jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please and thank you.

My poor little peeping post got lost in that discussion. :blushing:

Yeah...it did get lost and it was a good post. I have been thinking of some other instances of peeping, but can't think of any. I can only imagine there are a million more times she was sneaking around and peeping on someone!

minor....do you think the defense team simply didn't investigate the mags carefully and missed the messages in the spine? TIA

I think they only noticed phone # and thats why the story about the guard and inside edition,,,,oopsy on dt

Andrea isn't going to kill you because you decided you don't want to be involved with her anymore. She is only a danger if you are her child and she is unmedicated and responding to her delusions and auditory hallucinations. SO no, the average person does not have a threat from her. Jodi can kill you anytime for doing something she does not like and feel not a shred of remorse.

The legal definition of insanity (in a nutshell) is not knowing right from wrong at the time a crime was committed. Andrea Yates was not properly cared for mentally and was really unable to care for herself mentally. She could not get proper treatment on her own volition. SHe slipped through the mental health system cracks many times and her own husband was completely clueless to the signs of how sick she really was. She felt, due to a brain chemical imbalance, that her children were being taken over by Satan and she had auditory hallucinations telling her that she was a horrible mother and if she continued to raise them they would burn in hell.

Jodi has been evaluated psychologically and psychiatrically and found to be sane. She knew right from wrong on the day she killed Travis. Oh sure her ideas of right and wrong are backwards, but she shows signs of knowing what she did was legally wrong when she voiced concerns about herself and how her life was over. She has no brain chemical imbalance telling her that she had to kill Travis for xyz reasons. She knew clearly what she was doing that day.

Andrea Yates was found to been suffering horribly on that horrible day she killed her children, Post Partum Psychosis being one of many diagnoses. She was sentenced to live for the rest of her life in a state hospital. She gets her meds and therapy and is able to have a somewhat stable life. However she will never see life outside a hospital. This is where she should be. She is not capable of taking care of herself at all.

There are no meds to treat Jodi. Jodi is not mentally ill in the chemically imbalanced sense. She has mental issues sure, but not treatable by meds. Now she very obviously (IMO, since I am not a professional treating her or a licensed professional at all) has Axis II (Cluster B's) personality disorder(s) of some sort

http://behavenet.com/personality-disorder

A therapist can work with someone who solely has these but they are very very difficult to work with...because again it is something wrong in her personality, not her brain chemicals. The personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual.

Jodi has no qualms about hurting anyone that wrongs her. She is far more of a danger than someone like Andrea Yates ever could be, because she knows exactly what she is doing, enjoys doing it, and would more than likely do it again if she could.
SO yeah, you can be sane and commit horrible crimes.

:goodpost:

I believe she said she climbed or stepped on a lower shelf to reach the gun on the top shelf. Unfortunately, I don't believe for a minute the gun existed, unless SHE brought it there and planted it in the closet in the hours/minutes prior to shooting him.

Thanks, Grandpa (not a dig on Grandpa - he must feel terrible wondering if his gun was part of all this... another thing to dislike about this defendant.

Mr. Martinez wants to prove she brought the gun with her so he can prove intent. IMO I believe she brought the gun, and it was her grandparents gun, not sure about the knife.

I believe she said she climbed or stepped on a lower shelf to reach the gun on the top shelf. Unfortunately, I don't believe for a minute the gun existed, unless SHE brought it there and planted it in the closet in the hours/minutes prior to shooting him.

Thanks, Grandpa (not a dig on Grandpa - he must feel terrible wondering if his gun was part of all this... another thing to dislike about this defendant.

She said she "jumped up" on the shelf

Isn't there a photo of Travis' closet already in evidence? If it is the one I am thinking of, where the closet looks neat and orderly, I believe the Jury will have no problem realizing JA is lying...once again.

MOO

Unless she has a jump shot accuracy rate like Michael Jordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut and dry explanation of the trial testimony and notes if you followed! My theory on Travis murder..She went into his house, he did not know she was there, she admitted that on the stand. She woke him up by knife and gun she is a photographer the pics in the bedroom are staged, u can see it in his eyes, she knows how to work a camera trust me on that. I think she tied him up and played with him like a mouse and then made him get in the shower so there would be NO mess and made him pose the pictures in the shower you can see it, you see the fear in his eyes in the shower pics like (what the hell do I do) Plus the time on the pictures say it all at 5:29 was his last picture of him alive at 5:30 he was laying dead in the shower and this is how she did it. He was forcibly posed as you can see in all those pics, then she told Travis to turn his back to her with a gun pointing at him and he turned, she got him in the back 9 times in the shower, he turn around to defend himself, defense wounds on his hands, he tried to run but was to weak and fell to the ground once on the ground she stabbed him 24 more times in the chest, then moving on from there she slit his throat before taking him back in the shower hence the photo of her dragging him, once she drags him in the bathroom puts him in the shower,which in fact he his already dead she shots him to make sure the job was done. Now the reason why his throat was slit all the way back to his neck bone is this! lets go back a week, Nancy Grace visited the Jail talked to her cellmate. Cellmate said Jodi told her she did it in self defense and that she cut Travis into pieces and spread his body parts all over mesa dessert its on video check it out Nancy Grace..So now we are back in the shower, I believe Jodi Arias was trying to behead him and cut up his body to dispose of it with the knives gun and clothes no body! no conviction! I believe she tried to clean up the scene but was unable of finishing what she started by cutting him into pieces and cleaning up the scene because like most of his friends said they were calling and coming over because they had not heard from him. I believe someone interrupted her, she dropped the knife and panic and could not carry out her plan to dispose of Travis and the only way she could do that is cut him into pieces just like she told her cellmates. I said it yesterday, the knife and gun are in the dessert but she finished that for me on the stand today yes they are in the dessert, but they will never be found because she threw them over damn, Just as she was going to do with Travis and it didn't work out as she planned. Now as for the Jodi Arias t-shirt that states Alexanders on it, you know the one were she belongs to him, that is his site blog advertisement for his website for his Job, which many have that shirt. Many have stated that on her media interviews in comments on youtube. They want to know how to get a hold of the prosecutor to tell him this. If they can get the shirt and turn it around they will see it has his blog site and information on the back. She is a sociopath and she is belittling him, calling him a pedophile which in fact I believe that's what she told Travis she would tell everyone if he did not take her back. That's why he called her out on may 28th in the texts and remember no proof on his computer of being a pedophile don't believe it for a second. I believe when Travis spoke through text yesterday and called her a social path on May 28th she was already premeditating this murder, she was stalking him and his girlfriend that's why he called her out on that, said she is sick and scammer and sociopath for slashing his and his girlfriends tires not to mention writing threatening letters to his new girlfriend which I think is BS that it is not aloud, only a few things are aloud in. This is a case of obsession, its a case of if I can't have him NO ONE WILL! She acted on it! she planned it! she staged it! then carried it out. Now this is much more convincing then her 3 different versions of how he died. She confessed today! she did not say I am survivor it was all about her, then with all her memorable testimony we get I don't remember! I blacked out. She remembers everything all the way down to the name on the bottle of water in her trunk. Her stalker behavior! she threaten, she slashed tires, she lies consistently over & over she belittles him & still does it in her little digs, always manages to slip something horrible about him in up to this last day of defense testimony, she draws him in by phone she finds him & his friends out hiking, she bought the book a thousand things to see before you die! not Travis, she texts him, I believe in some of those texts she was pretending to be Travis sending it to herself, now lets remember she testified to having his passwords, she smiles though her testimony a lot, she fake cries, she smiles at the family, Travis had dinner with his friends the Sunday before he died, told them it would probably be his last Sunday there they asked why? he told them, I think Jodi is going kill me! they laughed, he said I'm serious! now the said they wish they could go back to that day & give the advice he was searching for. She said she was raped by him before she killed him, anyone who is raped I don't care if you are trying to get away with murder or not, she would not go to her new boy Ryan and sleep with him, nope wouldn't happen, She called Gus, told him Travis was dead before anyone new just hours after killing him, She goes to his memorial! that is stalker behavior! ask for the U. speech! that would be a trophy, she asked Travis's roommate to take her back to the scene of the crime to his home to see what they did to him, to see what happened to him before her ninja story came into play. There so much more but now I'm starting to sound like the defense attorney, but less boring just more logical. Now last but not least if she really was remorseful! she would of said I am sorry to Travis family, she never said it once While defending herself to save herself on the stand, that could of maybe would of humanized her a tad bit. One more thing if she was always shaking and in fear for her life from Travis, killing him while defending herself, look real close people she is not shaking on the stand while in fear for her life, while defending & fighting for her life to save her life! is she now. Hows that for a theory how is that for fact!!!!

This is not my opinion, it is that of a friend. Just thought her summary was on point and for anyone trying get the main points, I liked it. If this is inappropriate mods, I apologize.

Andrea isn't going to kill you because you decided you don't want to be involved with her anymore. She is only a danger if you are her child and she is unmedicated and responding to her delusions and auditory hallucinations. SO no, the average person does not have a threat from her. Jodi can kill you anytime for doing something she does not like and feel not a shred of remorse.

The legal definition of insanity (in a nutshell) is not knowing right from wrong at the time a crime was committed. Andrea Yates was not properly cared for mentally and was really unable to care for herself mentally. She could not get proper treatment on her own volition. SHe slipped through the mental health system cracks many times and her own husband was completely clueless to the signs of how sick she really was. She felt, due to a brain chemical imbalance, that her children were being taken over by Satan and she had auditory hallucinations telling her that she was a horrible mother and if she continued to raise them they would burn in hell.

Jodi has been evaluated psychologically and psychiatrically and found to be sane. She knew right from wrong on the day she killed Travis. Oh sure her ideas of right and wrong are backwards, but she shows signs of knowing what she did was legally wrong when she voiced concerns about herself and how her life was over. She has no brain chemical imbalance telling her that she had to kill Travis for xyz reasons. She knew clearly what she was doing that day.

Andrea Yates was found to been suffering horribly on that horrible day she killed her children, Post Partum Psychosis being one of many diagnoses. She was sentenced to live for the rest of her life in a state hospital. She gets her meds and therapy and is able to have a somewhat stable life. However she will never see life outside a hospital. This is where she should be. She is not capable of taking care of herself at all.

There are no meds to treat Jodi. Jodi is not mentally ill in the chemically imbalanced sense. She has mental issues sure, but not treatable by meds. Now she very obviously (IMO, since I am not a professional treating her or a licensed professional at all) has Axis II (Cluster B's) personality disorder(s) of some sort

http://behavenet.com/personality-disorder

A therapist can work with someone who solely has these but they are very very difficult to work with...because again it is something wrong in her personality, not her brain chemicals. The personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual.

Jodi has no qualms about hurting anyone that wrongs her. She is far more of a danger than someone like Andrea Yates ever could be, because she knows exactly what she is doing, enjoys doing it, and would more than likely do it again if she could.
SO yeah, you can be sane and commit horrible crimes.
Andrea's husband (who kept impregnating her against medical advice, didn't ensure that she took her antipsychotic meds knowing she had a history of psychosis, and exacerbated her mental health problems by having her live in a tiny RV for years with numerous children) should have gone to prison for life, IMO.

However, Yates was clearly mentally ill. She did not kill out of jealousy or rage. She was mentally ill, and was in extreme need of professional treatment.

Arias, in comparison, was killing out of envy, greed, jealousy and lust. She slaughtered her victim in a brutal, torturous fashion, then tried to blame it on others.

Yates, on the other hand, called and confessed, then sat and waited for authorities. She had no hatred in her heart, she was just plain NUTS. I have compassion for her, because she was off her meds, and was sick.

I have no compassion for Jodi.

Yates was in treatment. Had been on meds and had been told not to have any more children. I don't care, she was a piece of crap and killed her children. She should have been given the death penalty and so should have been her husband. jmo

Back to the Arias case...

Because just about everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie, I expect to see the thread about her lies grow exponentially as JM continues his cross exam. If he wanted to uncover each and every lie he'd have her on the stand for many days, because that's how many she's told. However, I think he's aware the jury is tired of Arias, so he'll focus on proving her lies on the most important pieces of her testimony, rather than every.last.thing.she.ever.said.infinitem.

He'll have her dismantled tout de suite.

Ohyeah and she was a blond bombshell too! Hey these blond murderers are giving us a bad name! :furious:

I remember reading that Nancy K really tried to look Japanese, even with her eye makeup and everything.

LMAO yes good catch she was a hot little blond when she first started dating Kissel.

What's interesting is her defense. I see several similarities. Creepy and Psycho.

ITA - I sense no fondess from either of the DT - in fact, I often catch Wilmott staring JA like, "wow - just wow", lol. I know that Nurmi has tried to withdraw a gazillion times & the court just wouldn't let him. Regarding the motion JA made to admit the supposed pedophile letters - I thought I read that she was representing herself during that time, and I am wondering if it is because Nurmi knew the letters were BS and that it would be unethical for him to make the motion? It's just that I don't recall her doing anything else while representing herself besides trying to get those letters admitted. I could absolutely not believe her arrogance on the stand the other day and I imagine she pretty much ignores her DT when they tell her anything she doesn't want to hear, so I doubt we'll see much change in demeanor come Monday. Here's hoping, anyway!

BTW - I'm new here, Hi! :seeya:

I have always assumed that she wanted to represent herself because her attorneys told her they would not try to enter those BS forgeries knowing that they would be exposed as such. Being what she is she thought they didn't know what they were doing and she wanted those letters in. When the letters were tossed as forgeries she suddenly wanted her DT back.

In your opinion.

Others, myself included are free to make such comparisons.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm really tired of not being able to make a comment in here without being attacked on it because some people seem to just love to argue about anything and everything. Each of us is entitled to our opinion. This whole thing was taken above and beyond anything it was ever meant to be and has taken the thread off topic. Sheesh...it's ridiculous!

Good night peeps!

I knew a little about this case, but didn't completely tune in until the trial started.

What is the courts schedule for the week of Feb 25?

ITA - I sense no fondess from either of the DT - in fact, I often catch Wilmott staring JA like, "wow - just wow", lol. I know that Nurmi has tried to withdraw a gazillion times & the court just wouldn't let him. Regarding the motion JA made to admit the supposed pedophile letters - I thought I read that she was representing herself during that time, and I am wondering if it is because Nurmi knew the letters were BS and that it would be unethical for him to make the motion? It's just that I don't recall her doing anything else while representing herself besides trying to get those letters admitted. I could absolutely not believe her arrogance on the stand the other day and I imagine she pretty much ignores her DT when they tell her anything she doesn't want to hear, so I doubt we'll see much change in demeanor come Monday. Here's hoping, anyway!

BTW - I'm new here, Hi! :seeya:

She was also allowed to "phone" (interview) TWO potential defense witnesses. Do you think one of them was Matt??

Jumping in on some comments made earlier (yesterday) on JM still being "only" an ADA. The DA is an elected official position. There is only 1 in each jurisdiction. The DA rarely gets to try cases him/herself--most of their time is spent on administrative and political type matters.

So, if you are an attorney and you want to help put the bad guys/gals away, the district attorney's office is the only place you can do that. If you want to be in the courtroom trying cases to put those bad guys/gals away then being the elected official running the office (which is what the DA is and what the DA does) is not the right position for that.

An ADA doesn't "work" themselves up to the DA position; there is no promotion to that position since it's an elected position. A person has to campaign for the DA position just like any other elected position be it a judge, or a senator, etc. It's a political position.

Within any DA office there are grades/levels. JM is likely at a very high (perhaps one of the highest) grade levels in that office. To be the prosecutor of a DP case, and be able to try cases without any other ADAs involved, means to be among the best and brightest in a DA's office. People who choose that career obviously aren't doing it because they're going to be making $$$$$$$ a year like corporate attorneys can or like the criminal defense attorneys can--they do it because that's the type of law they want to practice and they don't want to be on the defense side. Those are your only 2 choices if you want to be in criminal law. It's a passion and a calling.

I have no doubt that it's Juan's "passion." I just think he didn't do a good job at it on Thursday and, from what I've seen and read about him in other cases, I'm not enamored of his style and abilities, in general. And while Montgomery's position is elected, it's a logical next step for a successful prosecutor -- as are any number of other "next steps" that have not been taken by Juan. I can't find his bio anywhere, but he appears to me to be in his early 50's. Phoenix is not a "sexy" venue for an aging prosecutor. And, honestly, I don't give a hoot who disagrees with me and thinks he's "juanderful." It's my opinion and I stand by it. I thought his cross was extremely lame. Fortunately for him, he's got a defendant who's lied on tape multiple times about this exact crime. She'll go down, it's just a question of how hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107