Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know. My point was about how much the jury has heard. We have heard all about the tire slashing, but through objections and sidebars, how much has the jury been allowed to hear.

The tire slashing has been sneaked in there by the prosecution several times in front of the jury. For example, in one of the taped calls between Jodi and Flores, Jodi tells him about the slashed tires and suggested that whoever did it may have been responsible for the murder.

Yes, I know. My point was about how much the jury has heard. We have heard all about the tire slashing, but through objections and sidebars, how much has the jury been allowed to hear.

Jury knows nothing about tire slashing, nothing about second gun and knives when arrested. And while stalking has been alluded to.... Nothing definitive yet. I do believe Jodi opened that door with her comments on the stand last week about the psycho things she did according to Travis. Now Juan can ask her to elaborate on those .....then in rebuttal impeach whatever bull crap she says with actual witnesses and emails Travis sent her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Travis was laying face up on the bathroom floor i cannot picture where JA would have been standing in order to shoot him consistent with the bullet path.

Why is there an assumption that he was shot while lying face up on the bathroom floor?

Actually that makes perfect sense. When she is dragging him back and sounds are emanating from the body she thinks he is still alive so she gets the gun. The trajectory works perfect I think.

I think the GSW to the head was done in rage and spite. One last "FU".

With the way she likes to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk, I also think she was talking and taunting him the whole time she was torturing and murdering him. :(

Why is there an assumption that he was shot while lying face up on the bathroom floor?

Agreed. She could have shot him in the hallway. Stopped dragging a few seconds to shoot.

For what it is worth I am not an ME. But I do have a pretty good working knowledge of the human body. Loss of consciousness is immediate when the cerebral cortex (sides of the head) is compromised. Not necessarily so when the frontal lobe is compromised. The base of the heart is actually at the top, the apex of the heart is near nipple line(for purposes of this post). The oblique (angled) stab wound to the superior vena cava is not a spouting wound like an artery would be. It caused some bleeding into the sac surrounding the heart (pericardium) which would affect the hearts ability to pump effectively. IMO, the cause for the largest amount of blood loss was from the jugular vein and carotid artery. Arteries spurt blood with every heart beat. As I mentioned in a previous post, without immediate intervention, complete blood loss would occur within 90-180 seconds. As the ME noted, there was a lack of hemorrhage in the frontal lobe. There could be varying reasons for that, but he had to draw a conclusion based on experience and knowledge of the human body. The amount of decomp unfortunately made things less clear in the debate over shot first or last. Had Travis only sustained the GSW, he in all likelihood would have survived. IMO

Agreed. She could have shot him in the hallway. Stopped dragging a few seconds to shoot.

I think the face up part is what's being questioned.

The casing in the bathroom confirms to me the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

susan's husband had a big coke habit and her story of abuse was far more believable (not to me, but to some) than jodi's----HOWEVER, susan's husband wasn't abusing her the night she killed him. she lured him into a little sex play and after tying him to the bed, she went to town on him.

on appeal (she got a new sentencing part---not the whole trial), she was just as bad a witness as the first time. she's a horrible actress. and her sentence was pretty much unchanged since she'd already served a few years before being re-sentenced to 20 years.

she was also a wife, and had children. jodi was just a psycho GF---more dangerous, IMO.

And during the new sentencing phase they had the ex-fiance who testified that Susan's husband beat her up. Misty (ex-fiance). She was somewhat of a mess on the stand, but I believe she showed there was a pattern of abuse by abusing women in his past.

We've yet to hear of anyone that Travis abused anyone, let alone Jodi.

Here's some soundbites from Misty's testimony if anyone is interested:

[video=youtube;KXuoCJppqL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXuoCJppqL4[/video]

We're talking apples and oranges in both cases - one case showed abuse, this one doesn't. Though both don't raise the standard of death in self-defense (IMHO).

MOO

Mel

I also wanted to add that I think the blood at the sink, and the spray pattern, was not from blood in the sinuses from the GSW. (I'm in the group who thinks the GSW was last.)

What makes most sense to me physiologically is that the sink blood was coughed up from the puncture/s to his lung sustained in the chest stab to the heart. His left lung would have rapidly filled with blood. He was stabbed multiple times, front and back, so both lungs would have been filling with blood, and refluxing up his airway. Your airway reflexes are the strongest reflexes in your body-- he was trying to clear his airway and breathe when he left the blood evidence at the sink. He also clearly still had the strength to stand at that point.

My only issue with the knife is that I am not convinced she brought it with her. I don't think it's been brought in front of the jury that she carried a knife around all the time. I know there isn't evidence of a knife missing from TA's house, but if a knife went missing at my house, I would probably be the only one to notice. I have a block of knives on the counter that a missing knife would probably be noticed, but I also have a drawer with some assorted larger knives. If one went missing, I think I am the only one who would know. My husband would have no clue. I'm just thinking out loud here... :waitasec:

She had a knife to slash tires. Also, if she went downstairs to get one of Travis' knives, then that throws self defense out the window, as she could've left the house instead of picking up a knife and returning to inflict more wounds.

And during the new sentencing phase they had the ex-fiance who testified that Susan's husband beat her up. Misty (ex-fiance). She was somewhat of a mess on the stand, but I believe she showed there was a pattern of abuse by abusing women in his past.

We've yet to hear of anyone that Travis abused anyone, let alone Jodi.

Here's some soundbites from Misty's testimony if anyone is interested:

Susan Wright Trial: IN SESSION's Christi Paul & Matt Semino Discuss (Part 3, 11-23-11) - YouTube

We're talking apples and oranges in both cases - one case showed abuse, this one doesn't. Though both don't raise the standard of death in self-defense (IMHO).

MOO

Mel

Susan Wright told conflicting stories. One to her DV expert where
she claimed that she started stabbing Jeff in his sleep. On the stand, she told another story that could not be reconciled with the other one. Because of this, the DV expert wasn't called to the stand and this resulted in the new sentencing trial. I recall testimony from the trial about Susan being very jealous. Even abused women can get jealous and kill out of jealousy.

For what it is worth I am not an ME. But I do have a pretty good working knowledge of the human body. Loss of consciousness is immediate when the cerebral cortex (sides of the head) is compromised. Not necessarily so when the frontal lobe is compromised. The base of the heart is actually at the top, the apex of the heart is near nipple line(for purposes of this post). The oblique (angled) stab wound to the superior vena cava is not a spouting wound like an artery would be. It caused some bleeding into the sac surrounding the heart (pericardium) which would affect the hearts ability to pump effectively. IMO, the cause for the largest amount of blood loss was from the jugular vein and carotid artery. Arteries spurt blood with every heart beat. As I mentioned in a previous post, without immediate intervention, complete blood loss would occur within 90-180 seconds. As the ME noted, there was a lack of hemorrhage in the frontal lobe. There could be varying reasons for that, but he had to draw a conclusion based on experience and knowledge of the human body. The amount of decomp unfortunately made things less clear in the debate over shot first or last. Had Travis only sustained the GSW, he in all likelihood would have survived. IMO

And for all we know, another renowned M.E. might have a strong opinion the lack of hemorrhage was possibly due to this being "almost" a graze wound. That bullet, passed through the face sideways, and basically grazed along the inside of the skull, touching the right front lobe with minimal damage, exiting quickly under the eye.. A few milometers more superficial it would not have passed through the brain, it would skate over the surface of his face.

I wish we could get Dr. G. or another M.E. to verify themselves.

(and I am not an M.E. either. I'm a Private Investigator, EKG Tech, Lab Tech, Phlebotomist) not verified because I don't know what that is, and its still only my opinion

I also wanted to add that I think the blood at the sink, and the spray pattern, was not from blood in the sinuses from the GSW. (I'm in the group who thinks the GSW was last.)

What makes most sense to me physiologically is that the sink blood was coughed up from the puncture/s to his lung sustained in the chest stab to the heart. His left lung would have rapidly filled with blood. He was stabbed multiple times, front and back, so both lungs would have been filling with blood, and refluxing up his airway. Your airway reflexes are the strongest reflexes in your body-- he was trying to clear his airway and breathe when he left the blood evidence at the sink. He also clearly still had the strength to stand at that point.

Remember, the stab wounds to the back were shallow, an average of one inch deep.

The blood spatter expert also testified that the blood pattern at the sink could have been caused by forceful, thrusting stabs to his body while he was standing at the sink.

I just get a bit more of a feeling we shy away from gunshot first as it muddies up the prosecution. Which I don't agree with. I think they are good to go to the lethal injection room with any sequence they want. My gut feeling. I don't think the Defense is playing well to the Jury.

This is a rage killing, an over kill. I don't see a shred of evidence of self defense.

hi, can someone please explain the circumstances of JM's objection to the forwarded email, where he questioned JA, i'm totally lost, but i loved getting a preview of JM cross examination, how refreshing to get a change of pace, i love how JM cadence is quick and concise, requiring a simple yes or no answer, he finishes his questions with "right?" please explain what happened i dont understand this voir dire and what he was objecting to,, thanks

I really like Dr. G but I don't like how that last case went for her. But heck, look what little they had to work with and this case has so much more when you think of it. (thank god)

Just goes to show that reasonable people can interpret the same testimony in two different ways.

I agree that he said he couldnt determine the path because of decomp, but I took his testimony to mean there were other things he couldn't determine with certainty as well.

:seeya:Minor4th

Given the potential for Travis Alexander's body to have been discovered as early as the day after his murder if Gus Searcy had called the Mesa PD to request a welfare check I can't help but wonder how recovering his body, preserving the crime scene and performing the autopsy could/would have impacted the ME's findings/testimony and LE with respect to this particular issue (brain decomp).

This may have been posted already, but has unit been discussed that Travis may have fallen asleep after the sex, Arias made like she was leaving but went and hid instead. He woke up, went to take a shower and boom......she pops out of the linen closet or wherever (maybe she hid in his clothes closet, since some of the photos look like they could have been taken from the left of the shower.....where the closet is).

Whatever the case, this whole thing has me a bit troubled. I could NOT. EVER. be a crime scene investigator. I thought maybe I could, but this case has me lying awake at night and sometimes weirded out about the bathroom, lol.

I think the GSW to the head was done in rage and spite. One last "FU".

With the way she likes to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk, I also think she was talking and taunting him the whole time she was torturing and murdering him. :(

Ugh. I hate to think of it but I totally agree with you. I felt the same - that she was going on and on about how he wronged her. She probably sat there and taunted him after he was dead too. Everyone knows she can talk someone to death. Likely didn't even need the gun, or the knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280