General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reeva was NOT pregnant: Model's family says post-mortem proves media speculation is untrue

The National Enquirer reported on Monday that the argument was sparked by the news that Pistorius was about to become a father but today family spokesman vehemently denied the claims

27 February 2013| UPDATED: 13:49 GMT, 27 February 2013

eva Steenkamp’s family has categorically denied that the model was pregnant when Paralympian Oscar Pistorius shot and killed her.

The National Enquirer reported earlier this week that Steenkamp told the athlete that she was pregnant to placate him after he accused her of cheating on him.

But today family spokesman Mike Steenkamp denied the reports were true and said the cover girl's mother June would have known.

'The post mortem would have revealed if Reeva was pregnant and it did not reveal anything like this.

Maybe it comes from the other side, to garner and build up some sort of support for Oscar,' Mr Steenkamp told Times Live.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pregnant-say-models-family.html#ixzz2M71DdKUn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I haven't seen one poster in this thread think he's 100% innocent (including me). The man is guilty of murder and I'm not sure I've seen anyone who disagrees with that. The question is whether he knew for sure who he was shooting at and the answer simply because his story doesn't hold water isn't good enough to prove anything. If someone can explain how his story is 100% impossible, using the information that is verified, then I'd love to hear it.

Hmm-well debate is what we do. Gleaning the facts as we can from the moving target that is the media, and giving our POV based on our own experience is kind of how the board works. I mean, we arent in the court room. We have the right to express our opinions as long as it is done respectfully.

I has been widely reported that moments after the shooting, and before he called for medical help, OP called his best friend Justin Divaris, who did come to the house. Initially also reported he called his father who also came to the house. However, "widely reported" does not mean true. I concede that. And it is unclear whether he called the estate manager or she came to his house upon hearing shouting or receiving a call from security. Reports vary as to whether Security called OP or he called them. In any case, the prosecution has said that "the phone calls" constitute part of its argument for premeditation.

I'm pretty much done debating this case until more concrete information comes out. I have no problem if folks see him as 100% guilty of premed but it's impossible to debate facts and evidence, when opinions and speculation relies on information that comes from garden variety trash that passes itself off as journalism. I actually thought there were rules on WS on what can and cannot be discussed when it comes to MSM. Example, National Enquirer runs a story that RS may be pregnant and all of a sudden theories and speculation abound on why he killed her if she was pregnant, as if that was verified fact to begin with.

I haven't seen one poster in this thread think he's 100% innocent (including me). The man is guilty of murder and I'm not sure I've seen anyone who disagrees with that. The question is whether he knew for sure who he was shooting at and the answer simply because his story doesn't hold water isn't good enough to prove anything. If someone can explain how his story is 100% impossible, using the information that is verified, then I'd love to hear it.

I feel similarly, with one exception. Because it has already been established that OP killed Reeva, we can assume his affidavit was crafted either to accurately detail the events of the evening, or to conceal the events of the evening as well as he could given the evidence at the scene.

The prosecution also presented a potential version of events at the bail hearing based on preliminary evidence they found at and around the scene (more specifically, they claimed Reeva and OP were arguing in loud voices for an hour prior to the shooting, Reeva hid from OP in the bathroom, OP had his legs on when he shot through the bathroom door, etc.).

Rather than attempting to determine whether any elements of OPs stated version are impossible, I am considering the statements from both sides at the bail hearing. If OP had stated a burglar flew into his window in a spaceship, shot Reeva, then flew out, I could confidently point to an element of his story that appears impossible. Admittedly, I know nothing about South African law, but the fact that he based his story in the reality of Planet Earth should not make his story the default position for purposes of our discussion, should it? I do understand the prosecution needs to make its case, but doesn't the defendant also have to provide evidence to support his statements?

All of the above is just my opinion.

I have therefore begun wondering whether if ...and it is a BIG IF....Reeva was indeed raped whether that that would be more punishable in South Africa than murder of an intruder in OP's mnd.... or would rape damage OP's reputation/image more than murder of a supposed intruder in South Arica? hence his possible cover up of rape.
respectfully snipped

Im sorry you went through that Estelle, you are very brave to be able to speak about it. :)

I very strongly believe at this stage that rape is not an option. There are too many factors counting against the theory. Besides that fact, I think OP chances of freedom would have been more likely in the rape scenario. The conviction rate for rape is very low and sentences minimal imo. Our very own president has stood accused of the crime, with an HIV woman no less while having numerous wives, case was thrown and the woman went into exile.I dont think I can debate this angle to be honest, it has no substance. IMO that is!

I feel similarly, with one exception. Because it has already been established that OP killed Reeva, we can assume his affidavit was crafted either to accurately detail the events of the evening, or to conceal the events of the evening as well as he could given the evidence at the scene.

The prosecution also presented a potential version of events at the bail hearing based on preliminary evidence they found at and around the scene (more specifically, they claimed Reeva and OP were arguing in loud voices for an hour prior to the shooting, Reeva hid from OP in the bathroom, OP had his legs on when he shot through the bathroom door, etc.).

Rather than attempting to determine whether any elements of OPs stated version are impossible, I am considering the statements from both sides at the bail hearing. If OP had stated a burglar flew into his window in a spaceship, shot Reeva, then flew out, I could confidently point to an element of his story that appears impossible. Admittedly, I know nothing about South African law, but the fact that he based his story in the reality of Planet Earth should not make his story the default position for purposes of our discussion, should it? I do understand the prosecution needs to make its case, but doesn't the defendant also have to provide evidence to support his statements?

All of the above is just my opinion.

I'm not sure how it works in SA but from what I understand, it's innocent till proven guilty, at least in a court of law. The defendant put forth a statement and the prosecution put together their version of events. But it is on the prosecution to prove their version, since the default position is 'innocent'. There are certain circumstances where the onus does fall on the defense, but I'm not sure what that is.

In this case, the state actually has an easier time trying to disprove OP. He put his story in an affidavit, so he is now married to it. There are a number of pieces of evidence, even small things like a neighbor saying they heard female screaming coming from his apartment, that would discredit him. And he can't come back and say, ok maybe she did scream. Because then the first question asked is why didn't he account for that detail in his affidavit if he heard it.

Wait. They have been dating for NINE WEEKS? wtf. This makes me squirm. Really. Has OP any history of DV?

/snipped

I also wanted to mention that it's been brought up numerous times that OP statement is very cleverly crafted. You do not think that he would add in his statement that Reeva had spent the previous night at his place if it could not be proven? His estate, as is the norm with most estates, will have record of every single vehicle to enter the estate at any given time. Either by video, or manually recording the number plate of all vehicles entering.

Since you bring up that estate, reports are that the guards had machine guns and were seconds or minutes away, so RE "intruder"...

And I have previously brought up the issue of whether there has ever even been a single incidence of an intruder in that complex as that estate had high electrified wall surrounding it IIRC.

just read a tweet that stated OP PR team had released a statement saying testis compositum found in his home was to aid muscle recovery

Hmm-well debate is what we do. Gleaning the facts as we can from the moving target that is the media, and giving our POV based on our own experience is kind of how the board works. I mean, we arent in the court room. We have the right to express our opinions as long as it is done respectfully.

Hear Hear! Well said.
It is perturbing how a few here wish to control others especially if their views are different than theirs. And some continue to cleverly mock others who have differing views and ideas. I thought all that was against the rules. If people do not like how some take newspaper reports and try to analyze it and maybe arrive at different conclusions than their own--they can ignore these people instead of spending so much effort in trying to cleverly mock them, or telling them basically to shut up. I for one have learned for the most part to ignore those who are into mocking and controlling.

I only post now to support someone who has succinctly asked these few to stop trying to mock or control others, and I second that.

just read a tweet that stated OP PR team had released a statement saying testis compositum found in his home was to aid muscle recovery
oooh thanks. And its fact he had a sore shoulder so that could have been what he was using it for, if indeed it was currently being used at all!

after takimg banned steroids?

it was the state who said they found steroids which were not in fact steroids, but the compound that according to OP he used to aid muscle recovery,

and it is not an illegal supplement but one which is used by other athletes

I am still of the opinion that we will see the Plan B defense shaping up soon if the autopsy and the investigation diametrically oppose what Mr P says happened. Here is my PREDICTION- He will have mixed a number of medications with alcohol and...(fill in the blank.)

ETA: for example, lost his temper, became confused, became psychotic, doesnt really remember...

Do you have the link?

I for one have tried to put some definitive end to this matter here.
Rather shoddy of police/prosecutiion to have ever called it a steroid. And even defense incorrectly called it herbal, when it is hoemopathic. And I posted a link to site that had its ingredients and it only has dilutions, not herbs, or even vitamins if that ingredient list was accurate. Here even what some (not I) might call the rigorous press continue to have articles by MDs who do not know a thing about homeopathy and what they write is all wrong. (Drug companies place many ads in newspapers, so prejudice against alternaive medicine occurs, even though, say in the USA, polls found over half the population is into some form of alt med.)

As I wrote here, such homeopathic remedies will NOT raise the level of testosterone. And I also wrote here some days ago that the remedy could have been prescribed for many reasons OTHER than sexual dysfunction. So I am glad to see that OP's defense released this now.

Sad to say though, this is one of the few times I think they have the whole truth of a matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419