IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it does -- and it sounds like that person is alleging that his family has enough money to have bought off people. Pretty ugly rumor. I hate how nasty everything is getting and the things people are saying about each other. Yeah, the RSOs have committed serious crimes, but that doesn't make them murderers.

It is NOT CF they are discussing. I am searching threads on here because if I remember right, he has been discussed. The man has a park named after him in Waterloo.
http://newspaperarchive.com/waterloo-courier/1982-02-01/

Jessica's case was handled by different people. IMO, comparing how one group of LE handles one case to how a different group of LE handles a different case is equivocal and tells me nothing about what LE is thinking about the perp in this case. This quote from the Iowa DCI made before the girls' remains were found provides me with more information than a comparison of the two cases.

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...uction-case-email-address-set-up-to-take-tips

Yes and no.

Most LE these days, both local and overseas, have adopted the FBI's CARP (Child Abduction Response Plan). It is the world standard for missing children and has been adopted by most law enforcement globally.

Both Lyric and Jessica's cases were immediately escalated as At Risk and the FBI contacted.

We had a short period of time when Jessica had been found and LE were baffled and pleading with the public - they were clearly rattled and personally shaken and deeply concerned at what had happened.

We have not seen this urgency or shock even at a human level amongst LE representatives, indeed some of their comments have seemed almost flippant since the girls were found.

There is still too much we don't know about this case, but LE reaction is absolutely not consistent with peace keepers alarmed that a random and unknown child murderer is running around loose in their town, or even in their state.

This comment is revealing -

Whoever did this walks amongst us, and lives amongst us.

Seems to pretty much confirm they know the perp is a local resident...what else do they know that we don't?

:cow:

It is NOT CF they are discussing. I am searching threads on here because if I remember right, he has been discussed. The man has a park named after him in Waterloo.
http://newspaperarchive.com/waterloo-courier/1982-02-01/

The park is actually named after his father. Wow. Interesting. Anything is possible, but honestly, its not like he sneeks around anywhere. Everyone know who he is and you know when hes around. He's somewhat 'flamboyant'. He probably doesn't get to Evansdale often, and i sincerely doubt that he has ever even heard of seven bridges. And hes managed to stay out of prison since he was released. Don't get me wrong, he is a very odd duck...

Unless he had an accomplice to do his dirty work.

The park is actually named after his father. Wow. Interesting. Anything is possible, but honestly, its not like he sneeks around anywhere. Everyone know who he is and you know when hes around. He's somewhat 'flamboyant'. He probably doesn't get to Evansdale often, and i sincerely doubt that he has ever even heard of seven bridges. And hes managed to stay out of prison since he was released. Don't get me wrong, he is a very odd duck...

Thank you for the clarification on the park...

That would be my guess.

Bear in mind this is opinion only.

Also, compare to the Jessica Ridgeway case - LE warned the public very clearly that "we have a predator in our midst". There have been no such warnings here.

that was after Sigg's dna was matched to another case (after the remains were found)

that was after Sigg's dna was matched to another case (after the remains were found)

Precisely.

There may be no DNA recovered, which would be consistent with the level of planning in this crime. My opinion only.

Mike Wiser/Des Moines Bureau Updated: 25 January 2013
thegazette.com

A Republican state senator called for Statehouse public hearings on the death penalty during an emotional news conference Friday.
State Sen. Kent Sorenson, R-Milo, has championed the idea of reintroducing the death penalty in Iowa since the abduction and killing of Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, this summer.
Elizabeth’s parents joined Sorenson and parents of other missing and murdered children at a Capitol news conference where the senator outlined five pieces of legislation he plans to introduce this session.

Sorenson’s bills would:
  • Allow for the death penalty in certain cases.
  • Require the chemical castration of people who commit serious sex crimes.
  • Eliminate earned time in prison for serious sex offenses.
  • Require the electronic monitoring of sex offenders.
  • Notify hunters when a missing child is reported. <snipped>

Thanks for the clarification.

Do you mean flamboyant as code for gay, or just flamboyant in the general sense?

Yeah, it does -- and it sounds like that person is alleging that his family has enough money to have bought off people. Pretty ugly rumor. I hate how nasty everything is getting and the things people are saying about each other. Yeah, the RSOs have committed serious crimes, but that doesn't make them murderers.

You are correct. I realize I must not go there again. This is a delicate case and very complicated. There are rules that must be followed.

Jan 3, 2013

"Authorities will likely not release the cause of death or other details anytime soon in connection to the deaths of Evansdale cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8.

"The only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible,” Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register. “At least until somebody is arrested and we’re comfortable with that, that’s information we’ll keep confidential.”

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...n-into-evansdale-cousins-kidnapping-continues

Please allow me to clarify: it's my message #769 of today on page 31 to which emiusacska was referring.

Lack of information is leading to repeated sleuthing of local RSO's, but these guys were all examined and cleared in the early days.

I still do not believe this is a sexual crime, and Smock's (?) "we don't even have a gender" speech is enough to suggest that it is not.

Male/Female couples have abducted girls in the past, so for investigators to admit that they cannot yet identify the gender of the perp does not mean that it is not a sex crime.

He was involved with a 13 year old in 1981. He believed that the girl was older because she had history. He pleaded guilty in exchange for having drug charges dropped.

http://newspaperarchive.com/waterloo-courier/1981-12-07

Thanks for the clarification.

Do you mean flamboyant as code for gay, or just flamboyant in the general sense?

Flamboyant in the general sense. I don't THINK hes gay, but I can see how someone would easily think that. He always dresses to the nines, hair is jet black (nd hes in his 70s), goes to the major social functions in town, travels extensively and always has his picture take with famous people. Drives a vintage convertible. So you see, he would get noticed driving around Evansdale. And the people he knows probably would not do that sort of a favor for him.

But then again, we just had a well respected businessman admit to being a huge fraud, so I guess you just never know.

Male/Female couples have abducted girls in the past, so for investigators to admit that they cannot yet identify the gender of the perp does not mean that it is not a sex crime.

However, we know that IF they had DNA they would know whether the perp was male or female. They may not know WHO the DNA sample belongs to but forensics can tell by DNA whether or not it's male or female's (or both, if more than one DNA sample was recovered).

Now, they may just be playing dumb in the media too as to not set off their perp's to thinking they know ANYTHING...but I am not going to get my hopes up.

Very sad that LE hasn't been able to make an arrest already. It's clearly presenting itself to be a difficult case to prove. IMO

Maybe I'm missing something, but why else would someone abducted an 8 and 10 year old?? As sick as it sounds, what else would they do with them??? Is it really that common for a child to NOT be sexually assaulted when abducted?? Unless they were taken simply because the perp wanted to pass them off as their own, but since they turned up dead in the clothes they were taken in, we can probably rule that out.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why else would someone abducted an 8 and 10 year old?? As sick as it sounds, what else would they do with them??? Is it really that common for a child to NOT be sexually assaulted when abducted?? Unless they were taken simply because the perp wanted to pass them off as their own, but since they turned up dead in the clothes they were taken in, we can probably rule that out.

Trafficking. Perp only provided the merchandise. ?

We know that the girls' remains were found but I don't believe we know anything about the clothing. Ollipop passed along a rumor he heard about clothing being found, but I don't believe LE has confirmed that. The Collins have said that LE showed them Lizzy's shoes and Lyric's flip-flops and that the shoes and flip-flops were found with the girls.

:what: Well.... that was quite interesting! So much for kosher, huh? :what:
Seriously though, desperate times call for desperate measures :please:. I call the local sheriff's department when I suspect any kind of animal abuse. I would not hesitate to call APS for elderly abuse nor CPS for child abuse, so yeah, I would call HLS. Thank you chelsea6 for your local input and I hope for your sake and everyone's sake in your town and surrounding community this person or persons are put behind bars soon, if not already, and you have some answers. It's almost like you guys are in :jail: and the bad person is still free without knowing who killed the girls.

LOLOL about the "So much for Kosher, huh?" :floorlaugh:

Yes, I'm like you, too and I'm going to call them. I've done all kinds of searches to see if Homeland Security has been involved in any way before I call, and I don't see anything but FBI, police, etc. There must be some department they have to help. Oh, and yes it really does feel like we're in jail and the killer is loose.. NOT fair!! :jail: Thanks for your input Boots! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels