GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

I just tried the link and it still works for me.

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428

Thank you, that one worked. Brittney is such a classy little thing isn't she? How charming that her proud mother commented on her "beautiful daughter's" photos but didn't question the absence of her grandchild. Priorities people - you're doing them wrong!

I am not sure how old but in mid July she has a fb pic that says almost due then in August pics of the baby start showing up. Also, people are starting to make comments on her pics...

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428/photos_stream

No FB so I can't read the comments, but a child born in late July or early August would have definately been conceived after Dontrell went 'missing'. :( :sigh:

I'm going to bet it was the birth of their second child this past August which amped up the questions about Dontrell. Kind of hard for a couple to show off their new baby when no one has seen their old baby.

And to think we all thought not reporting your child missing for 30 days was something..... I will never understand how a parent, especially a mother, can do this. :furious:

No FB so I can't read the comments, but a child born in late July or early August would have definately been conceived after Dontrell went 'missing'. :( :sigh:

I'm going to bet it was the birth of their second child this past August which amped up the questions about Dontrell. Kind of hard for a couple to show off their new baby when no one has seen their old baby.

And to think we all thought not reporting your child missing for 30 days was something..... I will never understand how a parent, especially a mother, can do this. :furious:

Lol, never dreamed that someone would come along and make the A's look almost rash in their decision to ONLY wait a month before making the report.

So sad.. R.I. P. little one.. I wonder how many more are out there that we don't know about.

Honestly as I hear more about this the more I want to bash heads all together scream what is wrong with you. Way to many people failed Dontrell and his siblings.
I feel for those that were truly in the dark but I have a sick feeling that more then Dontrell's parents knew what happened to him.

Oh my I just read the 'about' section :furious:

I know we can't copy it but I have a screen shot of the words this miserable, lying, sorry excuse for a mother wrote to describe herself.

So... mum called DCF in October to say she hadn't seen Dontrell for a year which leads me to think that it was dad who actually killed him, she knew (was involved in some way but to a lesser extent), they had an argument and she was basically grassing him up. They made up which meant that she dropped the issue with DCF (lets face it none of us would).

I wonder if he knew that she called DCF in October.....

So... mum called DCF in October to say she hadn't seen Dontrell for a year which leads me to think that it was dad who actually killed him, she knew (was involved in some way but to a lesser extent), they had an argument and she was basically grassing him up. They made up which meant that she dropped the issue with DCF (lets face it none of us would).

I would probably agree with this. I think the mother had to know something. No mother that genuinely cared about a child would accept an excuse like "I'm sending him to live with my parents" and not even call. Even if she did have personal problems, which I'm not sure if Dontrell's mother did, she would still try and call and keep in contact.

What a sad story. What a poor ending for Dontrell.

Anybody see the comments on BJS's profile pics?

I cant look at her page anymore. It makes me vomit. They are not able to financially support a middle child, so she believes he gave it to his parents. Yet, she has an Iphone, numerous tats, hella done nails, oh so classy self portraits, pricey clothing, hair done with highlights.

But she is a victim and completely innocent.

Her dad's page now has a pic of "Don Don" and laments his loss, he can never take him to the park to get a hot dog. 18 MONTHS this child vanished from all their lives. 18 MONTHS... and NO ONE questioned where he was, not at Christmas, not on his birthday.. never mind the day to day changes of a baby.. first steps... nothing.

I am soo sorry no one truly loved you lil man. RIP

And now I better sit on my hands or I'm surely going to get a TO.

I cant look at her page anymore. It makes me vomit. They are not able to financially support a middle child, so she believes he gave it to his parents. Yet, she has an Iphone, numerous tats, hella done nails, oh so classy self portraits, pricey clothing, hair done with highlights.

Her dad's page now has a pic of "Don Don" and laments his loss, he can never take him to the park to get a hot dog. 18 MONTHS this child vanished from all their lives. 18 MONTHS... and NO ONE questioned where he was, not at Christmas, not on his birthday.. never mind the day to day changes of a baby.. first steps... nothing.

ITA! Where the heck were all these people for the last 18 MONTHS? Why are they just now missing a baby that has not been seen for a year and a half? Excuse me if I don't find their words sincere now that the media is at their door.

ITA! Where the heck were all these people for the last 18 MONTHS? Why are they just now missing a baby that has not been seen for a year and a half? Excuse me if I don't find their words sincere now that the media is at their door.

Completely agree. Grandparents that don't question where Dontrell is even though the other children are around? Parents that obviously most likely had a hand in his disappearance/death? It's all phony to me that they care.

FWIW, I don't believe he had ever seen or met the baby. Who knows what kind of stories the "parents" concocted on why there were no pictures to share on facebook. Now, how they explained away the baby to people that they had regular, physical contact with is beyond me.

WOWZA at the comments on her pics now... wowza.

I'm sure the page will disappear soon but until then I can't bring myself to be anything but amused by the things being posted. I'm so sick of seeing this happen. I'm tired of babies dying violently while another parent stands by and accepts it. I'm tired of parents defending & protecting their adult children at the expense of their innocent grandchildren. In not sure there is any hope for the human race as long as this cycle keeps repeating itself.

Using your post as a springboard Gem2626.

Adding to the confusion, detectives said Sierra called police last October and complained she hadn't seen Dontrelle in a year and that Melvin wouldn't tell her where the child was. A police officer then called DCF, but police did not launch their own investigation. No reason has been given.

DCF officials said they did not follow up on the call because there was no allegation by the mom of abuse or neglect. The agency does not investigate custody disputes. The agency said "missing child" cases and potential criminal cases remain under the investigative authority of local law enforcement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/11/remains-found-missing-baby/1827927/

While it appears that DCF and LE might be pointing the fingers at each other, even if the disappearance was investigated in October, it still wouldn't have brought Dontrell home safely. At best, his remains would have been recovered 3 or so months ago.

ETA: Not that it excuses the parents behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage
Back