Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found another little tidbit of info....thought this info might be helpful....
http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2013-03-18/fbi-texas-rangers-seek-identify-body-scurry-county

Dean declined to pinpoint the location where the body was found, but said it was well off the beaten path and out of cellphone range.

IIRC there were huge sections around there that had no cell service. Somewhere on the SAR thread are the cell reception maps that we overlaid very early on.

The Scurry county line is only 2.3 miles down CR 3236 from FM 1298, so we know the remains are no further than 2.3 miles which is not too far.

Now if we could just hack into a live sat. feed.....:great:

I was hoping it was a buried body, at least then they'd have some idea of the height ... I guess if they find a major leg bone they could have a better idea even if it is far from conclusive and able to be released?? Maybe there is a flipflop, we can hope. I am worried there will be no evidence at all of any worth :(

gonna ramble ... It feels like a "sign" to me these remains are found on the date that Sierra LaMar disappeared. I came back and started participating here when the Big Spring remains were found, I had a gut full of the statement analysis blog which is where I initially discussed Hailey's disappearance. I randomly started following along Sierra's case. I would love these two girls to be found. It has really disillusioned me how many just go *poof* gone.

more rambling, I really don't have much faith in the LE there and I am glad the FBI is there.

and more again about "ugly fields" ... I hope the animosity between those two is still smouldering and this fans it into a full blown fire

Look closely at photo number 4. It has a lot of background info. What is that in the background? Snyder? They are coming off of a dirt road too. 3236 looks wider than the road LE is coming off of. If that is Snyder in the background, the vehicles are coming from the lake onto 3236 I think.

I was hoping it was a buried body, at least then they'd have some idea of the height ... I guess if they find a major leg bone they could have a better idea even if it is far from conclusive and able to be released?? Maybe there is a flipflop, we can hope. I am worried there will be no evidence at all of any worth :(

gonna ramble ... It feels like a "sign" to me these remains are found on the date that Sierra LaMar disappeared. I came back and started participating here when the Big Spring remains were found, I had a gut full of the statement analysis blog which is where I initially discussed Hailey's disappearance. I randomly started following along Sierra's case. I would love these two girls to be found. It has really disillusioned me how many just go *poof* gone.

more rambling, I really don't have much faith in the LE there and I am glad the FBI is there.

and more again about "ugly fields" ... I hope the animosity between those two is still smouldering and this fans it into a full blown fire

I too have the concern that there may just be no evidence. I am not even sure about articles of clothing the way the wind blows here. I could imagine COD hard to determine unless there is an obvious skull fracture or something of that nature. I hope LE goes over every inch of that area with a magnifying glass.

FYI,

I spoke with Trooper Sparky Dean this afternoon, and he reported the 911 call reporting the body came in at 1:10 pm on Saturday afternoon. (For any astros who are interested.)

This article has a few details from Billie Jean:

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_9cbb7914-9014-11e2-91ff-0019bb30f31a.html

Because of the extreme decomposition, investigators have been unable to determine the gender and age of the bones, including whether the remains are that of an adult or child. Billie Jean Dunn said investigators did not tell her whether clothing was found near the remains.

A good article. Also from article:

However, Billie Jean Dunn said via text message investigators said that “as soon as they can compare dental records they (investigators) will let me know.”

I still want to slap her upside the head.......:furious::furious:

http://www.newswest9.com/story/21676533/hailey-dunns-mother-speaks-on-spegulation-on-body-found

Well, that pretty much answers the question as to whether they've got the teeth. And if this is correct, then they're pretty sure it's someone with which they have dental records on.

also from article:

"What does get frustrating to me is, people who just say that they have inside knowledge when information they're putting out is completely wrong. It's aggravating when people just blatantly lie saying, they have inside knowledge or they have contacts. I know the FBI isn't talking to anybody outside of law enforcement besides me," Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said.

"They'll go ahead and let me know whether the dental records, hopefully, rule her out or God forbid, a match," Dunn said.

"That pain is always there and every time a body is found, of course, I'm scared to death that it's her all the time. I'm looking for answers and closure but then, again when a body is found, I'm praying it's not her," Dunn said

A good article. Also from article:

However, Billie Jean Dunn said via text message investigators said that “as soon as they can compare dental records they (investigators) will let me know.”

I still want to slap her upside the head.......:furious::furious:

Hopefully they will let her know as they arrest her.

Boy things sure have changed for Billie! She used to not even talk to LE and now this?

http://www.newswest9.com/story/21676...-on-body-found

"What does get frustrating to me is, people who just say that they have inside knowledge when information they're putting out is completely wrong. It's aggravating when people just blatantly lie saying, they have inside knowledge or they have contacts. I know the FBI isn't talking to anybody outside of law enforcement besides me," Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said.

Sorry....I just couldn't resist.

Boy things sure have changed for Billie! She used to not even talk to LE and now this?

http://www.newswest9.com/story/21676...-on-body-found

Sorry....I just couldn't resist.

She has "her fbi guy" that she talks to but I am not sure she talks to other LE. He went to the last vigil that they had for Hailey

This article has a few details from Billie Jean:

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_9cbb7914-9014-11e2-91ff-0019bb30f31a.html

Because of the extreme decomposition, investigators have been unable to determine the gender and age of the bones, including whether the remains are that of an adult or child. Billie Jean Dunn said investigators did not tell her whether clothing was found near the remains.

Also from this article:

The remains were found near the lake about 22 miles west of the community of Dunn, where Adkins lived with his grandmother following the teen’s disappearance.

and this caption under a picture:
BBM

A Texas State Trooper guards County Road 3236 on the South side of Lake J.B. Thomas on Monday afternoon near Snyder. Authorities were investigating the remains of a body found on near the park.

I would like to know what the person who found the body was doing out there. Is it on private land? Is it next to a fence line?

Saturday was sunny and extremely windy as I recall, but I'm a good distance away from Snyder. The weather is usually very similar. I can see someone taking advantage of the nice weather to check or repair fence lines . Another thought I have is that some bit of clothing or other evidence might have become dislodged by the strong wind gusts. If the body was wrapped in a blanket or bedspread and covered with debris or a shallow grave, maybe part of the wrapping came loose and was flapping in the wind, attracting someone to wade though the cactus, weeds and thorny brush to take a closer look.

Anybody have a clue what lead to the body being found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know what the person who found the body was doing out there. Is it on private land? Is it next to a fence line?

Saturday was sunny and extremely windy as I recall, but I'm a good distance away from Snyder. The weather is usually very similar. I can see someone taking advantage of the nice weather to check or repair fence lines . Another thought I have is that some bit of clothing or other evidence might have become dislodged by the strong wind gusts. If the body was wrapped in a blanket or bedspread and covered with debris or a shallow grave, maybe part of the wrapping came loose and was flapping in the wind, attracting someone to wade though the cactus, weeds and thorny brush to take a closer look.

The guy was looking for arrowheads or something supposedly.From what i have read it wasnt in a grave and was just dumped basically :( If the bones are all over it may not even been in a blanket.

I know you all have been discussing this I'm late to the discussion sorry if this was posted:

UPDATED: Investigators continue to gather clues from skeletal remains found in Scurry County

Snipped................................................

Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Sparky Dean said the body isn’t intact and that the FBI group, which has expertise in recovering remains in criminal cases, is diligently working to recover the bones of the deceased.

“This is being treated as a crime scene, so it is slow going,” Dean said.

The remains were found Saturday afternoon near Lake JB Thomas about 12 miles southwest of Snyder.

Dean said the remains weren’t in a grave, but instead have been found in a mesquite, thorn, cactus-riddled area where authorities have only had access via foot.

“My understanding is the lake had nothing to do with the discovery of the body,” Dean said. “It was away from the lake.”

http://www.ktxs.com/news/UPDATED-In...nty/-/14769632/19352194/-/xlli4z/-/index.html

Someone commented her Dad looked for arrowheads around this area. maybe that was what they were doing.

I really want Hailey to be alive somewhere but don't feel hopeful about it. This could be her. Of not. I hope LE has answers soon.

I'm wondering if it could be someone traveling up from Mexico. Years ago we had a hunting lease a little further south. Immigrants from Mexico would travel through our property to avoid LE.

The remains found are so close. It could be Hailey. Mixed feelings here too. I didn't realize how much time has passed. I'm most interested in if "those two" will stick by each other today if they were both arrested. Or are the rumors true that things went sour between them? Someday the truth is going to be known, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769