-facebook page

Governor: Perp. dead (so not the brother?)

I used to live in the next town, Southbury. I hope none of those murdered children were any of my friends or neighbors grandkids. Over the years we've lost touch so I can't call. It used to be such a beautiful area. I'm so sad and horrified.

If my kid killed an entire kinder classroom, I would be relieved that he killed me too. :cry:

Now hearing 2 bodies found dead in the home in Newtown

So that would be 1 dead in NJ home 2 at local home mom at school and a girlfriend and friend missing in NJ if I put all the pieces together- this is just not get better and the info is so fluid.

Those kids were counting the days until Christmas - so sad to think about.

MSM is contradicting itself in the reporting of this incident.

I think we are going to have to be patient and wait for official press releases / conferences from Law Enforcement officials.

Vance, CT State Police Live:

-much cannot confirm

-18 children pronounced dead at school

- 2 children pronounced dead at area hospital

-6 adults pronounced dead at school

CT State Police spokesperson Lt. Paul Vance:

"An active, ongoing investigation....a lot of things we cannot confirm or discuss."

The focus of the first responders was to search for students and staff and evacuate them.

"There were 18 children that were pronounced dead at the school." Two were pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital.

"It is not a simplistic scene" to investigate. "We will be here through the night, certainly through the weekend."

"There is a secondary crime scene here in Newtown. There is an adult deceased at that location."

"The information that we have right now (is) that the shootings took place in one section of the school, in two rooms."

"We will be back in just about sixty minutes" at twenty till five or a quarter till five [EST]

State Police: Active, ongoing investigation. Can't discuss much. Repeating earlier statement. 18 children pronounced dead at at school, 2 more transported - pronounced dead. 6 adults pronounced dead at scene. Shooter dead at at school.

So...if I understand correctly: They are now saying A was the shooter. R is the brother of the shooter (who may possibly be in custody)?

I am scared to post anything else wrong....this is confusing!!

Didnt R just say it wasnt him on the twitter account?

If he is on there THAT R cant be the right one if he is in custody.

IMO

I was hoping the numbers was wrong:( When this started I was horrified that just one child was dead, didn't realize the number would go up. A nightmare this is.

Now hearing 2 bodies found dead in the home in Newtown

So that would be 1 dead in NJ home 2 at local home mom at school and a girlfriend and friend missing in NJ if I put all the pieces together- this is just not get better and the info is so fluid.

I read that CNN confirmed 1 of the dead in the house was a brother.

Reuters LIVE tweet

secondary crime scene in newtown, adult deceased, but no further info on that. New Jersey police assisting also.

Shooting took place in 1 section at the school, in two rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suzanne M1a