IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always wanted to see this movie, but last week I lost my horse, he was old and I knew the time was soon but it still hurt like heck.

I am so, so sorry, Cindersoot. Bless your heart for giving him such a good home right to the end. Many big, big hugs.

I tell ya what...every day I find some article that boggles my mind as to what the hell is the truth in this case.:banghead:

http://ankeny.patch.com/articles/da...e-missing-cousins-of-evansdale#photo-12504522

Note...this article is from Dec 9, 2012.

A Summer Bike Ride

The girls left Elizabeth’s house in Evansdale early on July 13 for a bike ride on the warm summer day. Neighbors saw a familiar sight as the girls pedaled by and headed over to Meyers Lake. It wasn’t until hours later, when the girls didn’t return, that concern grew. A full-scale search ensued after a firefighter discovered the girls’ bikes abandoned by the lake.

From this article it sounds like this was a common activity for the girls (to go to the lake)!! Yet, the family says they'd never go and likely didn't know the way.

And it also sounds like neighborS saw the girls pedal off.

But it could also mean that it's common to see the girls bike riding together.

How common would it be though if Lyric had only been going there for a week?

SBM
Authorities have received thousands of tips, and they are still searching the Seven Bridges woods for clues.

If they were still searching the woods for clues, does that mean they have no clear evidence at the immediate scene where the girls bodies were found? What makes them think they are going to find clues all over those woods?

I don't believe this person traipsed all over the woods at Seven Bridges. I think they got in and out as fast as possible to avoid any detection.

Could be the reporter exaggerated for the purpose of the article, but who knows.

Thank you for posting this. I always suspected that the girls rode around and ranged out alot more, including Meyers Lake, even though it was said they didn't and wouldn't. Several on here have told how we wandered around alot more in our youth than our parents ever thought we did. And most of us never came to any harm.

(Don't forget that Lyric apparently had lived with Elizabeth and her family some, prior to this week, so maybe they were seen around previously too)

I have a couple different theories as who is responsible for what has happened to these two young girls.
I have been going back over interviews, news articles, etc. and I just can't help but think now that the girls being abducted on Friday, July 13th may have very well been done to make it appear it was related to other things happening at the time. This would take the spotlight off of some and put it right on others.
Most of the people who have been questioned, interrogated, interviewed etc. have been able to provide, at the least, somewhat of a timeline as to where they were and what they were doing. However, there are two people who really as far as I'm concerned don't have an alibi and/or much of an excuse/story as to where they were and/or what they were doing. These two have been put on a pedestal (so to speak), while others have been raked across the coals.
To sum it up, some involved should "practice what they preach" and/or at least be consistent as to what their beliefs really are...

:rocker:

NWLady, your post above confuses me. Are the two people who you are referring to a set of parents or are there two family associates who you and seemingly several here suspect and of whom I am unaware?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

remember those parent rules? I am sure you all do. Please do not go there. :nurse: even if you try doing it in a roundabout manner.

I tell ya what...every day I find some article that boggles my mind as to what the hell is the truth in this case.:banghead:

http://ankeny.patch.com/articles/da...e-missing-cousins-of-evansdale#photo-12504522

A Summer Bike Ride

The girls left Elizabeth’s house in Evansdale early on July 13 for a bike ride on the warm summer day. Neighbors saw a familiar sight as the girls pedaled by and headed over to Meyers Lake. It wasn’t until hours later, when the girls didn’t return, that concern grew. A full-scale search ensued after a firefighter discovered the girls’ bikes abandoned by the lake.

From this article it sounds like this was a common activity for the girls (to go to the lake)!! Yet, the family says they'd never go and likely didn't know the way.

SBM
Authorities have received thousands of tips, and they are still searching the Seven Bridges woods for clues.

If they were still searching the woods for clues, does that mean they have no clear evidence at the immediate scene where the girls bodies were found? What makes them think they are going to find clues all over those woods?

I don't believe this person traipsed all over the woods at Seven Bridges. I think they got in and out as fast as possible to avoid any detection.

Could be the reporter exaggerated for the purpose of the article, but who knows.
They were still searching the park through that weekend. They were found on the 5th, so by Sunday, December 9, they were wrapping it up.

A Summer Bike Ride

SBM

If they were still searching the woods for clues, does that mean they have no clear evidence at the immediate scene where the girls bodies were found? What makes them think they are going to find cilues all over those woods?

Perhaps the perp let them out of the car and they ran for their lives as fast as they could before he finally caught up. I wouldn't be surprised if they found shells. My opinion only.

I have always wanted to see this movie, but last week I lost my horse, he was old and I knew the time was soon but it still hurt like heck.
So sorry about your loss hun. Yes i would wait if i were you to ever watch War Horse. I cried like a baby towards the end. :(

Chels, this is a super fab idea, not to mention a generous one!

If I were a local, I would ask people if they happen to have any friends who were questioned by LE; and, if so, did the friend mention any of the questions LE asked?

I'll certainly ask..good question!:seeya:

Want to make sure folks know I do NOT think the girl's parents were involved in any way with their deaths.

you know, it is shocking to me how all these criminals elude mistakes leading to capture....I mean, look at all the unsolved cases, the bodies not found....you would think in this day and age...I don't know, just discouraged I guess.

No, he has NOT been named as a suspect. And the Ramseys were publicly exonerated in 2008. Yet mods on both those boards have said they will allow discussion of the parents being the suspect. That's why I'm confused.

Umm...ok. I don't understand the rules either then. My understanding was that WS only allowed sleuthing of people who had been named suspects by LE, period.

I've read the rules more than once...but I agree, if this isn't going to be consistent across the entire platform, then I would like an explanation as well as to why it's ok on one thread but not another.

:waitasec:

Umm...ok. I don't understand the rules either then. My understanding was that WS only allowed sleuthing of people who had been named suspects by LE, period.

I've read the rules more than once...but I agree, if this isn't going to be consistent across the entire platform, then I would like an explanation as well as to why it's ok on one thread but not another.

:waitasec:

jumping off your post: some cases have modifications in the rules and those decisions are made by administration. This case has no such modifications. If anyone has a question please pm a moderator. This thread is not to discuss moderation it is about the girls. The rules are clearly laid out. If anyone has a question, again, please personal message a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa