Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked about the weather- Orange County, California - Monthly Average Maximum & Minimum Temperatures
Decedent was struck by 2 autos while crossing PCH in Huntington Beach.

Laguna Beach - 48.4 - 68.9
Newport Beach - 52.5 - 65.2
Santa Ana 51.2 - 72.7
Tustin-Irvine 47.7 - 72.9
Yorba Linda 46.4 - 73.9

Considering it was 1990, would they have said if it was a corduroy dress?

It specifies cotton. I'm wondering if they know exactly what came from Good will besides the shoes. I was trying to google the Goth fashion because I wondered if maybe some of the clothes were items she had back then. We were not a disposable society back then.

Andrea" also spent a night at the home of a mobile-home salesman who took pity on the homeless woman who had few articles of clothing and no money. The family fed her, gave her the back bedroom and gave her some money. "Andrea" apparently took the money and bought clothes at a Goodwill store, including a pair of shoes for $19.95. She was wearing the pink shoes with the price tags still on when she was struck on the highway by two cars.
Her parents, she claimed, were pretty well-known, but she didn't divulge who they were. She had been adopted at a very young age. She didn't have any type of identification. The salesman said the morning "Andrea" left his house, she cut off some of her hair and put it on her finger.

Many beaches on the east coast have black smooth stones that wash up on the shore. I used to carry one in my pocket as a kind of "worry stone."

I really wish we had a picture. When I read she carried a smooth black stone; I think just that; a black stone she picked either from home; like you said; what washes up on our beaches (does CA not have these stones?) or along the way. My daughter had a rubbermade box with stones; I may even have one in my lock box of stuff from the 80's & 90's.

We need to focus. We're close to almost identifying this person. I think they should possibly put this on the local news or states for any relatives.

The post was started 7 years ago- 01-14-2006. She only has 2 rule outs listed. Not sure how much of the post you've read in 4 days; but we're not sure if she's Montanaman's friend. Not sure we're any closer to ID'ing her

Susan Anne Swedell was 19 when she disappeared in 1983, 5ft 4, 100lbs with brown hair and eyes. I think her nose is too long though. Opinions, anyone?

Attachments

• Susan Anne Swedell.jpeg
    Susan Anne Swedell.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 71
Susan Anne Swedell was 19 when she disappeared in 1983, 5ft 4, 100lbs with brown hair and eyes. I think her nose is too long though. Opinions, anyone?

Cheeks look good, eyes and nose do not match IMO. So we found her nose on Theresa Fishborne and this girl has her cheeks, Maybe soon we will actually find her!

The black stone could be onyx or Jet, very common stones for collectors and crystal users. Not sure the stone could be very useful for identifing this girl.

mjak

Thanks mjak, it was an outside chance, I know.

I agree the stone is not likely to be of great help, but I do wonder about the motel key. I wish we could get a picture of it.

Have we tried various searches on adoption boards? If her adopted parents didn't list her missing, it's possible that some member of her birth family may have eventually posted something looking for her. Especially if she was adopted when she was "very young" that makes it sound like it wasn't immediately at birth, so perhaps her birth name was Andrea?

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Thanks mjak, it was an outside chance, I know.

I agree the stone is not likely to be of great help, but I do wonder about the motel key. I wish we could get a picture of it.

I think the motel key could have been very important. Unfortunatly, most hotels and motels have all switched over to key card systems now so not even sure how we would be able to track down the original origins of the key. For some reason I am very struck by this women and want to see her get her name back.

mjak

Her dress could also have been ankle length, I'm afraid. I am pretty sure it would have been a sleeveless pinafore style though, unless it was cold at that time of year in CA? Then maybe she would have worn a T-shirt under a long-sleeved dress?

Close to the beach would have been pretty cold even in April in Huntinton Beach; at least to the people who were born and raised here (we are wimps about cold weather). Maybe it's in the hi 50's or low 60's.

Others on the other hand, like people from Seattle or back east would probably not find it not cold at all. I have family that visit from the mid west and think the weather here is always warm and woderful , even in the winter.

Also girls would with stand cold weather if they thought they had a cute outfit on.

Though it sounds weird looking, it seems like she had put a lot of thought into her outfit for the evening.

Close to the beach would have been pretty cold even in April in Huntinton Beach; at least to the people who were born and raised here (we are wimps about cold weather). Maybe it's in the hi 50's or low 60's.

Others on the other hand, like people from Seattle or back east would probably not find it not cold at all. I have family that visit from the mid west and think the weather here is always warm and woderful , even in the winter.

Also girls would with stand cold weather if they thought they had a cute outfit on.

Though it sounds weird looking, it seems like she had put a lot of thought into her outfit for the evening.

I feel the cold but those temperatures seem warm enough to me that even I wouldn't wear a full sleeve T under a full sleeve dress, with a sweater on top. But we get some very cold weather here.

I totally agree with you about the outfit - it looks as though one of her last acts in life was buying shoes that matched her sweater. And maybe she bought the sweater too?

That looks a little ominous to me though, as though perhaps Andrea knew she wouldn't need that money for food or anything.

Does anyone think it might be worth trawling through posts looking for information our Andrea gave about herself, and info MontanaMan's Andrea gave? Then comparing it, to see if anything gels?

Sounds like the similarity was in the physical description more than anything. I've been meaning to ask MM, without trying to sound crass, did BigMouthed A have a huge, er chest? I mean, a 40D bra size on a petite woman, (she really doesn't weigh much for such a large bra size and her feet are tiny) would surely be quite a noticeable attribute.

Again, I don't want to sound crass, but it is sorta relevant!

Edited to add: I'm sure we've all searched for missing "Andreas" in missing person databases, but as MM pointed out, his friend pronounced her name "AWN-drea", are there alternate spellings to the name that are relatively common? Maybe it was her middle name? Or maybe it was her birth name but her birth parents changed it something else and she was trying to revert back to it?

Also, I find it interesting that NAMUS rule-outs are all in Virginia. It makes me think that the investigators must have thought she was probably telling the truth about where she was from.

I think the motel key could have been very important. Unfortunatly, most hotels and motels have all switched over to key card systems now so not even sure how we would be able to track down the original origins of the key. For some reason I am very struck by this women and want to see her get her name back.

I agree.
Is anyone willing to call to see if we can get photos?

Does anyone think it might be worth trawling through posts looking for information our Andrea gave about herself, and info MontanaMan's Andrea gave? Then comparing it, to see if anything gels?

Like a starting from scratch post?

Sounds like the similarity was in the physical description more than anything. I've been meaning to ask MM, without trying to sound crass, did BigMouthed A have a huge, er chest? I mean, a 40D bra size on a petite woman, (she really doesn't weigh much for such a large bra size and her feet are tiny) would surely be quite a noticeable attribute.

Again, I don't want to sound crass, but it is sorta relevant!

I think MM answered that maybe 4-5 posts ago.

Re: bra size 40D.

If Andrea bought that bra at the Goodwill store, size may not reflect her body very well. She may have picked more by color or trim.

Also, women often wear ill-fitting bras. Last season on What Not To Wear a woman came in wearing a 38B. The bra fit very poorly & contributed to the woman's overall, ah, need for What Not To Wear. The show arranged for a professional fitting and the woman left in a 32E, IIRC. Clothes look much better over an appropriate foundation garment, but Andrea's choices may have been limited.

Laughing

Re: bra size 40D.

If Andrea bought that bra at the Goodwill store, size may not reflect her body very well. She may have picked more by color or trim.

Also, women often wear ill-fitting bras. Last season on What Not To Wear a woman came in wearing a 38B. The bra fit very poorly & contributed to the woman's overall, ah, need for What Not To Wear. The show arranged for a professional fitting and the woman left in a 32E, IIRC. Clothes look much better over an appropriate foundation garment, but Andrea's choices may have been limited.

Laughing

I was just coming to post the same thing! LOL
I was googling for photos of someone with her heigh; weight & bra size when I came across a post on Porchlight

Interesting! IMHO, the UID likely was wearing the wrong bra size. Supposedly 75 percent of women are wearing the wrong size, and 5'4", 122 pounds does not strike me as the same body type to require a 40" band size (for those who don't already know, the numerical portion of a bra size is the measurement around the torso, the letter is the actual cup size.)

According to this height-weight chart, 122 pounds at 5'4" would classify a woman/girl as having a small build. I think her actual measurement would've been more like a 34" or possibly 36" even with a D cup. Let us know if you hear anything on the potential match!

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

I have such a narrow back I nearly always end up with something the wrong size in the back measurement. The cup size is more important though, and although a D cup on a slim to medium girl like Andrea doesn't necessarily mean she would have appeared top heavy, I think it is worth noting where the original info came from. Someone who has probably seen the bodies of many young women in death, has thought that Andrea's chest size was large enough to be worth noting, in hopes of someone recognising her. So I'm reasoning it must have been pretty noticeable.

Edited to add: I'm sure we've all searched for missing "Andreas" in missing person databases, but as MM pointed out, his friend pronounced her name "AWN-drea", are there alternate spellings to the name that are relatively common? Maybe it was her middle name? Or maybe it was her birth name but her birth parents changed it something else and she was trying to revert back to it?

I have a pretty complete list of all of the missing persons listed in Charley, DoeNet, NAMPN, and NamUs, and I am able to screen it for females missing on or before 01-Apr-1990 whose names end with "drea" or "dria" (and whose name isn't Alexandria). That gives me a complete list of the different spellings (either Andrea, Andria, Aundria).

I came up with six names, most of which have already been discussed here:

None of them even come close in terms of resemblance to this Jane Doe.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/coyle_andrea.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_andrea.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bailey_andria.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/allen_andrea.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowman_aundria.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/durham_andrea.html

I feel the cold but those temperatures seem warm enough to me that even I wouldn't wear a full sleeve T under a full sleeve dress, with a sweater on top. But we get some very cold weather here.

I totally agree with you about the outfit - it looks as though one of her last acts in life was buying shoes that matched her sweater. And maybe she bought the sweater too?

That looks a little ominous to me though, as though perhaps Andrea knew she wouldn't need that money for food or anything.

This whole case seems ominous to me, she made herself a mourning ring with her own hair the day/day before she died.

This whole case seems ominous to me, she made herself a mourning ring with her own hair the day/day before she died.

Can you explain more about mourning rings? I'm not familiar with these, and this may be a crucial clue.

Can you explain more about mourning rings? I'm not familiar with these, and this may be a crucial clue.

Well the main theory is that the rings made of human hair are the hair of a dead person that you are mourning.

Post #19 and #20 talk about it and how this could have been suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member