jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for the young women of today. I always liked a long, slow build up to sex so that when it finally happened, it was something that was "yearned for". Plus you knew the person and had connected emotionally before the physical.

I always felt that it was best to wait for emotional bonding before having sex - that way you know the man desired you for YOU and not just for "sex".

respect is the bond of the highest order. for me the "best" sex always came out of mututal respect. it takes time to feel respect for a person and trust takes time too. the healthiest relationships have respect and trust and good, clear communication IMO.

nothing is better than great sex but for me it's great only if
it's an expression of 'relatedness'. sex that sets off a torrent of emotion - not because it's sex, but because you have emotional "relatedness".

In regards to young people today (in general) Every day there is something in the news about someone "killing" a lover or partner. It has become the norm of today's society. I live in a very small community and just within the last year there have been a couple of incidents where young women were killed by a husband/boyfriend. It scares me to death with my only daughter dating. It's like it's no big thing for people to kill on another anymore. Very scary!

SO I am guessing that his room mates NEVER did any laundry.....I am single and do laundry almost every day. How could those loads in the machine go unnoticed for 5-6 days?

Ditto ditto ditto. Yes, I live in the land of dust, wind and tumbleweeds. Remember one time I was on a plane coming home and a guy from S. Carolina sitting next to me was looking out the window having never been in this part of the world and was asking me where the water and green was. He actually thought he was going to be seeing cowboys and Indians. HAHA. We can actually have every season in one day and did just last week. On occasion we have had winter in the front yard and summer in the backyard and vice versa. Arizona, Australia and the Middle East are the only three places in the world who have those humongous rolling dust storms that engulfs everything and those are called "Haboobs" which really cracks me up.

Perhaps Ms. Jodi should have said she was in a haboob instead of a fog! :floorlaugh:

I agree, the weather here has been very strange this winter - I blame it on Ms. Arias' constantly changing demeanors - her aura is adversely affecting our local weather :floorlaugh:

Listening to Darryl Brewer's testimony. I didn't listen to all of this the first time around - this is interesting. Seems Darryl has some pretty meaningful info, but he is reluctant to be forthcoming. In fact, he seems nervous.

Good idea. Think I will take another listen as well.

I have 2 questions.

First, does anyone recall where in her testimony JA stated that her visible injury from the murder included her left ring finger? Did she actually say that? I need to see that video. If it's true, can someone point me to at least the day when she said it?

Also, remember this explosive exchange between TA and JA where he called her a "wonder" of sorts and a *advertiser censored*, and his friend said it was harsh? Have we seen that exchange between them, because I do not recall seeing this entire email/text exchange. And what date did this occur?

TIA!

In regards to young people today (in general) Every day there is something in the news about someone "killing" a lover or partner. It has become the norm of today's society. I live in a very small community and just within the last year there have been a couple of incidents where young women were killed by a husband/boyfriend. It scares me to death with my only daughter dating. It's like it's no big thing for people to kill on another anymore. Very scary!

I'm with you on this! It is a completely different world than when I was growing up. I too have daughters. Scary

so the part about showing the cd of vacation photos....was she trying to make him feel sentimental...did she force him to look at those with a gun to his head...?

I feel like there is more to this cd thing...maybe she looked at the cd on his computer while he was upstairs sleeping and she is the one that had trouble with the disk drive..I wonder if she was down there looking through his stuff...waiting to make sure everyone was gone...

she stayed in the house...I just feel it.

Ditto ditto ditto. Yes, I live in the land of dust, wind and tumbleweeds. Remember one time I was on a plane coming home and a guy from S. Carolina sitting next to me was looking out the window having never been in this part of the world and was asking me where the water and green was. He actually thought he was going to be seeing cowboys and Indians. HAHA. We can actually have every season in one day and did just last week. On occasion we have had winter in the front yard and summer in the backyard and vice versa. Arizona, Australia and the Middle East are the only three places in the world who have those humongous rolling dust storms that engulfs everything and those are called "Haboobs" which really cracks me up.

Sounds like where I'm from, 60 miles north of Abilene, Texas :cowboy:

I think it's true that many men will enjoy sex with a promiscuous woman but not want her for a long term relationship or marriage.

I'm over 50 & I know the youth of today are different from the youth of my day. When I was young women who slept with a man too soon were doing themselves a huge disservice if what they wanted was marriage or a committed relationship.

Isn't it still true today that if all a woman wants is s-e-x then being promiscuous is a good way to get that. But it's usually not a good way to get a husband?

In my 30's I had a male friend who told me " no man hates promiscuous women, because promiscuity to us is quite fun, just not long term, because of her being likely to cheat, and because of, the likelyhood of her being quite lacking of self respect".

Also don't most men like a challenge? and to "achieve" a woman? If she's too easy and there's no EFFORT required to get her into bed, then she's not "a prize". She had no "requirements".

I agree with you 1000%!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 questions.

First, does anyone recall where in her testimony JA stated that her visible injury from the murder included her left ring finger? Did she actually say that? I need to see that video. If it's true, can someone point me to at least the day when she said it?

Also, remember this explosive exchange between TA and JA where he called her a "wonder" of sorts and a *advertiser censored*, and his friend said it was harsh? Have we seen that exchange between them, because I do not recall seeing this entire email/text exchange. And what date did this occur?

TIA!

She said she cut that finger on a glass in Travis's kitchen just hours before the murder. (Yes, the same exact finger that Travis "broke" months earlier.)

Any guesses on what the DV expert is going to say?

I am really interested in what she is going to put out there. Honestly, I don't feel JA was abused, as the matter of degree of abuse is not so severe. A mom with a wooden spoon and a dad who disabled the car is really not abuse.

I guess what I am saying is that we see such horrific abuse out in the world and noone 'snaps' and kills anyone. The only case I can remember reading was the lady who burned her house down with the dh in it. I can't remember her name, his name was Mickey. The final straw that caused the breakdown was him burning her books for school (she was hoping to get away once she had something to support her children).

I don't know if I am asking clearly, but just wondering what exactly the DV expert can really say is abuse? The emotional back and forth seemed like it was two sided.

Kelly

MOO, and to be taken with a very large grain of salt, is that the DV expert will say that JA has classic signs of a battered woman: she continued to see him even when she alleges she didn't want to because she was afraid of him; she engaged in what might be termed unusual, even degrading sexual acts because she was afraid of him or so much under his control; not realizing that you are being coerced into doing things you don't want to is typical of an abuse victim; the abuse at the hands of her parents set her up for an abuser; all of her previous boyfriends treated her badly, another sign that she didn't recognize abuse and/or was so used to it that she accepted it as normal; that a normal woman in a normal relationship would never agree to a clandestine relationship like they had; that threatening and aggressive physical behavior by men causes her to have flashbacks.

And so on.

What will be really interesting to me is if JM asks why she didn't seem frightened by his aggressive questioning of her. That I would really like an explanation for.

I have 2 questions.

TIA!

I can answer your first question. It was Thursday's testimony, however I am not certain as to what time.

JM had her agree that the finger on her left hand was injured June 4th three times before she realized and tried to play it off as if she were confused about when they were talking about. She wanted to make it seem as if she meant the time Travis allegedly made a Popsicle stick splinter for her, even though that was completely out of context for the discussion, to which she even agreed instead of claiming "he was talking in circles" again.

I have 2 questions.

TIA!

It was during one of the times she was talking to Flores while she was sitting at the table. I'm sure it can be found here. I don't remember her saying it was the left finger specifcally, but that is the hand Flores is looking at. And all the scratches on her left arm...they came from her cat. Her FERRELL cat. :floorlaugh:
----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I misread your question. I didn't know you meant during her testimony

Good morning! I can't believe I'm still catching "new" stuff related to this trial but watching Dateline right now and seeing the interrogation tapes. Caught a part where he confronts JA on her road trip and she acts all "oh...a road trip? last year?" like she doesn't know what road trip he's talking about. I don't know the exact quote as i"m past it but she seamlessly immediately starts playing dumb.

I'm gonna ask on the lawyer thread if the jury can see ALL of the interrogations or just segments shown them in court.

Also are the entire interrogations online for US to view? Anybody know?

I want to ask all you Websleuthers a question regarding the knife. Let me prefice this by saying, I have not been able to follow this trial as closely as many of you have, so this may have been discussed. The knife. I know Jodi testified that she put it in the dishwasher, but i find it very strange that Juan never asked her about the disposition of the knife. He asked her about the gun and the rope (which we agree did not really exist, but had to come into play to explain how the knife was in the bathroom/bedroom). I have seen a photo of the open dishwasher with an evidence sticker in it next to some knives. Am I just overthinking this or do you think this is something that will be brought up on rebuttal? I can't believe he would grill her on all her lies and never bring up what she did with the knife unless he was going to take her word on that testimony.

I thought about that also. Juan is so through about every last detail, I couldn't believe he didn't question her regarding the knife. I can't believe Jodi had the b_lls to put it in the dishwasher, but I suppose you're right, maybe Juan knew that was the knife that she used, hence, the evidence sticker.

I have 2 questions.

TIA!

She said in the afternoon testimony, before the break, last Thursday. I know that from my notes because I was in there and on the break we were all freaking out at the "Perry Mason moment" of it. It really read that way in court to ALL of us sitting in there (that I talked to).

I was thinking long and hard about what OP have discussed if JA were their child. First, I would hope our children would come to us for help. Secondly, given these circumstances, I would strongly advise my child to plead guilty for LWOP. We would not even be here.

I think it's true that many men will enjoy sex with a promiscuous woman but not want her for a long term relationship or marriage.

I'm over 50 & I know the youth of today are different from the youth of my day. When I was young women who slept with a man too soon were doing themselves a huge disservice if what they wanted was marriage or a committed relationship.

Isn't it still true today that if all a woman wants is s-e-x then being promiscuous is a good way to get that. But it's usually not a good way to get a husband?

In my 30's I had a male friend who told me " no man hates promiscuous women, because promiscuity to us is quite fun, just not long term, because of her being likely to cheat, and because of, the likelyhood of her being quite lacking of self respect".

Also don't most men like a challenge? and to "achieve" a woman? If she's too easy and there's no EFFORT required to get her into bed, then she's not "a prize". She had no "requirements".

I'm a 30 year old male and can attest to this being correct.

Can you imagine! Knowing her dad was having dialysis and yet she threw him under the bus with her mom. Ugh.

oh, don't worry about her parents; just like CA, these type of parents don't mind being thrown to the wolves, anything to save their precious offspring, dontyaknow-- i mean look at JA's mother, laughin in the courtroom; does she look upset to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads