trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Good morning peeps. Long wait for court today - it will be 4 p.m. here.

A couple of things that Samuels said yesterday:

1. "The trauma of killing would be greater in a woman with no history of violence".

Now we know why Arias said ' I've never killed before.'

2. Samuels observation that false stories are indicated by the same details being repeated almost verbatim, with the same verbage used.

Hmmm! Sound familiar?

RE: Number 2. But didn't he also say (out of the other side of his mouth) that in keeping the story consistent, it proves it was the truth??!!

:banghead:

I read on Juan's support page over on FB that the Judge is awfully busy and stretched thin. She has to handle many other cases as well as this one. She is constantly listening to other lawyers and making rulings on other cases even before she gets to this one everyday. So I'm going to cut her some slack.

Although I think she makes crappy rulings sometime and it may be because she is just so tried and numb from working before, during, and after JAs trial ends each day.

IMO

Wow I had no idea. I would have thought a DP trial would take their full attention.

1. "The trauma of killing would be greater in a woman with no history of violence".

2. Samuels observation that false stories are indicated by the same details being repeated almost verbatim, with the same verbage used.

Hmmm! Sound familiar?

1. Killing tires by slashing them and sending vile emails/texts and confronting other women is not violent.

Notice the similarity there - slashing tires, most likely with a knife.

2. Seems to me the truth is easier to remember and repeat than a bazillion lies, especially if one has a memory problem.

What planet is this guy from ?

The horror! The horror!

Imagine if you were on the jury and had to listen to her police interview tapes, tapes of her 18 days testimony of her first trial and then her new live testimony.

No mistrial please!:facepalm:

I know it. I don't think I could watch again. I really feel for this jury.

Hmmm! Sound familiar?

what planet is he from to say if stories stay the same they indicate lies?

the truth never changes? does he really have all these qualifications? :facepalm:

Samuels also said Jodi was not assertive. Assertiveness is a behavior pattern. Wouldn't constantly making trips from California to Mesa be a form of asserting herself. She did not have to go, ever. And wouldn't such a long trip through the desert on more than one occasion during her road trip show that she had no fear and be a sign she was assertive in her behavior. Meek women usually do not sleep in cars or stop in deserted spots in the desert. Wouldn't we also describe Jodi running up to Crater Lake to confront MM's girlfriend as being assertive????? He certainly did not do any background work on her, just took her word. And just the mere "rolling of her eyes" shows she is quite capable of asserting herself. She did not like that remark from the doctor that she could not assert herself. Also, moving out of her home to live with a bf is a sign she could assert herself when she wanted something. lol

Oh he is so full of BS!!!

Assertive is communicative form. It is expressing your needs in a non aggressive manner. For instance, "I am angry because (stated observe behavior)." or "When you leave the toothpaste top off, I am frustrated when I have to clean up the toothpaste oozing out."

That is assertiveness.

Aggressive can be both behavior (which we know) but it can be communicative (which we know).. yelling, screaming, etc

There is also Passive-Aggressive Behavior:

Chronic lateness, chronic inability to complete tasks when committed to do so, learned helplessness, etc

Passive-Aggressive Communication:

Silence during argument or when someone is attempting to communicate,
Constant denial of their own behavior or communications (I didn't do or say that)
Secrets
Indirect way of saying things or asking but won't let the other know what they are say making the other guess. Others eventually become infuriated or angry

The tentative schedule is as follows:

1:00 EST- Planned start time

1:15 EST - Actual start time (Seal)

1:20 EST - Establishing shots, spectators, camera neck rolls

1:25 EST - Actual talking. Court reporter profile shots.

1:26 EST - Pre-evidenciary approach and sidebar

1:28 EST - Pre-emptive defense objections decided by best of three "rock-paper-scissors"

1:30 EST - Jury dismissed. Prosecutor, Defense and Judge retire to chambers for ruling on the admissibility of "rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock"

1:45 EST - Jury returns

1:46 EST - Jury asked to leave again

1:47 EST - Jury back

1:50 EST - Defense objects "because they can"

1:55 EST - First genuine approach and sidebar ends

1:56 EST - Talking blobfish on witness stand

2:00 EST - Early lunch.

Awesome Mykeru!

1. Killing tires by slashing them and sending vile emails/texts and confronting other women is not violent.

Notice the similarity there - slashing tires, most likely with a knife.

2. Seems to me the truth is easier to remember and repeat than a bazillion lies, especially if one has a memory problem.

What planet is this guy from ?

jinx :what:

Samuels also said Jodi was not assertive. Assertiveness is a behavior pattern. Wouldn't constantly making trips from California to Mesa be a form of asserting herself. She did not have to go, ever. And wouldn't such a long trip through the desert on more than one occasion during her road trip show that she had no fear and be a sign she was assertive in her behavior. Meek women usually do not sleep in cars or stop in deserted spots in the desert. Wouldn't we also describe Jodi running up to Crater Lake to confront MM's girlfriend as being assertive????? He certainly did not do any background work on her, just took her word. And just the mere "rolling of her eyes" shows she is quite capable of asserting herself. She did not like that remark from the doctor that she could not assert herself. Also, moving out of her home to live with a bf is a sign she could assert herself when she wanted something. lol

One of Travis's closest friends, David (?) Hughes was on Dr. Drew last night refuting the fact that Samuels said JA had low-self esteem and lacked assertiveness. Hughes was furious! He said JA would approach high echelon members of PPL at mtgs. and ask for their autograph and also whip out her camera for a photo-op!!! She was no shrinkinig violet!

As far as the journals are concerned, Samuels said they didn't contain one negative word. No hint of violence. Well, Dr. Samuels should have known better. The last thing a psychopath like JA is going to do is reveal her true self on the written page! She is a chameleon. IMO she dyed her hair blonde in order to make herself look 'spacey' and ditzy - disguising the evil that lurked within her soul. She could attract men like flies!

Now that Jodi has been laid bare on the witness stand, her true colors come out. Gone are the blonde tresses, the volumptuous body, the fake smile, the
bubbly personality. All that remains are the eyes of a murderess - empty, soul-less, remorseless, black eyes that match her black heart. Jodi unmasked! Well done, Juan!!!

RE: Number 2. But didn't he also say (out of the other side of his mouth) that in keeping the story consistent, it proves it was the truth??!!

:banghead:

So he did! Seems like the Arias Team cheer is 'Cover all Angles to Cover your Butt.'

Can anyone explain how slitting someone's throat is self-defense? I've been thinking that there are really two lines of reasoning for premeditation. The first is the pre-planning before JA got to TA's house. But the second reason is because of the overkill. (Pardon the expression.)

It's not- it's rage. I can't believe anyone on that jury would think otherwise. That injury alone would seal it as far as I'm concerned. It's violence beyond anything reasonable within the context of self defense.

Their assertion that it's fog? Ludicrous. The DT had no choice but to use something so lame because their **** of a client had no viable explanation. It's so much overkill that they couldn't even make up a lie to cover it. When in doubt, bore the jury to death that they'll somehow forget about it.

Not to mention all of the stab wounds in his back! How is someone who has their back to you a threat??

This is what will get her the needle. The presence of the back wounds is proof he was moving away from her and thus, no longer a threat. At that point the danger was removed and she was OBLIGATED to cease her attack.

A leg wound or a shoulder wound I could see. NINE cluster stabs to the back? Not a chance.

What type of behavior describes driving to a former boyfriend's house to confront his current girlfriend?

Lemme tell you sister, I live in Scottsdale AZ and it is as hot as freakin' HADES in May, June, July, August and most of September! No sweaters 'round here!:furious:

This is virtually the only thing I'm going to give the "doctor" a pass on. I don't think men really distinguish that much between shirt/sweater/top/blouse.

Maybe it's just me, but since JM finished handing the "Dr." his @ss on a platter, his testimony is pointless, useless, a waste of time, money and breath. After all the boo-boos, typos, left my notes at home, don't have the original test that goes with the answers, test scoring gaffaws...( I could go on )....his words are meaningless and laughable to me.

Oh he is so full of BS!!!

Assertive is communicative form. It is expressing your needs in a non aggressive manner. For instance, "I am angry because (stated observe behavior)." or "When you leave the toothpaste top off, I am frustrated when I have to clean up the toothpaste oozing out."

That is assertiveness.

Aggressive can be both behavior (which we know) but it can be communicative (which we know).. yelling, screaming, etc

There is also Passive-Aggressive Behavior:

Chronic lateness, chronic inability to complete tasks when committed to do so, learned helplessness, etc

Passive-Aggressive Communication:

Silence during argument or when someone is attempting to communicate,
Constant denial of their own behavior or communications (I didn't do or say that)
Secrets
Indirect way of saying things or asking but won't let the other know what they are say making the other guess. Others eventually become infuriated or angry

So you mean like....sitting in a car for hours without talking when someone has taken things out of your backpack as a favor because it was too heavy......something like that????? They were suppose to be going on a hiking trip, not a road trip. The poor guy was just trying to help her out, or more likely suspected one of those two men would have to end up carrying her backpack because she'd be whining it was too heavy to carry.

Did anyone notice Jodi's eyes when she took the pill yesterday? It was a look of irritation and "what-everrr" to me.

Also, this may be O/T and if it is, I apologize. But in the below clip, when Juan had put the photo of Travis on the autopsy table (the neck wound - NOT shown on video), just watch JA's expression. Even though TA's siblings cry out (it was a surprise they weren't expecting), and her attorneys objected (Nurmi even looked over at the family and did seem concerned for them), she has an almost gleeful look. Sort of a "holy crap I did THAT, woww" look (pleased with herself). Start watching around 1:31:10. It is only AFTER she sees others react, that she starts to do her pretend "shock and sadness." She is truly one sick, dangerous person.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 11(Full) - YouTube

OMG, his poor family.

It's not- it's rage. I can't believe anyone on that jury wouldn't think otherwise. That injury alone would seal it as far as I'm concerned. It's violence beyond anything reasonable within the context of self defense.

I think part of the purpose of the DV expert will to explain the 'seemingly' heinous nature of the murder. That after years of abuse it is not uncommon for a battered woman (who had just defended herself after one last instance of domestic abuse) to emotionally exorcise the years of torment on her abuser in such a manner.

I don't agree with it for a second, but it is what I am expecting to hear.

It's not- it's rage. I can't believe anyone on that jury would think otherwise. That injury alone would seal it as far as I'm concerned. It's violence beyond anything reasonable within the context of self defense.

Their assertion that it's fog? Ludicrous. The DT had no choice but to use something so lame because their **** of a client had no reasonable explanation. It's so much overkill that they couldn't even make up a lie to cover it. When it doubt, bore the jury to death that they'll somehow forget about it.

This is what will get her the needle. The presence of the back wounds is proof he was moving away from her and thus, no longer a threat. At that point the danger was removed and she was OBLIGATED to cease her attack.

A leg wound or a shoulder wound I could see. NINE cluster stabs to the back? Not a chance.

Yep

My only deviation would be that her punishment fit the crime. Either take her out against a wall in front of a firing squad or put her under an automated razor blade tester... :D

I know it. I don't think I could watch again. I really feel for this jury.

You bet. IMO any time in the future these jurors are called for duty again, they should be able to claim PTSD from the JA trial and be recused immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab