CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we are...thread #43.

Are we any closer to getting answers? Do most feel Dylan will be found and whomever is responsible will pay for what they did?

First, my apologies to all. I'm almost afraid to post, because I keep breaking the rules. I've read the rules, just not getting through to my brain I guess. (Makes me feel a bit dim.) Want you to know, I do care and am not intentionally flaunting the guidelines. Slow learner.

I'm not so sure DR will be found. Only because of the length of time available to hide him. Someone posted statistics that women perpetrators tend to hide their victim close to home and men tend to hide them miles away.

That said, I've been going over videos and noticed in one, up against the house where there are large rocks, tools, what looks like a yellow tarp and a concrete slab with lots of things piled on it. (Made me think of the Miranda and Ashley case in Oregon.) Sometimes the best place to hide is right out in the open. Not likely, but it did sort of give me shivers.

0:28 "Cops Quiz Father of Missing Colorado Boy" Published 11/30/12 by KRQE on YouTube.

RSBM

Here's some related information -

She remembers receiving the text Nov. 19 from Mark Redwine and contacting the Bayfield Marshal’s Office to report Dylan missing. She headed to the area after work.

Elaine, Hall and family members reached the area around midnight.

By 1 a.m., they began their personal search.

“Panic set in,” Hall said.

They knocked on doors, stopped at the convenience store, woke up neighbors looking for Dylan, he said. They didn’t find anything.

The next day, a search-and-rescue team arrived and the searches grew in size and scope, with up to a couple hundred made up of community members.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/mom-149885-monument-disappearance.html#ixzz2MuNlOMu2

Elaine had the clothing delivered the weekend after the Monday Dylan went missing -

But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

When they arrived, LE said they didn't need them, but could use them later. This gave me the impression there was no pressing need for them, and that makes me think that there were scent items from the house. LE never said they didn't have scent items. This is just my opinion, of course.

Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #26

AND...they were out searching that same night!! Was MR out searching that night?

It's a 5.5-6 hour drive and they were there by midnight. It's not like she could jump in the car and drive down the block.

And here we are...thread #43.

Are we any closer to getting answers? Do most feel Dylan will be found and whomever is responsible will pay for what they did?

for some reason I really think he will be found. Esp since ER is pursuing the search on her own. If she left it to LE, I wouldn't be so sure. But a determined mom will find her child, eventually.
I also think with the body, they will charge the responsible party. I think they have enough other evidence to tie suspect #1 to the crime, but need the body to prove DR is dead. I think cause of death won't even matter, if they can't determine it. But they may be able to. And it will show he was dead before he entered the water. And MR doesn't know they can determine this.

This sounds like 'no urgency'?

They knocked on doors, stopped at the convenience store, woke up neighbors looking for Dylan, he said. They didn’t find anything.

for some reason I really think he will be found. Esp since ER is pursuing the search on her own. If she left it to LE, I wouldn't be so sure. But a determined mom will find her child, eventually.
I also think with the body, they will charge the responsible party. I think they have enough other evidence to tie suspect #1 to the crime, but need the body to prove DR is dead. I think cause of death won't even matter, if they can't determine it. But they may be able to. And it will show he was dead before he entered the water. And MR doesn't know they can determine this.

I agree! And I think the clock is ticking.... Elaine will find her son and nothing will stop her.

Again, I am reminded of Desiree Young, with all the determination in the world, and yet, really, she seems no closer to finding Kyron, despite trying everything she can think of.

Assume no other evidence is found. Death prior to entering the water makes it worse for Mark, but, IMO, does not exclude other possible perpetrators. That's why I said I'm worried method and/or perpetrator may not be determined by finding Dylan. :(

ETA: so definitely hoping additional evidence IS found with Dylan.

Again, I am reminded of Desiree Young, with all the determination in the world, and yet, really, she seems no closer to finding Kyron, despite trying everything she can think of.

I think if Dylan is in the Lake, they will find him this Spring. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're right.

OT: Michelle Parker's mom is suing Dale for wrongful death.

RSBM

She remembers receiving the text Nov. 19 from Mark Redwine and contacting the Bayfield Marshal’s Office to report Dylan missing. She headed to the area after work.

The next day, a search-and-rescue team arrived and the searches grew in size and scope, with up to a couple hundred made up of community members.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/mom-149885-monument-disappearance.html#ixzz2MuNlOMu2

Elaine had the clothing delivered the weekend after the Monday Dylan went missing -

When they arrived, LE said they didn't need them, but could use them later. This gave me the impression there was no pressing need for them, and that makes me think that there were scent items from the house. LE never said they didn't have scent items. This is just my opinion, of course.

Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #26

I thought MR went to the Marshall's Office.

Did ER not contact the SO office?

Well dang, I thought there were searches that night?

I was pretty sure they were searching with K9's that night and the next day.

Am I totally confused?

RSBM

I guess it wasn't 10 days, it was only about a week before they got them. The 10 days must have been the SW for the house. :blushing: Thanks

Ok hold it here.

Was ER not looking for footprints that night? Did she not state that they did not find footprints?

Of course then there is that one comment from CR that seems like there must of been footprints when he asked MR why he noticed the fishing rod before the bike and footprints?

So confused.

Well dang, I thought there were searches that night?

I was pretty sure they were searching with K9's that night and the next day.

Am I totally confused?

I could be wrong (I seem to be on a roll!), but I thought they stopped the search the first night so searchers didn't scare him off if he had run away, or something like that. It seems like it was to encourage him to call someone that night. They did start searching again the next day. MOO

I could be wrong (I seem to be on a roll!), but I thought they stopped the search the first night so searchers didn't scare him off if he had run away, or something like that. It seems like it was to encourage him to call someone that night. They did start searching again the next day. MOO

Thanks for refreshing my mind on that.

That is correct they did stop the search, so what doors were ER and them knocking on?

I was pretty sure she said they went looking for footprints but maybe they were knocking on doors.

I thought MR went to the Marshall's Office.

Did ER not contact the SO office?

That whole thing seems a bit scrambled too. He has said at one time he contacted her and then went to the Marshall's Office, and at another time said he contacted her from the Marshall's Office.

She has said he told her Dylan was missing sometime between 4:30 and 5:00, and that she immediately called the Sheriff's Office, but LE has said that they were first called by MR at about 6 pm.

Take your pick. :banghead::twocents:

Was it not on NG that she stated she went home packed a bag and grabbed Corey then came to Durango?

I thought MH came later?

I remember a discussion about how could they see footprints in the dark, so I think it was that first night. I can't remember which interview it was that we determined it was that night. Maybe Blasius?

Thanks for refreshing my mind on that.

That is correct they did stop the search, so what doors were ER and them knocking on?

I was pretty sure she said they went looking for footprints but maybe they were knocking on doors.

She's said they were knocking on neighbor's doors, but I have no idea what neighbors. They've said that MH and CR walked somewhere (I don't remember how far it was) looking for footprints, but it seems like it was at least a few days later. MOO

ETA: Maybe I should shut up and wait for ^^^^somebody else to answer instead of just guessing! MOO

Well I am truly confused.

How many family members came that night?

How many could fit in a vehicle? I guess that would depend on what they were driving, but I would be curious to know how many came that night.

So, about the uncut version of Dr Phil that LE is trying to obtain

Going back to Scott Peterson, there was that interview he did with (?) that LE wanted uncut footage. Can't recall...did they get it in that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member