***Day 2 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm open mind? I think you have pretty much decided that the police are 'not to be relied upon' and are dicking around the Baden-Clays. Are you comfortable with this view or just being a devils advocate for the purpose of stirring things around. Please don't use this so called cynicism and contrariness as an excuse to hide behind your point of view - if you believe in justice for Allison then shout your point of view from the rooftops as we on here do. Just don't get aggravated- show why you believe - this is why we are here! For that reason only!!! NONE of us have personal vendettas against anyone. Yes the majority of people here have a similar but differing perspective from you so show us your open mind. Seriously telling us the case resembles Azaria (from which new policing policies were probably developed) and then stating the police haven't done their job because hey they are corrupt and only want a result makes you equally responsilbe for supporting these facts.

We believe Allison was innocent - if you believe differently you can always show us how!

Bloody well said dont hold back:great:

Indeed! Given the very close relationship between the police and the media (they tend to feed each other) one does indeed wonder. Could it be that they were "encouraged" not to???

I really think that is taking the self-styled contrarian attitude too far. WHY would the police encourage the media not to report it? Especially when the knowledge is public? The bail hearing affidavits were available for anyone who wanted to obtain them.

So you're suggesting that the police tried to hush it up? Even though the error was recognised AND CORRECTED? Why would they correct it if they didn't want it known that there had been an error?

Gimme a break!

I really think that is taking the self-styled contrarian attitude too far. WHY would the police encourage the media not to report it? Especially when the knowledge is public? The bail hearing affidavits were available for anyone who wanted to obtain them.

So you're suggesting that the police tried to hush it up? Even though the error was recognised AND CORRECTED? Why would they correct it if they didn't want it know that there had been an error?

Gimme a break!

Yeah doc agree totally. <modsnip>

Even if no records can be shown that GBC called his family that night, we have to remember that he could have just driven there to ask for assistance.

yep or taken a shortcut through the back gate that adjoins the neighbours :moo:

Yes always though it was a bit sus that it was "discovered" at the 11th hour just before the the bail hearing and seemed to be used to strengthen the suspicion that there were accessories afoot!

Again I think it so wrong to imply that the police working on this case, and judges, are corrupt.

It would very silly of the police to make something up and I reckon they're alot smarter than that.

From my point of view there is alot more suss on the other side of the case. GBC's lawyers job is to cast doubt over everything the prosecution has to offer... it's just his job. Doesn't even mean he believes what he is saying himself.

You mentioned earlier that you felt it was wrong that GBC's parents names have been dragged through mud... but I'm thiniking his daughters and Allison's family have a much harder thing to deal with than that... plus they have also been thrown into the public eye when they probably just wanted to retire and enjoy their life... with their grandchildren visiting with their daughter sometimes. Now they are raising those grandchildren under awful circumstances. So To ME It's them I feel sorry for.

Yes I went today but am working again tonight and I have to complete some domestic duties so will post later I went from around 3.15 onwards saw GBC three times.

I do agree, but I'm pretty sure they actually relied on it as evidence in the first bail hearing - not a good look unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure the FaceTime call intel came to them just before the first bail hearing

Sorry to go against the grain here but I am pretty sure that after the second bail hearing it was in the media that the FaceTime call had been disproven. I'll do some googling later tonight. It wasn't made a big deal of, but I am sure it was made public.

I hope to go to the courtroom tomorrow.

Sorry to go against the grain here but I am pretty sure that after the second bail hearing it was in the media that the FaceTime call had been disproven. I'll do some googling later tonight. It wasn't made a big deal of, but I am sure it was made public.

Yes I thought so too -- there was even a discussion on it on here

hmm open mind? I think you have pretty much decided that the police are 'not to be relied upon' and are dicking around the Baden-Clays. Are you comfortable with this view or just being a devils advocate for the purpose of stirring things around. Please don't use this so called cynicism and contrariness as an excuse to hide behind your point of view - if you believe in justice for Allison then shout your point of view from the rooftops as we on here do. Just don't get aggravated- show why you believe - this is why we are here! For that reason only!!! NONE of us have personal vendettas against anyone. Yes the majority of people here have a similar but differing perspective from you so show us your open mind. Seriously telling us the case resembles Azaria (from which new policing policies were probably developed) and then stating the police haven't done their job because hey they are corrupt and only want a result makes you equally responsilbe for supporting these facts.

We believe Allison was innocent - if you believe differently you can always show us how!

Well Said Liadan!

Yes, I am pretty sure the disproven face time call was not hushed up... so many people already knew about it.

Imo He has gained weight - probs what we looks like in the mustard jacket shots - he appeared courteous in his dealings with his lawyer and the court staff but did not look at the gallery - his hair had gray peppered throughout but was predom light to med brown. There was around. 20 or so on the gallery all seats on the front left side row were reserved and full, I think these were the seats where maybe you could see him in the glass box he was behind? But I didn't venture over there to see. Around 8 plus journos, the rest were a mix of very young teens m and f and a group of men and women 50 plus.

Prosecution and defense very professional and sharp.

Yes I thought so too -- there was even a discussion on it on here

It was apparently mentioned at the second bail hearing in the affidavit which some have purchased.

It wasn't mentioned in MSM, there were no links to support it...hence, discussions about it were not allowed.

Did any members attend court today? Any going tomorrow?

Yep I was there from After lunch till end of proceedings. OW made an appearance too as we were all settling in to resume proceedings.
GBC sure DOES NOT like looking in the direction of the public gallery thats for sure!
I almost let out an audible groan at the way Peter Davis was trying (Desperately) to discredit the forensic findings on the phone. If I can make it along tomorrow I'll take my laptop and keep the updates coming.

Yes always though it was a bit sus that it was "discovered" at the 11th hour just before the the bail hearing and seemed to be used to strengthen the suspicion that there were accessories afoot!

Lycheefarmer I dont have a problem with you trying to get others to see things from another point of view, infact I think it is good. It ticks me off at first because I am convinced he is guilty but then I see the positives.

Regarding the facetime call, even if it wasnt mentioned, I think there would have been something else strong enough to deny bail. Apart from the sad and shocking loss of Allison, the rest of it seems like a ridiculous joke with all the lies and bs he has spat out.

It was apparently mentioned at the second bail hearing in the affidavit which some have purchased.

It wasn't mentioned in MSM, there were no links to support it...hence, discussions about it were not allowed.

Marly, I do recall you said you'd read in the CM about the Face Time call being disproven. It was not posted on the CM website but was available as hard copy. I was hoping that you would have scanned the article and posted it here for us.

Does it matter about the face time call? The phone was still put on charger around 1.48am.... when Gerard was apparently fast asleep.

Marly, I do recall you said you'd read in the CM about the Face Time call being disproven. It was not posted on the CM website but was available as hard copy. I was hoping that you would have scanned the article and posted it here for us.

No Makara, it wasn't me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member