CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This discussion needs to move on. Brainstorming and theorizing is fine when it is fact-based. That's the way we roll here at WS, largely without exception. And if you can't link it, you can't post it.

Ten minute warning -- new thread coming. Be sure to bring your links.

To be fair, we are also using our imaginations into our theories and speculations too.

Although at least most of use facts and logic to back it up. So FutzBucket, did the alleged gunman shoot Elisa?

Elisa could of just screamed for help knowing the resident rooms are just twenty steps away from the elevator.

You know, I really thought he did shoot her, but I don't anymore, because you helped explain that pipe thing that explains the noise Mr. Diaz heard.

Then I'm not a typical Vancouverite either.

I don't really use Twitter, but there's not a lot of Canadian content on what I follow on FB/Tumblr--it's mostly stuff related to my own interests. In fact, I don't think I follow anything Vancouver-specific. I don't post pictures of Vancouver in general, because, well, I live here. I've lived here for years. It may be a pretty place, but it's normal to me. When I post pictures I've taken, they're usually of places I've visited, because to me that's way more interesting.

I think the path of verifying the Tumblr/Twitter as Elisa's has been pretty documented (I was skeptical at first, too). That said, I don't find the absence of local colour that unusual--IMO, the sort of person who finds it easier to connect with people online (frequently shy/introverted/geeky/a bit troubled) is often the sort of person who may not be terribly involved in life on a local level (no criticism meant; I'm that sort of person).

That said, FWIW, in the instagram account attached to that Twitter name there is a picture of the Vancouver library (it's a very distinctive building).

Welcome rainsodden (that's one nick i can totally understand) :)

Guess we're all just different. I barely use twitter (i have made a whole 3 tweets in my lifetime, and have only 1 follower, lol ... i have no clue who they are). But I follow my interests on twitter ... including activist sites, environmental, emergency information, Vancouver radio/tv/newspapers, cultural centre, museum, tourism, some philosophical stuff, along with other national and international interests.

Elisa was interested in the environment, pschology, hostelling, she was enrolled at a huge university ... yet out of 295 accounts she was following, none of those interests show up. Personally I find that odd while others don't.

So why wouldn't Elisa run to the stairwell (assuming there is one) instead of sitting in the elevator? 20 seconds is a lot of time in a fight or flight situation.

Robert -- maybe she did'nt run because she was confused and maybe never was threatened like that before ..and meeting violent people maybe was new to her as well, she did'nt know how to react?

Just MHO

So why wouldn't Elisa run to the stairwell (assuming there is one) instead of sitting in the elevator? 20 seconds is a lot of time in a fight or flight situation.

I believe because she's practically blind without her glasses, and she doesn't know where exactly she is in the hotel.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM&feature=player_detailpage#t=90s"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

You may notice that while she hits all the buttons in the middle row, she really hammers the "14" button and the "HOLD DOOR" button. I believe she does this, because she's convinced the "14" button is the button for the 4th floor.

Robert -- maybe she did'nt run because she was confused and maybe never was threatened like that before ..and meeting violent people maybe was new to her as well, she did'nt know how to react?

Just MHO

I think peeing myself might be the first on my "to do " list. But, hey .. that's just me :floorlaugh:

This thread is now closed. Please continue at thread #5.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200638"]CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike