GUILTY GA - Skylar Dials, 9, Griffin, 21 December 2012

Collett lives next door to the Dials in the home of his girlfriend's father. The GBI said his girlfriend has a daughter the same age as Dials, and the two were playmates.

Deputies say the child left her house Friday afternoon to visit the playmate's house. A few hours later, the family went to the neighbor's house, but Skylar wasn't there

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/269276/40/Neighbor-arrested-in-death-of-9-yr-old-Skylar-Dials

BBM

This article does lead you to believe that Skylar was walking over to her killer's house to see his girlfriend's daughter (her playmate)....

So, the killer was probably the guy that the reporter spoke to......

So sad.....

Collett lives next door to the Dials in the home of his girlfriend's father. The GBI said his girlfriend has a daughter the same age as Dials, and the two were playmates.

Deputies say the child left her house Friday afternoon to visit the playmate's house. A few hours later, the family went to the neighbor's house, but Skylar wasn't there

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/269276/40/Neighbor-arrested-in-death-of-9-yr-old-Skylar-Dials

BBM

This article does lead you to believe that Skylar was walking over to her killer's house to see his girlfriend's daughter (her playmate)....

So, the killer was probably the guy that the reporter spoke to......

So sad.....

So, so terrifying :(

If I am doing the math correctly..Bethany died December 16, 2006...

Just 2 months before her 5th birthday?

JMO

Yes....I believe so. Sorry I left off the year she died...:blushing:

:(
I'm really sad about all these baby killers.
I hope I can tough it up and stick with WS .
You all are brave.

Ok is it just me or is it possible this fellow may be somewhat challenged?

I have been lurking, but never posted. I just looked at his FB page, and he is friends with my deceased uncle's wife on there. I just sent her a message to see what the connection with her is, if any.

I have been lurking, but never posted. I just looked at his FB page, and he is friends with my deceased uncle's wife on there. I just sent her a message to see what the connection with her is, if any.

:wagon: Farmgirl...:welcome4:

And thank you for checking into FB connections! :seeya:

Welcome to our group!

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

:greetings::greetings:

I would really like to know what led to his arrest. The article above said that they were just finishing the search of his home so it wasn't something found in that since just now finishing up. I'm kind of leaning towards he confessed or told someone. Very disturbing that poor Skylar played there often and most likely trusted him. Also someone on one of the first pages maybe Katydid? Suspected this neighbor after his comments to the press, good intuition!

MOO and all that jazz.

Just checking in, I am so sorry to read she is deceased, I was really hoping for a better outcome

:cry: Rest In Peace Skylar.......

So sad to see another beautiful angel taken from this earth. This holiday, I will be praying for all those that are suffering. My struggles are insignificant, compared to those that have lost a child. I can think of no greater pain than what they are enduring at this time.

I do want to know the circumstances that led up to the arrest of this individual for her murder. I also would like to know, from those that were around him, how his mental state was in the days before he committed this horrible crime.

We are supposed to be a civilized society. There has been a significant increase in violent crime in my community over the last year. We as a nation have to put the time, effort and money into recognizing and treating mental illness and violence. It's a huge task, that can not be accomplished only by our government. It will take the entire community to accomplish the changes that need to be made.

God bless you and rest you, Skylar, little Georgia girl. I didn't even know you were missing until we heard you had been found.

I hope you feel warm now and that you will be seeing Christmas from the best imaginable vantage point of all.

So Sad :( The Children always get me the most.

RIP Sweet Skylar

~

I am just really glad the her mother and brother didn't get sucked into this.
I feel really bad for them!
Her poor brother wasn't there to protect her... :(

I think this perp just knew he had the perfect opportunity.
Mom and brother not in town, lady he lives with and her daughter gone...

Skylar was alone, a target and defenseless.
Hopefully the media will release more info tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back