Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 24-year-old man dressed in all black carrying two guns killed 26 people -- including his mother and 18 children -- during morning announcements at a Newtown elementary school on Friday, NBC has learned. The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School is one of the worst school shootings in American history.

Federal officials identified the shooter to NBC News as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, whose mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school.

Another family member was found shot to death inside a home in Newtown. The relationship to Ryan Lanza was not immediately clear.

Lanza's brother is in custody being questioned, though it was unclear why.

Ryan Lanza opened fire first at the school's office, then in his mother's kindergarten class..................

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-to-Shooting-at-School-Police--183498401.html

ABC news now reporting confusion on the name of the shooter. Name of shooter is not confirmed by Law Enforcement.

now they are saying on CBS that 'Adam' is the shooter? All very confusing. 2 brothers, 1 dead at the scene.

I'll wait for more confirmation on this, but my thoughts were the younger brother was part of it, but was to wait for all the children to come out after LE arrived and then break out in fire again...causing more chaos and death. He may have had seconds thoughts and just stayed in the woods. If he had a weapon with him, why not shoot LE who was searching and found him?

Someone had to know how freaking messed up this kid was. Seriously.

JMO

Live shot of home in Hoboken, NJ on Fox . . . Father found dead in NJ, Mother in CT found dead. Shooter had a brother and brother is in custody. 2nd crime scene in Newtown, CT home of the Mother. LE (Lt. Paul Vance) states that Police did not shoot the shooter . . . assuming shooter took his own life.

CBS: Lanza's two roommates questioned and neither seemed to have anything to do with shooting.

CBS is reporting police are talking to shooters room mates

Didnt R just say it wasnt him on the twitter account?

If he is on there THAT R cant be the right one if he is in custody.

IMO

But someone could have used his picture on twitter and pretended to be him or hacked his account.

I read on FB of a local an entire kindergarten class is unaccounted for. *vomits*

27 victims total (confirmed). 26 at the school. 6 adults and 20 children. 1 person deceased inside a home. That is not including the reports of those missing and a possibly second body found (a brother?). How can one person carry out something like that? I know it has happened before, but where do you get that many guns and ammunition? Not turning this into a gun debate, but that is an awful lot of weapons to have for any regular citizen.

MOO

I won't post links but did we think the twitter page belonged to one of the involved parties? (R?)

That page follows only 30 people and one of them has a username that likely belongs to AL.

It's .... interesting.... to say the least.

3:42 p.m.: Shooting took place in “one section of the school in two rooms,” says Vance, adds there is only one known shooter “right now.”

3:40 p.m.: 18 children pronounced dead at school; 2 dead at hospital; 6 adults dead at school, says Conn. State Police spokesman Paul Vance.

WATCH LIVE press conference with Conn. Gov. Dan Malloy.

3:18 p.m.: “As a country, we have been through this too many times,” President Obama says about shooting.

3:17 p.m.: President Obama says majority of victims were students ages five to 10 years old.

3:15 p.m.: President Obama visibly emotional in remarks about Newtown, Conn. school shooting.

3:15: Gunman Ryan Lanza’s mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school. She and many of her students were found dead in the school.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/

You just know the media is going to show them wheeling out the bodies :(

That is why I refuse to watch the live coverage links. I'm sticking to the scanner and this thread and random bits from CNN (press conferences, etc...).

CBS - Dr. John Murphy - Danbury Hospital no longer on lockdown - up and operational. Many people were and can be affected by events of today. Thanks to first responders for their devotion to community and hospital. Crisis intervention services offered 24/7. He cannot disclose info on patients in hospital - State Police involved. He can make no comments about the patients - he has not received their permission to disclose info - they are providing care to the injured. They received 3 Patients @ that hospital - they willnot confirm they are still treating three patients.

Everyone who is keeping todays victims/families in your prayers/thoughts, please also keep all the victims/families of past shootings in them as well. As the daughter of a victim, I know how hard it is for her, and her classmates/friends even 40 years later.

Fox News showing video stream from Hoboken NJ. Neighborhood has crime scene tape up across the road. LE going in and out of the house.

Fox News now reporting the suspect girlfriend is missing

Hartford Courant reporter
Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
lot of wrong numbers out there. state cops confirmed 20 children died, 18 at school. 2 at hospital. 7 adults including shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57