The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any theory on why she would go back for court then? Minorities actually tend to fair worse than white women in cases like this. Maybe not allowed to dye her hair?

I know it's different per state but in Cook County (Chicago) where I work...you are NOT allowed to wear makeup or dye hair. However, I've seen many a defendant use KoolAid to put in red streaks or create their own eyeliner with ink from a pen (both on the jail commissary list in Cook County Jail.) Their clothing is brought in by a friend or family member and they change before court in the holding cell in lockup.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I know it's different per state but in Cook County (Chicago) where I work...you are NOT allowed to wear makeup or dye hair. However, I've seen many a defendant use KoolAid to put in red streaks or create their own eyeliner with ink from a pen (both on the jail commissary list in Cook County Jail.) Their clothing is brought in by a friend or family member and they change before court in the holding cell in lockup.

i have seen someone use magic markers or wet colored pencils....stuff inmates can also get, depending on the jail.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

They sure do. Totally off topic... Will County (Drew Peterson's home for a couple of years) was stricter with makeup but NOT interacting between sexes. Unfortunately, I had to hear the oooohs and ahhhhs over which female inmate got an admiring comment from Drew during court transport. He was also housed in M pod, which was medical pod and thus coed...away from other inmates, but in a glass cell that allowed him a full view of the female TV area, so they could prance around for him. It sickened me, but putting him in another pod would have been tantamount to a death sentence (so richly deserved though).

Just saw KoolAid used on hair tips. It looked really good too. Wonder how it'd work on brown hair.

i have seen someone use magic markers or wet colored pencils....ehih inmates can also get, depending on the jail.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I will admit that I am far too connected to my eyeliner and
mascara but I can't honestly say I would think of using those things.
I remember reading earlier that she may have used white colored pencils
on her nails.

In regards to the hair making her look less threatening I disagree.
The photos that were taken and firmly tied to the murder are of her
with dark hair.

Any theory on why she would go back for court then? Minorities actually tend to fair worse than white women in cases like this. Maybe not allowed to dye her hair?
Yeah, I kinda doubt she has access to hair dye in jail and has to resort to growing out her natural color, but then so did Casey Anthony, and it didn't harm her to be a brunette in her trial...

I have seen so many posts of people saying "no way would he SIT in the SHOWER"

And why not?

My hubby has been doing that since I met him (13 years). He does it EVERY DAY without fail. He does it for different reasons; not feeling well, tired, enjoying the hot water, just a few examples.

But for everyone here to think that its just so crazy for him to sit on the shower floor - that to me is crazy thinking.

Why wouldnt he?? Especially if we are all thinking that at that time he was probably feeling shame in what he had just done with Jodi.... then him sitting in the shower makes perfect sense to me.

again, jmo

I just have never heard of such a thing. Why doesn't he just take a bath and soak in a hot tub? Way more comfortable and he can shower off after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over on the 48 hours website someone commented this about TA & JA:

"Poor guy - thank God his suffering is over. Hers will go on a long time, even if it's just the mental torment of not having access to makeup and men...."

I just can't get past hearing JA in 2 videos saying to Det. Flores that TA was saying "I can't feel my legs". I fear this was a little truth in her vast amount of lies. :(

It makes me wonder which wound did that.

It bother her so much she did the humane thing and cut his throat. jmo

Correct, not allowed to dye her hair while in jail. One way to tell what the natural color of a defendant's hair is!

:D

Over on the 48 hours website someone commented this about TA & JA:

"Poor guy - thank God his suffering is over. Hers will go on a long time, even if it's just the mental torment of not having access to makeup and men...."
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Also hope she took enough trips to last her a lifetime!

I have not gotten into the "which injury came first" debate but one question I wish someone would answer for me as I don't understand....what is the importance of the bullet passing through the brain or not? What am I missing? How does the path of that bullet impact the findings?

Thanks to anyone that can or will clarify this for me...I appreciate it!:seeya:

For me, a couple of reasons. It is hard for me to picture choosing a knife over a gun when he is working out and quite a bit bigger.

To me, the gun shows more premeditation.

The knife seems more of a spur of the moment attack which could be spun as a weapon that was in the home and she had to use it for self defense.

Don't worry. I do not believe self defense. I am just thinking in clueless jury mode

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Also hope she took enough trips to last her a lifetime!

Wasn't she trying for 1,000 places to see before dying? Too bad if she only saw about 12. Thou should not kill.

That forensic psych woman someone posted an interview with said that JA's motive was rage at being rejected after she had "done everything" to win TA's love. OK - yes - agree. And the psych woman said during the killing she went into a frenzy and really didn't think or plan much about what to do afterwards. So she's not that smart-! How could she really think she would get away with it? She really didn't think she would end up getting caught? What's up with that? arrogance? stupidity?

In response to number four...I appreciate your perspective, but respectfully, I'm a bit shocked that such a sweeping generalization would be made regarding women...I've been to all girl schools my whole life and work in a predominantly female area of the Cook County Courthouse. I have never experienced such. Then again, your mileage may vary, and all that.
MOO and all that jazz (hey, I'm from Chicago...gotta throw in some jazz.)

I thought women tended to be catty and whiney, at least in my experience, they had been..until I began working in a field with predominately men! Man can they whine and talk crap. Its not the fun gossipy kind either. IMO

not sure of why it came up but on in session I believe
Jean Cassaris said that Jodi was very frugal. It's possible
that she just did not spend much money on anything but
absolute essentials. She always seemed to have a room mate
or lived with a family member as well which cuts costs.

Still does not sound like she made enough to support this stuff but...

IMO it's called a parasitic lifestyle .... Tick another box on the psychopathy scale;)

I believe JAs story in regard to the "posing in the shower" situation. She said he had been working out and "looked great" for his trip to Cancun. She said she wanted to take pix of him in the shower. I can envision her convincing him of this, appealing to his vanity/ego. Thus, the pix of his back/waist, him with his arms folded in front of him (showing his arms), etc. The close up of his face, IMO, was the last one that was truly posed and intended, and I think she had him sit down and have the water hit his face b/c the water "looked cool" (that's what she told LE about it, anyway.)

I think something happened right at that point (after the face shot) and that's when the camera moved downward and captured his legs, sitting, in that last shot. The picture is not centered or framed in any way; I think it was a "mis-click" so to speak.

If you look at the whole series (where I think she is using the timer in some of the sequence, thus the 4-6 second increments IIRC), the pix seem focused a lot on his neck and back, and that creeps me out.

(Regarding the timer, when you put a camera like that on "continuous shoot", it will automatically take pictures in X second intervals, based on the X timing you set. To do that, you have to keep the "click button" pressed down. If you take a pic while it's set to continuous shoot but do not hold the click button down, it will just take a single shot.

She also said that Travis would not like to have his photo taken in the shower. So which one is to be believed from this pathological liar? One is a lie. I will go by the one that makes more sense based on her prior stalking behavior.

If he had been working out and looking great (which he did) then just being on the beach in CanCun in front of Mimi would show that. I cant believe that Travis would be going around to everyone telling them 'look at me in the shower.' Imo he did not want these photos taken. The entire shoots were done with the shower door closed except the last one where he is sitting on the floor. Why would she take a pic of Travis in that awkward postion and not even show his face? Something happened after he realized she was there stalking him once again.....invading his privacy of his home once again. In the next to the last shower photo is one where he finally sees his stalker and the one who was going to kill him just like he feared she would. He may have just slumped down in the bottom of the shower because he couldnt believe she had returned and felt such helplessness and despair.

I will never think any of these photos were posed. They werent any more posed than the ones she snapped of him naked on the bed far away. The one close up in the shower is the most haunting also the one where he has both hands clutching his chest as if he is praying for forgiveness and for God to help him out of the nightmare he found himself in.:( Imo she pretended she had left and he thought he could relax again but like always she sneaked in to spy on him once again.:furious:

I dont think Travis took one photo of her. She told Flores she took pics of herself all the time and deleted them. Imo, she took the gosh awful pics of her ugly body parts and when she is spread out on the bed using the remote or a timer.

Nah, she hadn't really moved on to Ryan, he was just her alibi. She didn't even visit him for 24 hours after driving all that way, and didn't date him after that. IF Travis had invited her to come over and that's a big if, of course she would've changed direction at the drop of a hat to visit him, but really that was the plan all along...
I don't even believe there was a friend in L.A./Pasadena with a new baby that she planned to visit.

She maintained contact and he believed her right up till she was arrested.

I agree with you, she used him for alibi ....but I have no doubts she would have latched onto him next and continued to use him, had she not been arrested. IMO

Using people is what she does best. IMO

What about the people who change genders? Are they catty as men or woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname