Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be requiring it for health programs if these students were going to see any patients. AL would be going into engineering.

The CT State University system requires a 2 page medical checklist form with immunizations/TB info and a MD signing off on it before admission.

From your link to article, there is not a picture that goes with it, where did that pic come from? and it is photo shopped, look at the big square around her drink and hand, a poor job at that.

TIA

Looks to me like something was possibly photoshopped "out" of the photo. The water above her hand appears to be cloned.

For serious students, I agree. When I was getting my 4 year, there were definitely people who just wanted to float through the programs.

fwiw, I also don't think things are so inflated in competitive graduate programs... or at least that has been my experience. You have to earn your A/B or move over for someone who can. Which is why I don't sleep anymore =P

Harvard is famous for grade inflation.....notorious actually. Google it.

Looks to me like something was possibly photoshopped "out" of the photo. The water above her hand appears to be cloned.
Fascinating. Would anyone be so silly as to photoshop a ciggie from this photo?
It had to be something else. Hmmm.

For serious students, I agree. When I was getting my 4 year, there were definitely people who just wanted to float through the programs.

fwiw, I also don't think things are so inflated in competitive graduate programs... or at least that has been my experience. You have to earn your A/B or move over for someone who can. Which is why I don't sleep anymore =P
Pretty inflated still, unless one is talking top-tier universities. Depends on the program of course.

I was speaking mainly of freshman/sophomore introductory classes, which is what I taught. I was near the GPA bottom in my department but still it probably averaged 2.8-3.1. Others just handed out As. Fortunately my sections filled anyway. The top kids do want quality.

From your link to article, there is not a picture that goes with it, where did that pic come from? and it is photo shopped, look at the big square around her drink and hand, a poor job at that.

TIA
Nope .. that picture came from "Google search"

That "square around her drink and hand" is not photo shop... there is another picture around ... same one but of LARGER size .. with some advertizing on it (I have it by the way) ... and the "square thingy" is on it too, as a part of advertizing) ... So if someone took the advertizing off, then more likely they kept the "square thingy" in tact, because it's a "see-through" .. and the orginal photo's material could be seen through it.

Something like that, i would imagine.

TIA

The hand behind the glass appears to be her other hand (left)...two fingers up, the index & pinkie. It isn't matching with the left arm. jmo

Harvard is famous for grade inflation.....notorious actually. Google it.

Yeah. I have a friend at another Ivy League grad school, and the grade scale for that particular doctoral program is basically:

A = satisfactory
B = warning
C = failure, danger of removal from program

You don't get a C unless you REALLY screw something up.

Yeah. I have a friend at another Ivy League grad school, and the grade scale for that particular doctoral program is basically:

A = satisfactory
B = warning
C = failure, danger of removal from program

You don't get a C unless you REALLY screw something up.

In graduate school, C is a failing grade. In undergraduate, C is passing grade. AL was obviously not in graduate school.

She left him in a house for days at a time. I find it hard to believe she thought he would need to be committed.

I'm not convinced that AL was free to move about the home as he chose when his mother was away.

The same was true way back when I went off to college. Maybe because I was living in a dorm. don't know.

I was thinking that the medical information would be required to live on campus, in a dorm. Trying to remember, but I do think my son's college required the medical information and he lived in the dorm.

She could just be on a boat having a drink. Makes her look like a jetsetter never at home with all that's been put out.

I'm curious as to AL's care for the past year if/when/while mom traveled. What was their relationship and when did the anger or hostility begin to build? It could be what is being said in the media about a college or mom was truely searching for him to be kept in a facility.

Meningitis State Laws

Thirty-nine states have one or more laws related to meningitis with the majority of these laws focusing on school requirements. State laws address this issue by requiring the distribution of meningitis information, receipt of a vaccine or waiver, or adding the meningitis vaccine to the state's established requirements and exemptions. The two target groups captured in these laws are college students (usually first year students residing on campus) and young adolescents (usually 6th graders).

http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/meningitis-state-legislation-and-laws.aspx

I'm not convinced that AL was free to move about the home as he chose when his mother was away.
I wonder if this ties in with the mobile crime scene van being at the home for so many days.

He wouldn't know he was the victim of discrimination. The university wouldn't announce that the reason he wasn't admitted was that the admission board feared he was a homicidal maniac.

I don't think he would be able to get through any interviews to be admitted, nor would he be able to communicate with counselors in scheduling classes. At least that is what it seems.

She IS on the boat having a drink .. with some people :)

Same boat where few other pictures, that was posted previously and around the net, were taken.

aww Anderson Cooper CNN interviewing the family!
Victoria Soto's little brother is wearing her school badge... because his sister's got her jewelry.... so sweet!!!

They have pink flamingo's all over the front yard because she loved them!
Everyone is wearing green...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member