Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it 1:00pm yet?

In some areas of the maritimes it is but then again the trial won't start for them until 2pm. 60 minutes more :great: Jodi is handcuffed and traveling in the back of some caged van as we speak or she's sitting behind a cage at the courthouse plotting with Nurmi.

I'm hoping the Alexander family used the break to get some rest from this torture they are being put through. Sending prayers for their ongoing strength. T-Dog would be so proud of them.

I am always struck by how beautiful his family is--they are always impeccably dressed & groomed; they are always appropriate in the courtroom--even when it gets hard to keep your composure & you can see they are deriving their collective strength from their love for Travis.

This trial is "The Ultimate Reality Show on Steroids"

I only brought that post back because my girls had put those spiderman underware on a big stuffed dog and that picture on my screen saver this morning! ! I tried to show/post it, but they have it saved under "jodiben", and it doesn't have a URL number. I can't figure out how to post it. I swear I laughed until I cried.

Can anyone help me figure out how to show this picture? IT WILL BE A GOOD LAUGH I PROMISE YOU!!!

I think Jodi is someone who has lied at great length all her life. Yes, she does see it as a game. But now she finds herself in a situation where people are not only seeing through her lies but are confronting her about it. I don't think she knows what to do. Telling the truth has never been part of her MO. All she can do is repeat the lies more forcefully, because she has nothing else. JMO

yes and because she believes her own nonsense.

I haven't seen or want to see the final day's sex pics, so I don't know whether Travis looks in any way "forced", but I totally agree with Anagrammy about the foreseeable and monumental consequences Travis realized by then of letting Jodi back into his life for even the briefest time. Those shower pics are inexplicable to me.

A juror did ask whether Travis was tied up on June 4th.

Wildabouttrial has a new pic of JA...the pose looks like "Hummmm, what lies can I tell today?"

I'm hoping the Alexander family used the break to get some rest from this torture they are being put through. Sending prayers for their ongoing strength. T-Dog would be so proud of them.

and JM too. Travis would love JM!

Are your daughters married? Can I introduce them to my sons? They're really nice boys. One of them used to be a vet tech, too. I would love to have someone with a sense of humor join the family! :floorlaugh:

Oh how funny!
I told my boyfriend and friends not to call me because I'll be n court Wednesday thurs fri this week.

I counted 15 passes by the white group, 21 passes by the black group, 11 steps by the gorilla along with 6 times pounding chest, 3 elevator doors, 2 "S"s spray painted on the walls near the center 2 elevators.

However, then I went into a fog...

- Jodi Arias

But, I wouldn't exactly call it passes, but ok. And the white group had 6 + 9 passes, so in my mind, that's not 15, that's 6+9. I'd rather not demonstrate it.

Have taken a 4 day break from all things JA. Almost. Can't seem to stop thoughts about the trial popping up when I least expect them to.

I'm sure this is no revelation and has been discussed many times in many ways. Lat night, though, my mind shifted the kalidescope of testimony/evidence ever so slightly, and the pieces fell into a point of view I think it's possible JA held.

JA's past relationships demonstrate that she never acknowledged much less respected other's boundaries or privacy. JA has a 100% track record of being controlling, possessive, and utterly self-absorbed. As well,she has proven incapable of fashioning any life of her own for herself. She is like a formless ball of clay, requiring a mold-- a man- to wrap herself around in order to have any identity at all.

Given all that is true- and IMO, it is, then what was so different about her relationship with Travis Alexander that led to his murder?

IMO the Fatal Attraction--"if I can't have him nobody can"-- interpretation is way too simplistic and misses the mark. JA never loved Travis- she is incapable of genuine attachment of any kind. She had/has no friends of her own, male or female. Subtract Travis's friends and his church/ business circles she relentlessly inserted herself into and what is left is her small handful of ex-boyfriends. Travis as possession, perhaps, but love? Nah.

Come mid to late May 2008, she still wanted TA, whatever that meant to her. Travis was clearly trying to distance himself. Her endless manipulations and "drama," the tools she had always used, successfully, to keep her talons in him were failing her. Travis was going to move on, and without her. IMO Cancun with Mimi made her extremely angry, yes, but that was only half the story.

JA knew that Travis kept the end months of their "relationship" secret, and she knew that he did so because his friends didn't like her/were creeped out by her. The benefit to JA of that secrecy, though, was that Travis was telling only a very few of his closest friends about JA's increasing hostility and bizarre behavior.

If only a few of T's Arizona buddies knew who and what she really was, she could in theory move on herself and latch onto another innocent Mormon guy, her preferred class of victim.

But Travis wasn't just calling it quits with her. He called her a sociopath and a *advertiser censored*. He told her his friends would spit in her face if they knew the truth about her, and he threatened to expose the truth about her- both her sexual and crazy behavior- to her family and to his friends.

I think the threat of having her normality mask removed by Travis absolutely panicked JA. HE would be able to move on and get married, but SHE would a pariah, denied her victim pool of Mormons and PPL folk. Poof would go the easy access to the life TA showed her that she immediately saw as her right and due-- the traveling, the nice house and car, the income she'd never earn as a part time waitress at Denny's.

I think she killed him to silence him. I think she snuck into his house and tried to plant incriminating "evidence" on his computer while he still slept. I think she had sex with him to demonstrate that she still held power over him, and I think that she screamed about HER destroying HIM as she stabbed him and slit his throat.

I think that this trial, from JA's warped sociopathic view, is providing her with the satisfaction of doing to HIM what he threatened to do to HER. He would tell the world about HER whoredom? She trumps him by lying about affairs with married women, spins woe is me tales of tootsie pops and raunchy fantasies (taped for the express purpose of exposing him), and from the darkest recesses of her sick mind, accuses him of pedophilia. Take THAT, Travis.

HE would tell the world about HER viciousness and psycho behavior? She trumps him again by manufacturing her accusations of physical abuse. Take THAT, Travis.

Every accusation she makes outright and slips in under her breath or under the radar is a gigantic FU to Travis. She's gleeful and triumphant and cocky because she is getting the opportunity of a lifetime to obliterate Travis the way she felt he was poised to do to her.

Personally I'm glad in one way that she's so wrapped up in her pursuit for revenge that she's single-handedly destroying any possibility the jury will want to spare her life. Poetic justice at its finest.

The doors were never locked. I can't imagine her standing meekly on the stoop hoping to be admitted. I'd like to hope that if he knew she was coming, he'd have made sure someone else was around to keep temptation at bay.

I think he may have agreed to see her because she had told him she had the tape of the phone sex and she was willing to bring it to him and let him destroy it. Then temptation set in...

Excellent post, my friend.

Do you think he would have agreed to see her if she offered to "apologize" for her behavior? Perhaps to discuss her going to her bishop as well? That's my theory for being the only reason he might open the door to her on June 4th.

Absolutely not. The fact that he was not already excommunicated would be conditional on him not seeing Jodi Arias again. Mormons who are engaged to marry are allowed to continue the relationship but they often have required weekly counseling and curtailment of activities like being alone on dates or alone in a house together, etc. Since Travis was not going to marry JA and had already broken up with her, any "seeing" of her would imply a sexual liaison. Why else would he be seeing her? The bishop would never buy that.

Moreover, he would be sending a message to all the single ladies that he was still with his by-then longtime girlfriend. She had told one person already that they were having oral sex, so that was no doubt all over the gossip train, further ruining his chances. That is my guess why Mimi told Travis she was not interested in him. She heard he had oral with Jodi, he was too aggressive with her and she talked to her mother about it. A Mormon mother hearing that would say absolutely not! Mimi hesitated about even going to Cancun with Travis because he was already having his reputation sullied by being associated with tire-slashing, sex-blabbing JA. She explained on the stand that she only went because they would be in a group, staying with friends and she had been there before, knew the situation would be innocent, etc.

Remember, that Travis going to the bishop would mean Jodi's bishop would be notified and call her into his office. This is like being called into the principal's office when you were a kid times ten. You are being summoned. Being that she did not voluntarily come forward, chances are she would be charged, found guilty in a "Court of Love" and excommunicated. A convert from California will usually be blamed as the instigator, especially since this one is a blonde bombshell wearing lowcut blouses and, on occasion, no bra. Culpability is a big deal.

When I was confessing, they made me go through embarrassing details to "establish" who was "at fault." (Who took your clothes off? You or him?) Since I was a convert, my boyfriend was not punished. He was thought to have fallen under my spell....lol! I married him, so all was forgiven.

Sign me a retired former Brunette Bombshell....

Yep. But, she was strong enough to do what she did to Travis. Rage will do that to you. I believe she was in a rage the entire trip to Travis's. She had a "goal". I'm a petite person, but I can carry much more than 40 lbs (if I want). I moved a huge dresser a couple weeks ago by myself, couldn't move after but got it done. LOL Mind over matter.

I'm small too. My husband says I'm one strong little sh**. :)

Teresa

Has anyone gone back to watch Jodi on her Direct Exam? WHAT A BAD LIAR!!! Her description of the crime is so rehearsed and fake--she is trying to force or fake an appropriate reaction, but she can only sit there with her mouth open highlighting her buck teeth. She looks like a sewer rat!

from Day 20

Last night I tuned back into the case, watching NG. I was just appalled - moreso than watching the first time - by her total disrespect for JM (and therefore the Court) and her snarky, insolent attitude. The lying is so flagrant. Too bad the jurors can't watch some things again. Seeing it a second time is revealing in that I was focused more on demeanor than content, and it's really very telling.

I started out with an open mind, but all I can see now is a very hateful woman.

Must finish housework! Cannot be distracted when Juan returns! Won't let you guys stop me! Back! Back! No more seducing me with humor and insight! Stop!

lol, I'll bet you're still here, aren't you...hitting refresh in between dusting endtables, we know...it's okay :great:

Just dropping in to say Hello to everyone! I haven't been able to post for the last week as I was visiting in the great State of AZ. I flew into PHX on Monday 4th and so wanted to go to the trial but was not able to. I convinced my hosts to watch parts of the trial on the 5th - 7th and they could not believe that JA was actually claiming "self defense" when they heard nothing of a defense in those 2 days. They had not been following the case and I was happy to see that their opinion was unbiased and pro-prosecution.

I am back home (and so happy to see trees and grass again) and will be posting pseudo-transcripts today. I have missed my fellow WS'rs and was "jonesing" for a forum "fix" for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member