Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disasociative amnesia can last minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, lifetime . .. .

don't recall what happened during that period of time . . they usually can have memory again unless severe damage to hippocampus . ..

from start to the end point . . .criminal event or otheremotionally charged events . . . perps of horrible crimes can also develop PTsD can be a result of the crime. . . . ie; soldiers, police officers who shoot in line of duty . . . up to 30% . . . several different studies included in these numbers.. ...affect younger people more than older people especially in their 20s and 30s . .

responsible for transient amnesia because the memory are not formed . . . .

transient global amnesia . . . functional

in general population . . .. between 3 - 8 per 100K per year . . . develop this
sudden emersion into cold or hot water . . . . sexual . . . . every day situation still prone to TGA

it clouds or lack of memory for people immersed in hot or cold water . .. don't remember beginning or end or whole time . . . . some times they get memory back . . . it begins to restore self over period of time . . . .we think it has to do with the degree of the shock . .

stressful situation over . . . hippocampus can begin to work again . . . .memory more likely to return gradual . . . gradual restoration to it's normalcy .. .. new memory can be reformed. . .

their memory could be spotty in that transitional period . . . . gradual restoreation to normalcy . . . .. gradually comes back over period of time . . . not linear . . . up and down . . . .

they might remember certain things and nt remember others. . . .goes up and down . . .can remember things close to the event and hard to remember further away . . .only speaking generally

this article the stressed hippocampus, synaptic plasticity and lost memores

rodent and human research . . .memory not formed when hormones chemicals adrenaline just doesn't all it

acute stress lasts how long?
long term stress can be bad for people even more than acute short term stress . . . ocurrs over short period of time body cannot handle it . . . . diagnosis for acute stress d/o for a couple of months.

within 2 months of te onset of the event . . . .certain symptoms exist during that period . . . . use diagnosis for a couple of months . . . . 1 o 2 weeks . . few hours or sometimes a few minutes . . . short duration . . .. memory gaps . amnesia follows. . .. from hippocampus

Will you guys help me if I nod off?

yawn.gif

I want to see the study that shows that sociopaths don't feel the same level of stress after a homicide as normal people ...

This testimony is very scary because you can see JA studying this very carefully. It is like a psychology class for her, and she is taking it all in. Who knows what she will be able to do with this information. (Which of course, this guy will say anything so he can bill the state (DT) big $$$$. And JA knows this is all nonsense when it relates to her case.

I don't think they can recall her, can they?:please:

I would have a lot of questions for this expert.
Statistically speaking is it more likely for a criminal to be lying or suffering amnesia?

I don't get this. Trauma sufferers relive their trauma all the time. This doesn't make sense.
Relive, yes, but not necessarily remember in a true sense. Some survivors of abuse I've known will often have flashbacks and nightmares but a very disjointed memory of events. And not just the triggering event - but some have memory problems far beyond just the initial trauma.

I feel like I'm explaining this very poorly. It's almost like your body remembers, your brain 'knows' what happened, but not everybody remembers it like scenes from a movie - for some, its hazy, disjointed, and they're able only to kinda piecemeal things together from their flashbacks, nightmares, and onlooker's accounts.

That's just my personal understanding though.

This is spectacular BS!!!! And, if this man interviewed JA 12 times, and he didn't pick up on the fact that she's a psychopathic, lying, murderer, well, I really don't have much faith in what his diagnosis of her may be!!!

Attention Please!

We have to move over to a new thread. Please be ready for this thread to lock within the next 15 minutes.

Please continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201890"]trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

TIA
fran
:seeya:

I am not understanding if he is basing his theory on her lying story about the ninja and then she changed it...a year after first meeting with her.

It really just blows his entire theory out of the water if this whole thing was based on lies.

No first they say they were never there, then they say ninja's did it, then they did it, but I was in a fog.. yep sounds good to me.

Okay her attorney really is not helping the defense case. She comes off to me as not beleiving this BS either. I cannot tell that he is an expert witness since he is just reading articles instead of going off his long term career.

Nothing he is saying really pertains to the facts of this case. Hopefully Juan will be able to debunk this testimony.

I am a retired soldier who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and also suffers from PTSD. HOW DARE he use this analogy in referring to JA's so called fognisha. This is truly disgusting!

Thank you-- for your service. I hope our country provides you with care for PTSD and support for everything else you've earned and deserve now and always. And again, Thank you.

This guy is so Mickey-Mouse. Is this the best he could cobble together for trial?

This trial is a football game. Score is 35-3 for Team Juan and Jodi has the ball with no time-outs and one quack expert left. Can't wait for the verdict.

Time has definitely slowed way the F&%*$ down for these poor jurors

Oh look whos paying attention now. You're talking about me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX