Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could just be on a boat having a drink. Makes her look like a jetsetter never at home with all that's been put out.

I'm curious as to AL's care for the past year if/when/while mom traveled. What was their relationship and when did the anger or hostility begin to build? It could be what is being said in the media about a college or mom was truely searching for him to be kept in a facility.

She was on a day outing with friends from the pizza place/bar. I don't have a link, just remember reading about it. Not exactly jet-setting, but I sure hope she had fun that day.

I'm not convinced that AL was free to move about the home as he chose when his mother was away.

I wonder if this ties in with the mobile crime scene van being at the home for so many days.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that measures had been taken to ensure containment while she was away. It's been reported that his mother prepared his meals prior to leaving - he may have had a fridge & a microwave oven in his basement. We already know he had a bathroom down there.

She was on a day outing with friends from the pizza place/bar. I don't have a link, just remember reading about it. Not exactly jet-setting, but I sure hope she had fun that day.
Yes.. Video taken by Erin from CNN's "Out front" ... they were on that "water outing".. and all of them DID have a good time, including Nancy.

Do you think she locked him in the basement and left? For days at a time?
LOL .. I would imagine he wasn't locked up in the basement ... but do not know FOR SURE ... after all I wasn't there to verify it one way or another, lol :D

It sounds to me that she couldn't get him out of that basement. So I sure as **** don't think she locked him in there when she was out.

Wendy good points

So many parents get caught in the "I know my child better than anyone" mindset and therefore fail to heed some simple constructive advice and ongoing help from professionals who see tohusands of children a year and are trying to be supportive as an objective helper.

Many experts sees things that parents are blinded from seeing in their kids

I think Laurie Dann's parents fit the "ignore the problem" scenario

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20099121,00.html

Driven by An Insane Rage, a Young Woman Turns Her Guns on 8-Year-Olds and Wounds An Entire Community

LOL .. I would imagine he wasn't locked up in the basement ... but do not know FOR SURE ... after all I wasn't there to verify it one way or another, lol :D

I just can't see it happening. But, as you said, don't know for sure.

That's my thought. He wouldn't be the first child locked up. She had to get out, don't know why he didn't have a caregiver or whether he did or not when she was away, keeping him confined might have given her the sense that he was safe.

KINGSTON, N.H. — It’s been 14 years since Newtown, Conn., shooting victim Nancy Champion Lanza last lived in town, but yesterday the 52-year-old Sanborn Regional High School graduate was remembered here at a private memorial service.

http://m.eagletribune.com/eagletrib/pm_101675/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=eAw8CFbO

14 years?? doesn't her family live there? did she even have a relationship with her family?

It says 14 years since she lived in town, not since she has been there.

No hired sitters/nurses' aids have stepped forward saying they watched him while his mom was gone for days.

A former director of security at the school said the killer was one in very much in need of watching. He could hurt himself. If there wasn't anyone hired to watch him, how did Nancy know he wasn't burning down her home while she was gone?

KINGSTON, N.H. — It’s been 14 years since Newtown, Conn., shooting victim Nancy Champion Lanza last lived in town, but yesterday the 52-year-old Sanborn Regional High School graduate was remembered here at a private memorial service.

http://m.eagletribune.com/eagletrib/pm_101675/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=eAw8CFbO

14 years?? doesn't her family live there? did she even have a relationship with her family?

1. Yes

2. Yes (14 years = since she lived there last ... and now she "came home for the permanent stay" / to be laid to rest).

But she did stay in touch with her family .. not sure how close they were .. but they stayed in touch.

Pretty inflated still, unless one is talking top-tier universities. Depends on the program of course.

I was speaking mainly of freshman/sophomore introductory classes, which is what I taught. I was near the GPA bottom in my department but still it probably averaged 2.8-3.1. Others just handed out As. Fortunately my sections filled anyway. The top kids do want quality.

I've heard it's more common in the more elite schools- the whole "My daddy is rich and influential so I get good grades" syndrome.

But I'm just speaking on my experience, anyhow. I do think that A's are much easier to come by in the language and humanities. Most of my classes are math and science, and nothing about it is subjective. Either you know calculus & quantum mechanics- or you don't. You don't really get extra points for style or creativity. I do wish my professors were giving out A's like candy, though, I must be doing something wrong. :waitasec::floorlaugh:

I think she provided him with an apartment to live in and provided food and drink for him when she was gone. Perhaps locking up her living quarters. To prevent him from entering as any "landlord" wight do.

Do we know there were no windows or doors down there? Or just not in his rooms?

If he had a way to escape in the event of a fire etc. I don't consider him "locked in." I'd consider him"locked out" -big difference.

OT: in my nursing school days, the hospital we trained at kept babies/toddlers in beds built like cages. The parents were rarely present and these little stinkers could climb out of a bed in nothing flat!

According to my old man, a 9mm hard point bullet would go through the skull and not bounce around in the skull. A low 22 or 25 caliber bullet bounces around the in the skull and mushes the brain like a blender too.

AL used the 10 mm Glock for his final shot.

BBM

Lanza died of a gunshot wound to the head from a 10 mm gun, and the bullet was recovered in a classroom wall, said the same official who described the scene at his mother’s house [a state official who was not authorized to disclose details of the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.]

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...ge-shot-school-gunman-debate-over-gun-control

(CNN) -- Adam Lanza brought three weapons inside Sandy Hook Elementary school on December 14 and left a fourth in his car, police said. Those weapons were a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle and two handguns -- a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html

I think she provided him with an apartment to live in and provided food and drink for him when she was gone. Perhaps locking up her living quarters. To prevent him from entering as any "landlord" wight do.

Do we know there were no windows or doors down there? Or just not in his rooms?

If he had a way to escape in the event of a fire etc. I don't consider him "locked in." I'd consider him"locked out" -big difference.

A plumber who worked at the home commented that there were no windows or doors in the basement and even said someone lived in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member