GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

Has LE been looking into Dontrell being placed at a Safe Haven location since Oct or was that just looked into recently?

Has LE been looking into Dontrell being placed at a Safe Haven location since Oct or was that just looked into recently?

One of the MSM articles stated they just started looking for him Wednesday of this week, and I believe that was based on a second call to DCF.

My understanding is that any search for Dontrell just happened. Whatever was reported in October was never acted on.

If the parents relationship was abusive, then I can totally see the mother making 2 anonymous calls to Child services in the hope that they would investigate and do something.
Chances are the mother has at least suspected the truth all along. Maybe she was too scared to say or do anything about it. Maybe she or her other children have been threatened also. Maybe she just hoped against hope that he was telling the truth and the baby was with his parents..:twocents::twocents:

I'm wondering if the 2nd call was made because of the new baby. It's possible she wanted out before something happened to this one too.

:moo::moo::moo:

I don't understand..... when they say a call was screened and deemed unworthy does that mean that the call was basically ignored?

Is there no duty to investigate in the US?

I don't think that Sierra is Dontrell's mother. It said that his mother called DCF and she was having custody issues. I think Sierra is the new girlfriend that Mr. Melvin has 2 other kids with and lives with. I hope they both get what they deserve. He is a beautiful baby. I would have taken him.

bbm

Bless your heart Christi, I wish you could have given him a loving home.

I may not be understanding correctly, but what I think they're saying is that it is LE and not CPS that has to investigate missing children reports or reports of actual crimes against children. What CPS does is investigate cases of neglect, abuse and abandonment, I think. MOO

I don't understand..... when they say a call was screened and deemed unworthy does that mean that the call was basically ignored?

Is there no duty to investigate in the US?

Yes, it means that the call was ignored.

There is supposed to be a duty to investigate in the US. I am sure we are going to hear multiple excuses as to why it was not investigated.

Sorry, but I need to vent.

I am so sick and tired of these "girls" (not women) letting these men do things to their children and they just deal with it. I saw "mother's" mugshot and she is high on something. I have no doubt in my mind that Mr. Melvin hurt this baby and the mother let it happen and helped him cover it up. She only called CPS because they got into a fight or she thought he was cheating. These girls really aggrevate me. I would never ever let any man hurt one of my babies. I have a hard time when my husband spanks one of my children, and he doesn't do it that often. It hurts my heart and I just want to cry with them. I wish I could take my anger out on these stupid, naive girls.

RIP little Dontrell. I love you even if your parents didn't.

Yes, it means that the call was ignored.

There is supposed to be a duty to investigate in the US. I am sure we are going to hear multiple excuses as to why it was not investigated.

This sounds like there was a serious deviation from the normal protocol. I have always understood that CPS has a duty to "investigate" every report.

Sorry, but I need to vent.

I am so sick and tired of these "girls" (not women) letting these men do things to their children and they just deal with it. I saw "mother's" mugshot and she is high on something. I have no doubt in my mind that Mr. Melvin hurt this baby and the mother let it happen and helped him cover it up. She only called CPS because they got into a fight or she thought he was cheating. These girls really aggrevate me. I would never ever let any man hurt one of my babies. I have a hard time when my husband spanks one of my children, and he doesn't do it that often. It hurts my heart and I just want to cry with them. I wish I could take my anger out on these stupid, naive girls.

RIP little Dontrell. I love you even if your parents didn't.

Sadly women are not alone in standing silently while their partners are abusing their children. It has become an epidemic.

I won't pretend to support or understand any person that stands by and watches their partner use physical violence against a child for any reason including to correct them.

This sounds like there was a serious deviation from the normal protocol. I have always understood that CPS has a duty to "investigate" every report.

Same with LE that took the report. I thought LE had a duty to investigate every report. I really can't understand how two different agencies failed to do anything.

Same with LE that took the report. I thought LE had a duty to investigate every report. I really can't understand how two different agencies failed to do anything.

I don't understand either. It wouldn't have made a difference for this baby since it appears he was dead long before the first call was made but it could have resulted in his siblings being removed from the danger much sooner.

I don't see ONE reason that justifies what this mother did, or did NOT do to protect her child.

No way do I believe any (even half-assed) mother would let their baby stay away for 18 months and not question where they were or want contact with them.

EVERY one let Dontrell down.. his parents, his extended family, LE, Family Services..

Makes me wonder how many babies are buried in back yards that no one is even looking for. No one.

I say fry them both.

We have had a number of instances of involvement with this family in recent years...

I'm still not understanding all of this. I'm really interested in what LE makes public after this is all sorted out. That may not happen until trial, if there is a trial.

Does anyone know how old Calvin and Brittney's second child is? I guess I am curious if he was conceived before or after Dontell went missing. fwiw....

We have had a number of instances of involvement with this family in recent years...

I'm still not understanding all of this. I'm really interested in what LE makes public after this is all sorted out. That may not happen until trial, if there is a trial.

Does anyone know how old Calvin and Brittney's second child is? I guess I am curious if he was conceived before or after Dontell went missing. fwiw....

I am not sure how old but in mid July she has a fb pic that says almost due then in August pics of the baby start showing up. Also, people are starting to make comments on her pics...

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428/photos_stream

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_11
Back