GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a poster in the other thread talking about registration at her college. I don't buy that excuse either as a reason to come home. Even though it seems like she would have come back in time, even if she did not, all schools have late registration.

Surely the fee for late registration (what, $50? $100) would be much less than the airline change fee...

Maybe she came home early since she missed her kids; still, she seems frugal w money and I am sure it must have cost AT LEAST $250 to change her ticket, probably alot more in fact. It does not seem like she would have had the extra $250-500(maybe even $1000 since you have to pay change fee as well as differnce) to change just because she missed her kids...it was only 4 days early so would 4 days really be worth probably a weeks pay?

Like Toutca, I don't go with this theory. If there were people like that in Istanbul, they would only need to go to certain areas where prostitutes walk the streets at night, they would be far easier targets :(

Ammer isn't a Turkish name that I am aware of.

I'm 90% sure it's an Arabic name

They literally couldn't afford to get her body home. Her body, her brother and her husband were in Turkey and they didn't have enough money to fly their wife/sister's body back to their home. What were they supposed to do? Sometimes you find yourself in a situation in which you cannot afford the luxury of sitting in place and dealing with your feelings. They are in a foreign country with zero emotional support and a body in a morgue. They did the most expedient thing possible to help get their loved one home to rest in peace. Thankfully the airline stepped in to help with that. I can imagine them feeling lost, alone, heartbroken and also pretty stuck.

I also admire that they sold something special, something particular to Sarai - they didn't ask for donations, set up a paypal account and hope for the best. I think it must have been painful but very apt as both a way to get her home as well as a tribute to her.

thankyou, Ami, for that. That is the truth. SS family is SO appreciative of everyones support and contributions. I messaged her sister and she said it herself. On behalf of her and her family, they want to thank everyone from the bottom of their hearts for the support

I don't think it was a planned attack.I would think with a planned attack it would be much easier to kill somebody with a knife or gun or some other weapon,but it looks like the perp just took a rock that was laying around in the area and killed her.Not saying this is what happened but just what I think probably happened.
I think she either met someone there whos advances she rejected or she stumbled upon some drunks.

Ah, Cmac2, you just haven't met a man like me!! Give me 2 hours, 2 hours I tell you, and my sweet talk would have you leaving everything to ride off into the sunset with me! The sunset I tell you!! :crazy:

EXCEPT for you, I meant! Your skills not withstanding!

I don't think it was a planned attack.I would think with a planned attack it would be much easier to kill somebody with a knife or gun or some other weapon,but it looks like the perp just took a rock that was laying around in the area and killed her.Not saying this is what happened but just what I think probably happened.
I think she either met someone there whos advances she rejected or she stumbled upon some drunks.

Agreed. IF the attack was planned, it wouldn't have been done in such a sloppy manner, leaving so much evidence behind.

I'm 90% sure it's an Arabic name

Wow, ThinkHard, as usual you are CORRECT:

Ammer \a(m)-

mer\ as a boy's name is a variant of Ammar (Arabic), and the meaning of Ammer is "prosperous long life".

LINK

I wonder what Amsterdam Ammer's background is and if there is a link to Turkey? Probably doesn't mean anything, but interesting...

According to Fox, Taylan has told LE in Turkey during questioning that he did have sex with SS prior to her vanishing on 1/21.

FoxNews, thankfully, is not referrencing the earlier New York article as its source, but is instead referencing a "source close to the investigation".

IF true, we can pretty well assume that the semen (allegedly) found on SS' body does, in fact, belong to Taylan. Either he assaulted her and is claiming "consensual sex" as a means to cover up the rape, or they had an affair. Personally, I don't trust him in any capacity.

SS' friend is quoted as saying it is not like her to have run off with another man and says she doesn't believe anything Taylan says.

FWIW

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...aims-had-affair-with-murdered-new-york-woman/

The 'sexual affair' has now reached Fox News (eta: jinx, CMac2!):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man held in Turkey claims he had affair with murdered New York woman

.....But Sierra's best friend, Magdalena Rodriguez, told FoxNews.com she doesn't believe the man's claim.

"We know Sarai. We know she didn't run off with anybody," said Rodriguez, who originally planned to accompany Sierra on her solo vacation to Istanbul.

"She would have told me. She would have said something," said Rodriguez, who claims she was in constant contact with Sierra during the trip.

"I don't believe what he [Taylan] says for one second," she said, adding, "Sarai wouldn't willingly and knowingly involve herself with people who did not have her best interest at heart."....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...r-with-murdered-new-york-woman/#ixzz2K9EermID

The 'sexual affair' has now reached Fox News (eta: jinx, CMac2!):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man held in Turkey claims he had affair with murdered New York woman

.....But Sierra's best friend, Magdalena Rodriguez, told FoxNews.com she doesn't believe the man's claim.

"We know Sarai. We know she didn't run off with anybody," said Rodriguez, who originally planned to accompany Sierra on her solo vacation to Istanbul.

"She would have told me. She would have said something," said Rodriguez, who claims she was in constant contact with Sierra during the trip.

"I don't believe what he [Taylan] says for one second," she said, adding, "Sarai wouldn't willingly and knowingly involve herself with people who did not have her best interest at heart."....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...r-with-murdered-new-york-woman/#ixzz2K9EermID

Keeping with the idea of having an open mind, IF there was an affair (and I am not saying I'm convinced there was), that COULD explain what a lot of us felt was a rather abrupt/not-so-friendly email exchange between SS' husband and Taylan when she first went missing.

That said, regardless of their relationship, she did not deserve to be murdered. So whether they had a thing or not is of no consequence to me, and Taylan is still my own #1 suspect.

Sorry to say this again but I'm still really stuck on this shoe thing. I believe in the surveillance she was mostly wearing boots. I doubt she would wear shoes that could fall of easily, because it was winter and it was cold, and she would have been walking a lot.

Assuming she wasnt wearing shoes that could have fallen off easily...and it was reported her pants were next to hear body. Then in order to get her pants off her shoes would have had to be taken off. But I haven't heard any mention of her shoes being found at the crime scene, or if they were where they were located.

But let's just explore a theory for a second....I don't mean to offend anyone, nor assume too much about Sarai, just trying to look at this case from many different angles.

What if Taylan and Sarai had gotten very close even before she came to Turkey. What if there relationship was very flirty. What if because of the supposed issues in her marriage, Taylan had become the person she confided her deepest feelings in, even feelings she didn't share with her best friend back home. What if she felt her world back home was too interconnected and she couldn't be honest with everyone and she was just trying to be strong for her boys. So lets just assume for a moment there is some truth to this. As they get closer he starts saying he wants h to come to turkey and she wants to meet him too. The idea starts small, but grows bigger. He suggests many reasons she could come, and tha she could even explore her love for photography in Istanbul.

So suppose she comes to Istanbul and she meets with Taylan and its flirtatious and fun and amazing (she has been with the same person since high school, so someone new showing her all this attention is heaven). He sweet talks her, he even tells her he loves her, Turkish men are notorious sweet talkers, and they like to use the love word early. Maybe they have even made out a little.

But during this time, she starts to miss her husband because she realizes their bond is so much more important to her, and she becomes homesick. She doesn't tell this to Taylan.

What if they were there together at that spot, taking pictures, being very private. What if the even started fooling around. And in this she stops him and says there is something I have to tel you...perhaps he has been nothing but sweet to her up to this point. She tells him she is leaving that day, he starts convincing her she should stay, they can go anywhere together, he will take care of her. She keeps shaking her head no.

His sweetest starts to turn to anger, she sense it, she tries to walk away, he grabs her, she pulls back the whole thing escalates very violently, winding up with her pinned down and him grabbing the nearest thing to him, a rock. He goes into a rage.

When he stops he realizes what he has done. He's smart so he knows he has to conceal the body. Maybe he takes the jacket because his own blood got on it. Perhaps her shoes had already been off because they had been intimate. Perhaps her feet just hurt and they were sitting on the blanket chatting and she took them off.

After he conceals the body he takes the iPad and cell phone to erase the fact they were planning to meet, or any conversation that insinuated they were more then friends. He has no interest in her jewelry. But he takes her back pack to carry the electronics in. Maybe he took her shoes to hide finger prints, he might have been able to put them in the backpack.

I'm not saying this is what happens just one of the many many theories we have all had.

If this is not the story or something similar with another online friend...my best guess would be that the whole crime scene was staged to look like it took place there.

Agreed. IF the attack was planned, it wouldn't have been done in such a sloppy manner, leaving so much evidence behind.

Unless they were just trying to make it look random, and frame someone else.

What if Taylan was part of some criminal group who sought out Sarai....maybe he wasnt just the bait but also the scapegoat. Maybe his superiors thought he did something sloppy that could lead the investigators in the right direction, and they want to make sue that direction stops with tayan.

Sorry to say this again but I'm still really stuck on this shoe thing. I believe in the surveillance she was mostly wearing boots. I doubt she would wear shoes that could fall of easily, because it was winter and it was cold, and she would have been walking a lot.

Assuming she wasnt wearing shoes that could have fallen off easily...and it was reported her pants were next to hear body. Then in order to get her pants off her shoes would have had to be taken off. But I haven't heard any mention of her shoes being found at the crime scene, or if they were where they were located.

But let's just explore a theory for a second....I don't mean to offend anyone, nor assume too much about Sarai, just trying to look at this case from many different angles.

What if Taylan and Sarai had gotten very close even before she came to Turkey. What if there relationship was very flirty. What if because of the supposed issues in her marriage, Taylan had become the person she confided her deepest feelings in, even feelings she didn't share with her best friend back home. What if she felt her world back home was too interconnected and she couldn't be honest with everyone and she was just trying to be strong for her boys. So lets just assume for a moment there is some truth to this. As they get closer he starts saying he wants h to come to turkey and she wants to meet him too. The idea starts small, but grows bigger. He suggests many reasons she could come, and tha she could even explore her love for photography in Istanbul.

So suppose she comes to Istanbul and she meets with Taylan and its flirtatious and fun and amazing (she has been with the same person since high school, so someone new showing her all this attention is heaven). He sweet talks her, he even tells her he loves her, Turkish men are notorious sweet talkers, and they like to use the love word early. Maybe they have even made out a little.

But during this time, she starts to miss her husband because she realizes their bond is so much more important to her, and she becomes homesick. She doesn't tell this to Taylan.

What if they were there together at that spot, taking pictures, being very private. What if the even started fooling around. And in this she stops him and says there is something I have to tel you...perhaps he has been nothing but sweet to her up to this point. She tells him she is leaving that day, he starts convincing her she should stay, they can go anywhere together, he will take care of her. She keeps shaking her head no.

His sweetest starts to turn to anger, she sense it, she tries to walk away, he grabs her, she pulls back the whole thing escalates very violently, winding up with her pinned down and him grabbing the nearest thing to him, a rock. He goes into a rage.

When he stops he realizes what he has done. He's smart so he knows he has to conceal the body. Maybe he takes the jacket because his own blood got on it. Perhaps her shoes had already been off because they had been intimate. Perhaps her feet just hurt and they were sitting on the blanket chatting and she took them off.

After he conceals the body he takes the iPad and cell phone to erase the fact they were planning to meet, or any conversation that insinuated they were more then friends. He has no interest in her jewelry. But he takes her back pack to carry the electronics in. Maybe he took her shoes to hide finger prints, he might have been able to put them in the backpack.

I'm not saying this is what happens just one of the many many theories we have all had.

If this is not the story or something similar with another online friend...my best guess would be that the whole crime scene was staged to look like it took place there.

Makes a lot of sense. It's as viable a theory (even moreso) as anything else I've seen. Might also give yet another reason she decided to end her trip early. If things were starting to get closer than she was comfortable with, or if she was beginning to realize just how much she really missed her husband, she may have moved up her flight. If that's the case, she wouldn't have wanted to blast that reason to all of her internet friends.

Great theory, regardless!

The FoxNews "Taylan said they were lovers and he had sex with SS Jan. 20 in a nightclub" story is NOT from the NY Post.

It was from the disreputable Turkish press this morning before the NY Post article ran. (See way upthread)

I'm not sure if FoxNews running it means we can consider it as semi-confirmed?

This morning the consensus of many WebSleuth-ers was that IF Taylan indeed said this to LE when he gave his blood/sperm sample, it's fairly damning. It's doubtful they had sex in a nightclub, and sounds much like a perp trying to explain away his sperm/DNA on a body. FWIW

I'm curious to know why all reports up until today says SS's friend, who canceled her trip, bailed out at the last minute, when today's NYP report says her friend alerted SS early on that she couldn't go.

"The friend, Maggie Rodriguez, told The Post that Sierra began planning the trip “a few months ago” and that she alerted Sierra early on that she couldn’t afford to go with her. "

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/turkey_ma_shady_pals_fufaVJvDX6chDrmhlmYZyL

Wow, ThinkHard, as usual you are CORRECT:

LINK

I wonder what Amsterdam Ammer's background is and if there is a link to Turkey? Probably doesn't mean anything, but interesting...

He could have a link to Turkey, but its also possible he's not really a fan of Turkish people and why he made the statement about people there being sketchy. Arabs and Turks don't always like each other.

There was a poster in the other thread talking about registration at her college. I don't buy that excuse either as a reason to come home. Even though it seems like she would have come back in time, even if she did not, all schools have late registration.

Surely the fee for late registration (what, $50? $100) would be much less than the airline change fee...

Maybe she came home early since she missed her kids; still, she seems frugal w money and I am sure it must have cost AT LEAST $250 to change her ticket, probably alot more in fact. It does not seem like she would have had the extra $250-500(maybe even $1000 since you have to pay change fee as well as differnce) to change just because she missed her kids...it was only 4 days early so would 4 days really be worth probably a weeks pay?

I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but my point was that if there was an issue with school (at this point, likely with her bill) than she would be de-registered if not taken care of in person by a certain date. I know it sounds silly or trivial but it is not like you can waltz over there and say I want to register for such and such class at this time and call it a day. There are only so many slots in a class. Being de-registered is awful. It is almost impossible to get those classes back and usually all of your classes are strategically picked due to schedule. It could delay graduation by a semester or full year if it is a class since the classes you take are normally prerequisites to the next ones.

I also stated that I think she just wanted to come home and this was an easy reason to justify it. 3 weeks away, especially alone, is a long time. I thought I read that she hadn't been out of the country. Maybe she was just done.

I personally don't think why she was cutting short is relevant to her murder. It is completely irrelevant if this was random. If it was not, I don't think the end would have been different, except perhaps delayed a few days. If she said no on the 21st., she wasn't going to say yes on the 22nd.

If she was frightened in some way and decided to come, she wouldn't have made plans with the person she was afraid of.

My only reservation in the whole 'Taylan did it' scenario is that I see strangulation as more of a possibility than hitting her in the head - and hitting her repeatedly. Of course, he could have tried that but she fought back too hard. Even in cases of rape by a stranger where the victim is killed, strangulation is usually what happens (I have nothing to back this up but it seems this way - I'm sure somewhere there is a statistic that would answer this question).

Which leads me back to other possibilities to consider in addition to Taylan. I don't believe LE would just round up 21 people (or whatever the latest number is) and take DNA samples. I believe they have a reason to think that more than one person may be responsible.

ThinkHard, you write very vividly and your theory is very plausible.

The one element that puzzles me is WHERE did SS meet up with her assailant if it was a pal/romance of hers?

It defies belief that she would meet him only way up within the walls (unless she had been there before). If Taylan or another fellow IM'ed her or skyped her in some way we don't yet know about, how did she know where to rendezvous with him? Walking all the way almost there alone...just seems somewhat odd.

Your writing is so convincing that you ought to think about writing a novel, maybe Fifty Shades of Grey pt. iv...the lost Istanbul chapters...

To me it is not more important what she said on IG rather than MSM. Not at all. People regularly make the (wise) decision not to put all their personal business out there on social networking sites. IF she chose to cut her trip short for other, more personal reasons, she would have been under no obligation to share those reasons with the entire world on IG.

Neither IG nor MSM are known for containing the Gospel truth. Therefore, all of it are theories and speculation. We have no idea why she cut her trip short- we go with the scenario that makes the most sense to us.

If you prefer to take her words on IG as 100% solid truth, that's FINE- and you're free to form your opinions/thoughts/theories around what you read on that particular site. But your theory isn't any more or less a valid theory than mine is.

I think the MSM got their information from her IG account as well, and misquoted it.

Also, it's the simplest explanation. Why would she make up a convoluted lie about college affairs to come home early? No one even asked. She was telling this to a group of people who barely knew she had even gone to Istanbul and required no explanation for her travel dates. In any case she could far more easily have said, "love Turkey, miss my boys, coming home a few days early". She didn't have to make up some mythical college story as a decoy. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm curious to know why all reports up until today says SS's friend, who canceled her trip, bailed out at the last minute, when today's NYP reports says her friend alerted SS early on that she couldn't go.

"The friend, Maggie Rodriguez, told The Post that Sierra began planning the trip “a few months ago” and that she alerted Sierra early on that she couldn’t afford to go with her. "

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/turkey_ma_shady_pals_fufaVJvDX6chDrmhlmYZyL

The early MSM got tons of things wrong. I think it was more exciting to them to suggest that her friend almost, but not quite, saved her life by being there.

The friend has been quite open about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny