CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worth noting that the latest reblog, 3 days ago, was taken from a blog that seems to belong to a friend of Elisa. So it’s even more likely this is Elisa’s Tumblr.

I’m still puzzled by the posting schedule of the queue, however. If you track down her other blog through her about me stuff (a more fashion-focused one), that blog has auto-populated with a more expected queue schedule. Her friend blogged this particular post in December, so it’s possible Elisa dropped it into her queue and put a random indeterminate future date on it because she wanted to add some thoughts or comments or even just save a book rec (I have done this on occasion, rather than saving to drafts.) Or maybe 3 days ago was a date that held special significance for her.

Reading her posts is haunting. I really feel like I could have been buddies with her. :(

Wow I am way behind on this thread! Going to go back and try to catch up.....but I'm begging to know who on earth is posting these crazy videos and how are they related to Elisa? Creepy creepy creepy!

Big welcome to all the great new WSers!

I watched the video once, wish I had watched it again. What I remember is he had bandages on his inner upper arm. He took the camera over to the window and panned outside and said this is what downtown LA looks and sounds like. Then he let out a weird noise and made a comment about how he wondered if that noise was starting to freak people out. And then it ended.

Made me wonder if a noise like that could have drawn Elisa out of the elevator to investigate?

He also said something like I have to leave here tomorrow or I have to get out of here tomorrow...mean the cecil hotel where it was taped.

IIRC the comment said the clip had been made and posted February 6th.

i removed my post.....

i'm like :eek:

video now private whiskey tango foxtrot!

c r e e p i e s t - t h i n g - i - s a w - t o d a y

What was it? I'm having a hard time connecting the dots around here right now. Videos and profiles and wild theories, oh my! What the heck is going on in this thread right now?

Today I was in an elevator and I took off my glasses to see what it would be like. I couldn't read any of the buttons unless I stood right up to it like she did in the video. So that part of the video where she leans in makes sense if she didn't have her glasses/contacts on. If she was going to take a shower, that might be the reason she didn't have glasses, but why didn't she have a towel? Or are the towels in the shower room?
Also, I didn't realize that her room is supposedly on the 4th floor. Why were there so many people talking about the 15th floor in this thread?
I remember in one article, some long time guest said he heard a very loud noise and then there was flooding. Perhaps someone disposing something down the drain. That should definitely be investigated.

What was it? I'm having a hard time connecting the dots around here right now. Videos and profiles and wild theories, oh my! What the heck is going on in this thread right now?

It was a video a guy made of himself. He was staying at the Cecil Hotel. He had a strange accent, looked to be in his late 20's, early 30's. He had long black hair tied in a ponytail and wore what looked like a black heavy metal band-type t-shirt. He has very pale skin and is otherwise sort of handsome, but is very, very creepy acting.

At the beginning of the video he's lounging on a couch or bed. You can see he has two parallel large slash marks on his upper right bicep. The cuts are held together with rows of white butterfly bandages, like you would get when treated in an ER or clinic.

He's talking about how its about time for him to leave, he gets up and goes to the window telling viewers he's showing them what downtown LA looks like. He points the camera out the window towards a downtown scene. He looks like he's in a room that's pretty high up, maybe several stories high.

As he's talking, he makes a really creepy yell/scream sound, then laughs and says maybe he should quit making that sound, it scares people.

The sound he made in the video is nearly identical to the sound that is made in the Vimeo video "the beast awoke in LA".

The You Tube video showed it was posted a year ago.

Seriously creepy.

I'm way too scared to watch those videos (just way too creepy for me) and I hope the police are aware of the accounts mentioned in this thread.

My worst fear atm is that whoever was behind this forced Elisa to act strange in front of the surveillance camera in the elevator. This whole hotel should be shut down, imo (if it isn't already).

Okay I'm caught up on reading....but must have missed the connection between this creepy guy with the videos and EL. Can someone fill me in?

It was a video a guy made of himself. He was staying at the Cecil Hotel. He had a strange accent, looked to be in his late 20's, early 30's. He had long black hair tied in a ponytail and wore what looked like a black heavy metal band-type t-shirt. He has very pale skin and is otherwise sort of handsome, but is very, very creepy acting.

At the beginning of the video he's lounging on a couch or bed. You can see he has two parallel large slash marks on his upper right bicep. The cuts are held together with rows of white butterfly bandages, like you would get when treated in an ER or clinic.

He's talking about how its about time for him to leave, he gets up and goes to the window telling viewers he's showing them what downtown LA looks like. He points the camera out the window towards a downtown scene. He looks like he's in a room that's pretty high up, maybe several stories high.

As he's talking, he makes a really creepy yell/scream sound, then laughs and says maybe he should quit making that sound, it scares people.

The sound he made in the video is nearly identical to the sound that is made in the Vimeo video "the beast awoke in LA".

The You Tube video showed it was posted a year ago.

Seriously creepy.

That does sound odd but if it was from a year ago how is it relevant to Elisa?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/autopsy-performed-on-elisa-lam-provides-no-answers-1.1165492
"High school classmate Alex Ristea of Vancouver called Lam's death shocking and said she was one of the friendliest people he knew.

"This is the last person I expect out of all my friends to have something like this happen to her," Ristea said.

University of British Columbia spokesman Randy Schmidt confirmed that Lam had attended summer school at the university, but was not registered for the current session.

Ristea said he believes Lam had just gone to California for a holiday, saying she had posted pictures on Facebook from tourist locations such as the San Diego Zoo.

Reached by phone, a man who confirmed that it was Lam's home of said he was busy and hung up when asked to speak about her. A woman reached later at the same number, when told it was a reporter calling, also hung up after saying, "Sorry."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/autops...m-provides-no-answers-1.1165492#ixzz2LakhiKkM

Jason Proctor ‏@proctor_jason
LA coroner says autopsy done on Elisa Lam but final cause of death not yet determined. Toxicology tests will take 6 to 8 weeks. #cbc

wow 6-8 weeks is a helluva lot of time considering modern technology. I'm not in this field. can anyone in the related field advise if 6-8 weeks is the fastest they can go in 2013?

or would this just be filed as another normal routine case where you take your number and wait in line to be tested..........

This really seems to imply she took or was slipped drugs at some point. I'm still struggling with the idea there wasn't foul play in this case. I just don't see how someone, whether sober or on drugs, could end up in a water tank of their own volition. I suppose they're trying to see if she succumbed to an overdose of some kind, or drowned (?). Maybe the theory she was given drugs by someone, died because of it, and they disposed of her body is closer to the mark. Or maybe I should just give in and accept the idea Elisa somehow ended up in the water tank by her own doing. I just don't know.

I'm inclined to agree with you wholeheartedly. As I did mention before, chances of being in a daze and jaywalking across the street, getting hit by a car, walking out her room window or even falling down the fire escape stairs all seem so much more believable and easier than elisa making her way up some supposedly locked and alarm activated roof and then climbing into a large water tank.

Bit blurry, but closeup of hotel guests (complaining about water) hotel waiver, ect.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fK0JT8csdM"]Body Of Missing Tourist Elisa Lam Found in Cecil Hotel Water Tank Los Angeles - YouTube[/ame]

wow 6-8 weeks is a helluva lot of time considering modern technology. I'm not in this field. can anyone in the related field advise if 6-8 weeks is the fastest they can go in 2013?

or would this just be filed as another normal routine case where you take your number and wait in line to be tested..........

I'm not associated with LE but I do work in medicine. I imagine much of the delay has to do with a back log of cases at the specific labs used by LE. When it comes to homicide cases, I don't think any of them would be considered "another normal routine case" to the loved ones of the deceased. I imagine they do take them in the order they are submitted. I'm sure there are exceptions (public safety etc.) IMO many of the results will be back earlier than 6-8 weeks, but LE may be hesitant to release them until ALL results are in.

She also entered from the left!

Wait a min ya know the part on the video where she is waveing her arms
kind of wierd? I think maybe she was hit in the face! Or maced she is stuned
and cant see. she clutches her throat or chest.

The first time she enters the elevator she seems ok she presses all the buttons so no one can tell what floor she stays on. Seems she hears someone and peaks out goes back then she goes to stand outside at the left of the elevator she hods her hand up to her hair it seems but I think this guy has her by the hair and when she enters the elevator again she looks upset and dishevled. she then presses buttons over and over and over no use she exits again and this is where i think she is hit or something sprayed in her face cause she cant see and seesm to grope the air! I keep watching this video over and over.

I was just coming on here to post the same thing...is it possible she is maced or stun gunned / tasered!?

:seeya: Good evening. Looks like there's been a bit of excitement in here. You'll notice quite a few posts are now gone.

We do not link to personal social media pages. Exceptions are made for victims and suspects. Before you link to a FB, twitter, tumbler, etc., you must verify that the account belongs to the victim. Even unusual names can be shared by multiple persons.

We do not copy and paste posts/comments people make on the web. This includes comments following news articles.

We do copy and paste from mainstream media (MSM), but then no more than 10% of the content, and we must always include a link. The same is true when posting images from MSM. You must link to the original source.

If you haven't done so yet, check out this information. You'll find it very helpful.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8364858#post8364858"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Should you have any questions about posting, do not ask them in the thread. Send them in a private message (pm) to a moderator.

:tyou:

:welcome5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members