General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read a tweet that stated OP PR team had released a statement saying testis compositum found in his home was to aid muscle recovery

I'm looking forward to seeing the blood test results on OP. I've been thinking about this case and the chain of events that occurred. It's very hard for me to believe that OP was in his right mind when this happened. Pumped up on steroids or drugs, perhaps. He presents as a calm and friendly person in interviews, and although we've seen glimpses of him stepping out of character (I'll break your legs, slamming the door on the girl in his house), the RS shooting is on a completely different level. He fired four shots without considering, after each shot, what he was doing to her life, or his life either. Something must have supplemented his actions and behavior that night.

here's one tweet on the subject

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Pistorius PR firm says substance found in bedroom is Testis compositum, aids "muscle recovery" -MM

Do you have the link?

I for one have tried to put some definitive end to this matter here.
Rather shoddy of police/prosecutiion to have ever called it a steroid. And even defense incorrectly called it herbal, when it is hoemopathic. And I posted a link to site that had its ingredients and it only has dilutions, not herbs, or even vitamins if that ingredient list was accurate. Here even what some (not I) might call the rigorous press continue to have articles by MDs who do not know a thing about homeopathy and what they write is all wrong. (Drug companies place many ads in newspapers, so prejudice against alternaive medicine occurs, even though, say in the USA, polls found over half the population is into some form of alt med.)

As I wrote here, such homeopathic remedies will NOT raise the level of testosterone. And I also wrote here some days ago that the remedy could have been prescribed for many reasons OTHER than sexual dysfunction. So I am glad to see that OP's defense released this now.

Sad to say though, this is one of the few times I think they have the whole truth of a matter.
Shane, this is indeed a historical moment!!!In the history of these 49 pages, I think we are for once, temporarily...on the same page!! Haha :p
Absolutely agree with you!

Not mocking- teasing you hey!! :)

I'm not sure how it works in SA but from what I understand, it's innocent till proven guilty, at least in a court of law. The defendant put forth a statement and the prosecution put together their version of events. But it is on the prosecution to prove their version, since the default position is 'innocent'. There are certain circumstances where the onus does fall on the defense, but I'm not sure what that is.

In this case, the state actually has an easier time trying to disprove OP. He put his story in an affidavit, so he is now married to it. There are a number of pieces of evidence, even small things like a neighbor saying they heard female screaming coming from his apartment, that would discredit him. And he can't come back and say, ok maybe she did scream. Because then the first question asked is why didn't he account for that detail in his affidavit if he heard it.

I think this is a point worthy of discussion. I will admit, I know very little about South African law, though it is my understanding that OP used his gun improperly (based on their laws) and that even the defense agrees OP shot through the locked door with a belief someone was on the other side in a small enclosed space. OP's statement also makes clear he was aware Reeva was present in the bedroom suite at the time (meaning that he is not suggesting his brain was so fuzzy from sleep he forgot she was spending the night). Given these conditions, I would think OP would be burdened with providing more than just a story to prove it was unintentional when he aimed in his girlfriend's direction and shot her multiple times. I may be wrong about that. Either way, for purposes of discussion on this board, I think it's fair to consider the information presented by both sides at this point.

All of the above is just my opinion.

Shane, this is indeed a historical moment!!!In the history of these 49 pages, I think we are for once, temporarily...on the same page!! Haha :p
Absolutely agree with you!

Not mocking- teasing you hey!! :)

Thanks!
Of course I am relatively new here--and maybe less than these 49 pages. But I can respect someone who has a different view on OP's guilt than I do. Maybe wouldn't be any fun if we all thought alike.

And like the saying goes, "once I tought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.":blushing:

Actually perhaps my fave is the Irish saying, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king,"I try to keep my one eye working...

here's one tweet on the subject

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Pistorius PR firm says substance found in bedroom is Testis compositum, aids "muscle recovery" -MM

But that is just one of the many things it aids!

<modsnip> i am always looking for motives so as to explain consequent behaviour.

I would be interested to know everyone's gut feeling about OP's motive/s for killing Reeva - a woman who was beautiful inside and out and whom he claimed to have loved on Valentine's Day - the day for lovers to celebrate their love.

His motive was, "I thought she was an intruder"

How many of you really believe in that motive?

If not, what other motive/s could he have had?

Just use your gut feeling - it does not have to be backed up by newspaper reports or supposed evidence at the bail hearing.

This forum is called "websleuths". "Sleuthing" means "speculating" using your gut feelings. So you are actually allowed to speculate here without having to give a link.

Since you bring up that estate, reports are that the guards had machine guns and were seconds or minutes away, so RE "intruder"...

And I have previously brought up the issue of whether there has ever even been a single incidence of an intruder in that complex as that estate had high electrified wall surrounding it IIRC.
It's actually irrelevant if the are any previous incidences of intruders in the estate. OP has been a victim of crime( although I'm not sure what at this time). We lived in our previous home for 7 years and only had the one invasion. None so far in our current home. If you look at the aerial pictures of the estate as it currently is, there is a lot of building and construction going on so that tells me there will be a lot of labourers, contractors etc etc comming and going all day. Its fact that a lot of homes that are broken into are done so AFTER a homeowner has had some sort of work/renovations etc done to it. Any criminal could gain access to the estate by pretending to be with construction or even any of the workers themselves, just remaining in one of the many half built houses at the end of the day when the rest of the crews leave.

It's actually irrelevant if the are any previous incidences of intruders in the estate. OP has been a victim of crime( although I'm not sure what at this time). We lived in our previous home for 7 years and only had the one invasion. None so far in our current home. If you look at the aerial pictures of the estate as it currently is, there is a lot of building and construction going on so that tells me there will be a lot of labourers, contractors etc etc comming and going all day. Its fact that a lot of homes that are broken into are done so AFTER a homeowner has had some sort of work/renovations etc done to it. Any criminal could gain access to the estate by pretending to be with construction or even any of the workers themselves, just remaining in one of the many half built houses at the end of the day when the rest of the crews leave.

OK. You have very well addresed one of the 2 points on my post.
The other--the guards could have been there in seconds or minutes was not addressed. He only called them after killing her--and IMHO, concocting his alibi.

OK. You have very well addresed one of the 2 points on my post.
The other--the guards could have been there in seconds or minutes was not addressed. He only called them after killing her--and IMHO, concocting his alibi.
Truth be told, I actually have no idea why he didn't call security. And also, we actually need to find out if security were indeed armed..where did you see they have machine guns? It would be pretty unwise for them to be armed at the gate like that...in the event that they are robbed and relieved of their own weapons.

The only security in this country that I have ever seen with machine guns are the armoured cash vehicle guys...and they are forever getting robbed.

<modsnip>

I think the only event in his past was that of the washing machine! when he said on twitter that he got into recon mode!

It has been stated that there have not been any previous breakins at his estate - let alone his own house.

<modsnip>

You have certainly turned me off ever visiting South Africa which I was hoping to do this year. i have already visited 112 countries but only two in Africa and as a single divorced woman. I often travel alone. I was warned about South America but spent four great weeks there travelling alone as I have done in India recently but the way South Africa as a country seems to turn a blind eye on the severity of crime and its punishment makes me wonder about the laidback attitude of individual citizens there too which would make me feel very unsafe there if as a solo woman, I travelled there.

Truth be told, I actually have no idea why he didn't call security. And also, we actually need to find out if security were indeed armed..where did you see they have machine guns? It would be pretty unwise for them to be armed at the gate like that...in the event that they are robbed and relieved of their own weapons.

The only security in this country that I have ever seen with machine guns are the armoured cash vehicle guys...and they are forever getting robbed.

I think I read that about security with machine guns at that estate's own website.

And as far as no incidents RE poor prior behavior by OP--I think this is almost massive by now.
From
Ms. Taylor--former gf--was scared off from publicly revealing...
The woman he assaulted and spent a hight in jail over--if not for his money and connections...
Rugby player tried to warn RS against OP--so it was well known
Fired gun in restaurant--again anyone else would have gone to jail
NYTimes writer found him to be "reckless...and an adrenaline junkie"
Mr Myers' statements

Much there.

Thanks for the links.

So it seems that Reeva was indeed very happy and by at least 10.30pm that fateful night, had absolutely no reason to fear OP!

What I took from the interview is as follows:

- Prior to Reeva's death, Reeva's friend/roommate had the impression she was happy in her relationship with OP.
- Reeva had been in a long-term relationship with someone else prior to this new relationship with OP.
- Reeva's friend/roommate is not comfortable sharing her opinion about what happened and is interested in what evidence will be shared at trial.
- Reeva's friend/roommate hopes the truth will emerge during the trial and that justice will prevail.
- Reeva's friend/roommate would prefer greater focus on Reeva, the victim, in media reports.

Carol, I am finding you to be too apologetic for OP's crime. You say here "OP has been a victim of crime( although I'm not sure what at this time)".

I think the only event in his past was that of the washing machine! when he said on twitter that he got into recon mode!

It has been stated that there have not been any previous breakins at his estate - let alone his own house.

So why do you keep on apologising for him as if you were his mother?

You have certainly turned me off ever visiting South Africa which I was hoping to do this year. i have already visited 112 countries but only two in Africa and as a single divorced woman. I often travel alone. I was warned about South America but spent four great weeks there travelling alone as I have done in India recently but the way South Africa as a country seems to turn a blind eye on the severity of crime and its punishment makes me wonder about the laidback attitude of individual citizens there too which would make me feel very unsafe there if as a solo woman, I travelled there.

I think this is a baseless accusation, Carol has opinions, nowhere does she post she thinks Oscar blameless, her posts do not appear to me to be apologies for Oscars behaviour but reasons why he may have acted, we are all speculating,

I think he is innocent of pre meditated murder, I doubt state will ever prove this, what he is culpable of is yet for me decided, I will have to see more evidence

Carol, I am finding you to be too apologetic for OP's crime. You say here "OP has been a victim of crime( although I'm not sure what at this time)".

So why do you keep on apologising for him as if you were his mother?

Lol Estelle, far from it. I'm just trying to get the idea across that it is plausible that OP thought there was an intruder in his home...his previous experience with crime had nothing to do with the washing machine as there was no crime....that his fear could be very real. I and many others can relate to that fear...have you been the victim of a home invasion?? I have and it's terrifying. We are very conscious of our surrounding and go to great lengths to make sure our family is safe, maybe not to the lengths that OP has clearly gone to and by what you may deem as paranoia and over reaction on OP's part, but it's a real genuine fear. Yes, I don't dispute that he has killed someone, what he did was wrong on every level, yes, he deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law...but no, I'm not certain that he intended to kill Reeva for any reason...there is NO valid reason why he would at this stage.

Also, thousands of tourists visit our city every year, few of them get killed while they are here, the few that do are mostly because of their own stupidity and carelessness I'm afraid to say. More tourists are killed falling off table mountain than by home invasion/murder/robbery. The reason I drum on about crime is because its a way of life here, it's very real and it's pertinent to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member