jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 11TH DAY #57 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think $40. None of the other guns or a pile of quarters that were on top of the gun cabinet were stolen. I'm pretty sure JA claimed that the money stolen was hers.

Yep, she claimed the money was her's. And she broke down the bills in a weird way. I can't remember how she said it, but it was like a 10, a five, whatever instead of two 20's. Her laptop was conveniently hidden under a pile of dirty clothes.

If I were on the jury I would want the prosecutor to be very thorough about debunking her lies. It is not an easy thing to convict a fellow human being of a heinous crime and to recommend a sentence of death and it shouldn't be. They have to feel sure beyond a reasonable doubt because they are going to live with their decision.

It seems to me that his questions are relevant to disproving her defense. She says that she was physically, emotionally, and sexually abused by Travis. He is debunking all of that.

All the questioning and testimony about sex, for example, may seem to be excessive, but I now know that she did nothing with Travis that she hadn't done before (so she wasn't shocked), that sometimes she gave no indication that she didn't want to do certain things even when she didn't, and that when she didn't want to do something and did tell him, he stopped immediately. So where was the sexual abuse?

As for emotional abuse, here's just one thing we learned. She said that he was borrowing money from her and calling her selfish when she didn't have it to give him. But in fact, he was loaning money to her.

We have no one's word except hers that she killed Travis in self defense and the prosecutor is proving that she is a liar, not just before being under oath but during her testimony in the trial. She has to explain the savage overkill. She's doing that by portraying herself as an abused woman and he is showing that it isn't true.

I wanted to share with you all. I have no doubt JA planned to kill Travis. None. However, I wa talking to my husband about this case, he is a guy =-) like many of the jury, and he was NOT convinced she had. Now, my husband is a very smart guy with tons of common sense. I admit to losing my mind but I was sorta in shock ya know?! I went over the evidence and he wasn't convinced until I went over the time frame of the photos and Travis's death. He finally agreed there wasn't time. JM needs to spell this out BIG TIME. Including the fact that she had the weapons on her when the attack occured. My husband orginally believed she may have had them just in case something happened. (I know, I know.) He also needs to spell out how planning can happen in an instant. The choice to walk/run away or commit the crime. My husband is a good guy and he just can't understand HOW a young woman could do such a crime. Well, me too. But I know she did. I hope JM understands this!

he needs to find her button...and push it every chance he gets...other girls, poor judgement, her intelligence, she doesn't care about being a ho....she hates being called a stalker...she hates exposure of her real intentions... that is why juan is doing what he's doing...

lets get the letters out..

He starts to get her going when he passionately says "WHAT RIGHT DID YOU HAVE TO GO THERE THEN? WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN HIS HOUSE???"

T minus 1 hour!

I think it starts at 10:15 AZ time, so we still have an hour.

Hey Ya'll (southern talk)

I know yesterday they said it would start at 10:15 az time, but HLN was saying the trial would resume today at noon / eastern time. (10 az time)

Just wanted everyone ready just in case ! Got my seat reserved, see ya then!

Hmmm. No lunches and migraines. Convenient back-up plan for Nurmi. He will be using this to explain why the answers she gave Juan were incorrect. Juan's aggressive questioning made her "head scramble" because she had low blood sugar and a migraine which caused her to be confused and to give the wrong answers. It also caused her to have memory issues while answering. I wonder how the jury will feel about this? I don't think it will fly.

So he's going to request a 'do-over' of yesterday? I think Juan wouldn't mind coming at her again on those issues.

i think it shows her many faces tho. she is a different person in every situation. she is like an actress playing the part. i doubt she has any real feelings for people, everything is an act to get her needs met. she is acting on the stand. i think sending the grandmother flowers and a letter and writing beautiful words in his memeorial book was what an innocent person would do, so she copied that role. she is dangerous and i hope she's gets prison, she would do it again.

She's a Sociopath... So her baseline thinking isn't like ours.. she isn't able to absorb relate understand empathize or sympathize other people's feelings. Because of this she mimics others in behavior & society norms but she can't grasp boundaries or.. nuances of society for example YOU DON'T SEND FLOWERS OR GO TO MEMORIALS FOR PEOPLE YOU MURDER! You know lil things like that.

Morning peeps! Here ya go!

buffet_bar.jpg

I haven't read the book so I should't really comment on it at all, but the criticism I heard about it was that it tells you that if you just think "I will be wealthy" you'll get that wealth without working for it. I could be wrong about what the book actually says.

I've read "Power of Positive Thinking" and I agree with you there. But that book didn't claim anything magical would happen to you. Just that you would not be held back by your own negative thoughts. JMO

Basically if you put out positive thinking and act in harmony with this you will get what you desire. If you put out negative stuff (i am ugly no one wants me) then this negativity and repercussions of this thinking is all you will get. You won't put any energy into changing to get something positive. That is what the gist is. whatever you want, tell yourself you can do it and take steps to get it while keeping up the positive. I never saw anything in it about something unpreventable, like cancer, happenig because someone wasn't thinking positively enough. There's a diff between negative thinking and actions that and negative things happening that you had no control over.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm reading a lot of criticism of Juan (not necessarily here, but all over the media and other blog sites) -- his pit bull sparring...he's argumentative, sarcastic, spending too much time on moot points, etc.

I don't know if this criticism is altogether valid.

I'm quite happy that he's pissy. A man's life was snuffed out and the woman that did it ADMITTED it, has lied continually, and is slandering the dead something mercilessly. If there's ever a situation where a prosecutor is allowed this behavior, it's certainly this one and I think jurors will understand his anger and passion.

HOWEVER, I do hope he starts painting a picture of how she willfully and purposely plotted his death on that faithful day (and then wrap this image up with a neat little bow). I think jurors NEED that (just look at the Anthony trial). I think they need that because juries are stupider than we give them credit for. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I do think a lot of people lack the skills to conclude things for themselves.

:worms:It is excruciating to watch Juan going over everything again and again, and ask "Right?" at the end of every statement he makes. Yes, I agree, it is terrible that Jodi Arias killed Travis. We know this. Is there good and bad in every person? It doesn't seem so. It seems to me that there are truly some individuals who are so self-serving that there is no redemption. It also seems to me that this defendant is a true pro at self-preservation. I am more interested in what has made her this way....I realize my view will be unpopular, but someone like me may be sitting on that jury, and under this excruciating testimony, personally, I want it to stop. If you have ever been in the box, being hammered by an attorney, you feel a spot of something akin to "PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!" She's guilty, we know it....let's end it. I think it is somehow merciful for murderers to take their own lives when all is said and done, because it spares us this agony. I understand the need for interrogation, but it's not fun, I don't see how anyone can think she is enjoying this endless recitation. I am afraid that the more Juan goes on and on, asking about each individual statement, he is illiciting the sympathy of a juror. In fact, as this continues, it appears that she grows stronger in the stand, she is NOT breaking under the pressure....(but I am.)
Anybody out there understand me? :worms:

I must not be watching the same trial. I dont want him to stop. I want him to keep on keeping on and taking a bite out of her everytime she speaks.

We have court watchers in the courtroom. They have seen no juror having sympathy for the murderess. I imagine the jury is sick and tired that she cant answer one damn question honestly and forthrightly.

The more she talks the more it shows her arrogance and her guilt.

Of course she isnt going to break under pressure. She is a vile sociopath but she does reveal herself. Little by little she lets the mask slip.

Juan Martinez is amazing and more skilled than any other Prosecutor Ive ever seen. When she jumps in the weeds he jumps in with her..'machete in hand'........and he doesnt hesitate. No matter what tangent she jumps into he has questions about that and when she knows he is harming her she jumps into the weeds on another tangent and he stays right with her and has questions about whatever she says even when she is trying hard to change the subject. Priceless.

Not every Prosecutor could be this nimble and quick minded but he knows this case like the back of his hand.

IMO

What's shocking to this grandmas is that I keep hearing stuff that I have to google to find out what in the world that means....and I thought I was pretty 'with it'. And, to add insult to injury, I've been trying to google 'jazz'... I'm beginning to think we need a thread "For old people to ask questions about stuff so regular threads won't know they don't know!"

Yup. I had to google too. Toss salad will never be the same.

Yep, every time I think about this camera -- not only snapping pics on its own, but still containing loads of evidence -- a single thought comes to mind: GOD DOESN'T LIKE UGLY.

A guest on Dr. Drew last night picked right up on it... Julie Christopher (sp?) said she had dinner with TA & JA about two weeks before he died. This woman says an awful chill washed over her, as she's an intuit by profession.

She knew she was picking up powerful vibes about TA. So she took him away from the table (i.e., Jodi) to inform him that a dark cloud was hanging over him -- but angels were also watching over him.

As soon as she said this, I thought again about the camera.

Note: The woman said twice that she brought TA into the LADIES RESTROOM to tell him this in private. Odd place to bring a man for a quickie spiritual talk. :waitasec:

Not to mention Jodi was probably trying to listen-in.

JA was in Mesa two weeks before she killed him?

:worms:It is excruciating to watch Juan going over everything again and again, and ask "Right?" at the end of every statement he makes. Yes, I agree, it is terrible that Jodi Arias killed Travis. We know this. Is there good and bad in every person? It doesn't seem so. It seems to me that there are truly some individuals who are so self-serving that there is no redemption. It also seems to me that this defendant is a true pro at self-preservation. I am more interested in what has made her this way....I realize my view will be unpopular, but someone like me may be sitting on that jury, and under this excruciating testimony, personally, I want it to stop. If you have ever been in the box, being hammered by an attorney, you feel a spot of something akin to "PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!" She's guilty, we know it....let's end it. I think it is somehow merciful for murderers to take their own lives when all is said and done, because it spares us this agony. I understand the need for interrogation, but it's not fun, I don't see how anyone can think she is enjoying this endless recitation. I am afraid that the more Juan goes on and on, asking about each individual statement, he is illiciting the sympathy of a juror. In fact, as this continues, it appears that she grows stronger in the stand, she is NOT breaking under the pressure....(but I am.)
Anybody out there understand me? :worms:

Hi Laces-- I agree with you on many points; it drives me bonkers when Juan keeps saying "right" after each statement or question; i thought the point of cross is to get your point across that she is lying, make her look like the lying murderer she is and move on. this constant right right right, makes me crazy; he is making his points but i think he is also losing some of his momentum by constantly having to get her to admit he is right; the whole courtroom knows she is lying; Juan, make your point and move on. When he keeps saying right??? then it gives her the opportunity yak some more - she should not have those opportunities over and over again. when he reveals the lie, just move on.

I think Juan's style works most of the time; but this defendant is different and i think he should have modified his style a bit. He is obviously a great prosecutor as evidenced by his record, which is proven to be successful. This woman can't just say yes or no, it is ummmm, well not exactly or well, ummm, not yesterday, but it was the day before (and all that kind of stuff); she is a nightmare.

I disagree about Jodi though; she loves her attempts at one-upping the prosecutor. she is a sociopath IMO and she cannot bear not to look smarter than everybody else including the prosecutor. I don't think her attitude is helping her but she can't help herself. she is smug, she is confident, and she believes she is going to beat this.

Yep, she claimed the money was her's. And she broke down the bills in a weird way. I can't remember how she said it, but it was like a 10, a five, whatever instead of two 20's. Her laptop was conveniently hidden under a pile of dirty clothes.

Any surprise that she remembered the denominations? :banghead:

Originally Posted by spyhouston
What's shocking to this grandmas is that I keep hearing stuff that I have to google to find out what in the world that means....and I thought I was pretty 'with it'. And, to add insult to injury, I've been trying to google 'jazz'... I'm beginning to think we need a thread "For old people to ask questions about stuff so regular threads won't know they don't know!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You thought he shot JAZZ on her?! OMG ROFL!!!

I think $40. None of the other guns or a pile of quarters that were on top of the gun cabinet were stolen. I'm pretty sure JA claimed that the money stolen was hers.
Thank you....do we know when she called Matt to borrow a gun for attempted suicide?

Too bad!

Besides, if I am planning to kill myself I am not going to ask someone for a gun to do it. Like they would say "Sure, here you go!"

Its like Cindy A claim that she attempted suicide by writing a note....PLEASE

Speaking of laptop, whatever happened to the rest of the story of the one that was stolen from the expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2