100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how it would come in now anyway. Well, the point is what the jury believes and if they think she is lying which sounds likely as her other instance of the three different amounts for fill up didn't make sense. One definitive lie is all they need but I think JM will be able to close with others by going over the transcripts with varying stories which means one has to be a lie.

Part of the Gas Can issue is between her car and "only" 2 five gallon cans, its very iffy that she can make it down to AZ and out without leaving a trail in AZ.
She almost has to fill back up at the border of CA before entering AZ which we don't see she did.

With a 3rd gas can the extra 5 gallons x mileage she gets on the car, she has a good gas supply. She said she did not have 3.. some nervous statement she probably made? they have evidence she bought a five gallon can also, making 3.

so she makes up a fast story, OH that, I returned it, like an hour later and got cash, so can't find record of it. They have been trying to show she had 3 all along.

She then leaves Utah, and filled the car with the large amount, then the next amount is equal to filling 2 cans that Darryl gave her. THEN poof? hey what is the $19? oh silly us, just exactly what it cost to fill a 5 gallon can?

the mystery can you did NOT return. You had gas to zoom all over without being detected!

So here is the can and another lie. Buying cans, etc.. all premeditation she was needing to get in and out of AZ and not stop at a station for gas. And that worked.

Til now

pants_on_fire.jpg

I noticed that too!!!! Did she rent the car from the airport? If she purchased an airline ticket, which hasn't been brought up yet, surely Juan would mention it?

Could the dates have been out of sequence? Maybe it is for a ticket to Cancun. Purchased before June 4, of course.

is there any way he could re-construct the exact height of the closet???? that would put her on death row.

"The redirect went fine, now the 3rd gas can is mine!....Oh! I feel a cold sore coming on!" Campho Phenique!"

I always knew I was invisible...
nobody answers my gas cans and gas Q?

see pages 117 and 118. I and several others have answered why we feel the gas cans and gas are such a big deal. The thread is flying too fast to catch responses sometimes, but rest assured you aren't invisible or being ignored :)

I'm thinking that we have some smart jurors here. They KNEW JM would follow up on these very important issues! :great:

I don't remember - does anyone have a direct quote regarding her saying she cut herself on a margarita glass?

And, why is it so important to her to deny that she had 3 gas cans, instead of two? Were there any records of her buying gas in AZ?

"I was just moving too fast and I was being… I was a little bit clumsy, not intentionally, but I just um… There's a metal shelf beneath the bar and that’s where they all sit and cool off, because when they come out of the dish washer they’re really hot… So they have to cool off before we put margaritas in them or they’ll crack. So I was rotating the cool ones from the back out and putting the hot ones in the back…and as I was reaching in with my hand I hit some of the metal and I think it peeled back some of the skin and I think it was a wound," said Arias."

http://www.hlntv4u.com/article/2013/03/04/live-blog-arias-fights-her-life

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please remember if you find a blog or some sort of written opinion that you wish to post we require two things:

1- The article be from a recognized main stream media outlet

2- You only post a short snippet and link to the rest of the article.

Blogs rarely count as main stream media. If you have any questions contact the moderator of the forum.

The moderators of this forum are listed on this page
Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community on the bottom right hand corner.

Thank you,
Tricia

Jumping off your post..

Didn't JA testify she paid for the gas can with her debit card? Walmart will not ever give you cash back if you paid with a card. They store all that information in their computer. Also, their policies are very strict due to inventory and online sales/pick-ups.

I caught that oops moment immediately Angel.

IMO

Why would TRAVIS have a margarita glass? He does not drink, and I would guess that no one in his life did, either.

I thought she said she cut her finger on the hot margarita glass at work, and on a drinking glass at Travis' house after having some water.

OK...the cut she said was at Travis's house. That's the margarita glass. At least that's how I remembered it.

She did say she cut it on a metal shelf at work on 5/31 I believe and took pictures of it. Then she said that she was putting the margarita glass at Travis's house away and broke it and cut herself.

That's my recollection anyway.

She did mention margarita glasses at the restaurant tho IIRC. She said they were hot from the dishwasher and she was rotating them on the shelf and bringing the cool glasses forward and putting hot glasses in back.

I haven't heard any reference to the type of car Jodi rented.

I would assume it would be something mid-sized or smaller that would get at least 25 MPG on at least a 12-15 gallon tank. She should have been able to drive 300-400 miles on a full tank. Another 15 gallons would allow her to drive at least another 400 miles, for a total of 700-800 miles.

By my calculation, if Pasadena is really the last place she filled up - she would need to travel from Pasadena to Mesa to presumably I-15 in Nevada (getting here would cover up her tracks since it is on the way from California to Utah)

This total route would be approximately 700 miles. Having the extra gas tank would ensure that she could make it undetected WITHOUT STOPPING TO FILL UP AGAIN.

Her story about stopping to "FILL UP" in Desert Center, CA AND Buckeye, AZ is a complete LIE. These destinations are only about 150 miles apart. There is no car in the Enterprise rental fleet that only goes 150 between fill ups. NONE!

JM has her dead in the cross hairs!

Why did she need to fill the cans in SLC when there was no reason for her to hide her trip back to Yreka?

OK someone is going to have to listen again but JM mentioned something about there being an account of her grandparents.

If you look more closely, there are different purchases between her gas charges, the rental car, etc.

She can't be getting gas in Monterey, Pasadena, killing in Arizona and filling up in Nevada multiple times.

So I am going to say that this is her grandparents account? That's why she had to fill up using the same method of purchase that last time...she had run out of her own money and was using her "emergency" card.

That's my take anyway. \

So to me that plane ticket could be for someone else, not Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500