trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ammonitida = Matt M?

Ha!

Hey, I'm all for people with their own opinions whether in line with mine or not. I'm just not sure how you think the stabbing in the shower couldn't have possibly happened first due to a lack of blood splatter? Unless things in AZ are different than in New England, I'm pretty sure blood can be washed down the drain fairly easily. There also was other, significant blood evidence all over the bathroom...

No kidding. Especially when there is a cup left in the shower.

Juan is in fact of the belief that she stabbed him while he was sitting in the shower. He revealed this during his direct of the ME. We're talking about fresh blood that would have been gushing out, not dried blood. The shower should show some evidence of blood splatter consistent with a flurry of stabs to the torso but there is none. Jodi did not clean the shower either because that was not her concern (just the DNA on him was her concern). A gunshot is more likely in the shower, because the heat of the projectile could have cauterized the wound and the impact could have bounced him to the bathroom floor in seconds. As for the stabbings and such, none of that matters if the jury believes Samuels about her suffering from PTSD at the time of the killing. According to him she was in a dissociative state, in other words temporarily insane. There can be no premeditation under those circumstances. The jury will have no choice but to acquit if he is to be believed

There are several problems with your theory. There were 3 stab wounds to the torso. The "flurry" of stab wounds were on his back, neck and head. There is something called gravity whereby blood flows down. Spatter indicates movement. Spurting blood is from arterial blood flow. The body, in an effort to prevent blood loss, responds with vasospasm to staunch bleeding. She has admitted to killing him. The theory whether it was self defense or not is what is to be decided. The PTSD is to explain the fauxgnesia, not temporary insanity. Simply put, your theory does not work. JMO

The ME himself said that because of the bullet path, blood would have likely been filling his sinuses and mouth and that could account for the bloody coughs at the sink.

iirc he said that if his lung had been punctured by the stab wound to the vena cava, and i believe it was, the coughing of blood would have come from his lungs.

Originally Posted by Ammonitida
Juan is in fact of the belief that she stabbed him while he was sitting in the shower. He revealed this during his direct of the ME. We're talking about fresh blood that would have been gushing out, not dried blood. The shower should show some evidence of blood splatter consistent with a flurry of stabs to the torso but there is none. Jodi did not clean the shower either because that was not her concern (just the DNA on him was her concern). A gunshot is more likely in the shower, because the heat of the projectile could have cauterized the wound and the impact could have bounced him to the bathroom floor in seconds. As for the stabbings and such, none of that matters if the jury believes Samuels about her suffering from PTSD at the time of the killing. According to him she was in a dissociative state, in other words temporarily insane. There can be no premeditation under those circumstances. The jury will have no choice but to acquit if he is to be believed

Not if its been rinsed out after the fact.
What if he was only stabbed once in the shower then staggerd out towards the sink then was stabbed more ( no blood spatter in the shower) It would be unlikely for him to be stabbed many times while in the shower.

OT but I work at an intermediate school in N. Tx. and we are on lockdown due to an inmate escaping from the courthouse about 4 blocks away. Can hear helicopters flying overhead. God knew I was bored today due to trial starting late!!!! LOL! :what:

Rose, I'm east of Dallas. Anywhere near here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a trial today?

I'm sooo off track :blushing:

:floorlaugh:I'm still laughing over the killer's latest antic: looking bored and catatonic all the while sliding that yellow pad from her arm side to under her behind, as the camera was on her.:what:

IMO
I still think there was more to it. I think maybe she had put pens in the folder or pencils and then when the folder was under her butt, she was probably going to try to steal the pens or pencils.

Something evil she was doing for sure.

This proves this phsyco is still very dangerous and if she is let out I am convinced she would do more crimes and maybe more murders.

She is dangerous.

I think juan is brilliant. It's annoying to have the same people !!! repeating themselves over and over! Criticizing Martinez!! The man that is doing everything he can to get justice for travis family. I suspect we are getting people from the support jodi site
Trying to put Martinez down.!!
I'm ignoring these negative vibes!
Juan rocks!

OMG, you are referring to me? A jodi supporter? Now I've heard EVERYTHING.

I DESPISE Jodi Arias and I despise that website you mention. My posting history suggests nothing otherwise. I'm voicing my concern with where this case may be heading. That doesn't make me a Jodi supporter. And yes I am critical of Juan, ever since he tried to claim that sleep sex without prior consent is consensual (like Nurmi surely has done when defending rapists). But I most disappointed with his handling of the shower ruse issue and how it came back yesterday to bite him in the *advertiser censored*. It was a perfect opportunity to expose a lie from Jodi that involved premeditation but the his prior bungle killed it. Samuels used it against him!

In one of the motions for mistrial because of the gun first or last testimony by LE the judge ruled that it was cruel either way and denied the mistrial.

Now the jury didn't hear that but they have heard from JA's own mouth that she was able to get away from TA AFTER she shot him in the head. 9 stab wounds were to the back indicating to me and most people she wasn't using self defense at this time. Even if she doesn't remember because she gave herself PTSD stabbing someone 9 times in the back was pure rage and intent to slaughter even if these are the last stabs.

But this is just what my common sense tells me, what do I know?

And at the same time you want the jury to believe that while he is choking on his own blood he is able to tell Jodi that he was going to kill her bit**?????

Agreed! And even if blood was filling his mouth, the spray pattern is not consistent with that! That spray takes power, the blood would have to be coming from his lungs to spray like that. The lungs can provide that much force to just expel and with liquid that means spray. Unless he was aspirating on large amounts of the blood from his mouth before coughing it up, blood coming right from the mouth wouldn't have that level of spray. I would suggest to try that at home but yeah, you'd choke.
MOO!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Even though TA's siblings cry out (it was a surprise they weren't expecting), and her attorneys objected (Nurmi even looked over at the family and did seem concerned for them), she has an almost gleeful look. Sort of a "holy crap I did THAT, woww" look (pleased with herself). Start watching around 1:31:10. It is only AFTER she sees others react, that she starts to do her pretend "shock and sadness." She is truly one sick, dangerous person.
Jodi Arias Trial Day 11(Full) - YouTube

I would not go so far to say she had a gleeful look, but while courtroom spectators are averting their eyes, and some are leaving the courtroom, she stares at the screen with little expression.

The photo goes on the overhead projector at 1:31:38. You can see Jodi's expression for 10 seconds, from 1:31:41 to 1:31:51. For the first seven of these, she seems to be looking at the photo with an unchanged expression.

Jodi stopped staring at the photo at 1:31:48. My guess is that the girl on the stand started looking sad and hurt at that moment (we can see at 1:31:55 she is trying to hold back tears). Once she noticed that, Jodi realized that she needed to stop staring at the photo and pretend to be remorseful. She removes her glasses and fakes some more tears - we can see that at 1:32:20.

Does anyone know if there was proof that Jodi and Travis were "boyfriend and girlfriend" on the dates she said they became a couple? Besides her words which we know may or may not be truth?

After closer inspection with a bunch of ws'rs last night the folder is still there look above the white cups near the computer monitor and you will see it slide in there. But she did take something, a pencil, paperclip or note. If not it sure was a suspicious move!

Ah, thanks for the heads up. That and her eye-roll yesterday, were probably the closest we have seen of the real killer herself during this whole debacle.

Ive read your posts and have seen your not a Jodi supporter. It seems more like "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" but I really dont see it. You ignore all the great ways Juan is demolishing the defense, IMO
This particular poster is also ignoring other important facts :

1) Arias admitted to killing Travis
2) Arias drove 1,000 miles to kill Travis while trying to cover her tracks
3) Arias covered her tracks AFTER the murder
4) Arias is a proven liar

That alone covers the premeditation ...

The heinous nature of the crime covers the potential recommendation for the DP.

And at the same time you want the jury to believe that while he is choking on his own blood he is able to tell Jodi that he was going to kill her bit**?????

Not only choking on his own blood but had a bullet lodged in his cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal