long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad idea!!!! No..really! Only here can I mention a friendly discussion about Bundy, Manson, and Arias as regards to similarities (or lack thereof) and no one will get freaked out....not exactly a topic for discussion on dates...unless you hold the same interests :facepalm:

My husband and I went to the Death Museum in San Diego (now in L.A.) for our first date.

The museum is dedicated to serial killers and other psychotic murderers. They had original artwork from convicted killers, like John Wayne Gayce. Letters written from jail to girl friends, family, and others on the 'outside'. Original crime scene photos, police reports, diaries, and etc. The museum even had a set of the Heaven's Gate blue metal bunk beds.

We've been married 16 years and 10 months.

I'm more into this stuff than he is, but at least he doesn't think I'm weird for being a true crime groupie.

Tricolor is the juror some were buzzing about claiming to read Jodi's lips. They worried #5 is in JA's corner and were hoping she isn't one of the final 12.

I read that about two days ago. But it's out of our hands so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm not worried about her and she is a stenographer (not literally, in this trial I mean). She has been the most prolific note taker of the bunch. But Housewife (Juror 3) is a close second. I'm more concerned about "Maureen" on the back, but not really concerned. Just in comparison.

This is another thing that's making my head spin on these threads. This is a relatively standard intimate partner crime. None of the details are particularly shocking or unusual except that we've seen pics of private parts because they're the best evidence of presence at the crime scene and the religious aspect. Mormons doing un-Mormanlike things always makes the news here (see the bestiality couple I posted previously). Yeah, there were a bunch of stabs wounds. Compare it to the other case that Juan prosecuted with the rape and killing of a teen girl and the torture of her little brother in the presence of her restrained parents. THAT is sick. Manson's followers committed their crimes on complete strangers. They cut the fetus out of the stomach of a 9 month pregnant woman. Dahmer drilled holes into his victim's brain while he was alive and poured chemicals in there to see what would happen.

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm

Are you serious? You just compared her along with 2 or 3 of the most heinieous murders in history (Manson + Dahmer). That in itself shows she is in good company.

Along with the fact she is making CNN national news almost daily. This is a major national case at this point.

I for one would be worried if she was ever out. She is pure evil and dangerous.

o/t but is there such a thing as an "auburn schnauzer" or is the auburn separate from the schnauzer? Every time I see your screenname I picture a schnauzer dog with reddish hair lol

I have a black Schnauzer, he has a subtle auburn tint on his legs and beard, just beautiful.

Someone help me here, but to me the last sentence contradicts the paragraph immediately preceding it. The paragraph above says that "it is this reflection, regardless of the length of time in which it occurs, that distinguishes first degree murder from second degree murder." Then it goes on to say it isn't done with premeditation "if it is the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion."

If that's what distinguishes first-degree murder from second-degree murder, wouldn't a murder resulting from "the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion" be second-degree murder?

We all know premeditation can be a very short period of time, but it has to contain a flash of recognition or, as the above sentence put it, reflection. Almost by definition an instant effect of sudden quarrel or heat of passion doesn't and therefore--to me--would be second-degree murder.

Have I jumped the shark? AZLawyer or Minor4th, can you please explain how Arizona works? TIA!

Premeditation is first degree. Lack of premeditation is second degree. Lack of premeditation PLUS sudden quarrel/heat of passion is manslaughter. :)

Let's make one. You play Jodi. ;)

I don't recall Jodi having a gray beard and long salt and pepper hair.

BBM: I thought there was no court on Monday? I'm so confused now!

No court April 1st! There will be court this Monday:seeya:

Yeah, a JA trial on April Fools day would be too obvious to the jury. JMO

I keep hearing/reading that there is a juror that is smiling at Jodi? Please, don't let this be true. :please:

If I were a juror, while she was on the stand I would have looked her in the eye and smiled brightly and move my head like I'm intently listening. IMO, it might lead to her thinking her BS is selling and feel confident enough to make them larger. JMO

This is another thing that's making my head spin on these threads. This is a relatively standard intimate partner crime. None of the details are particularly shocking or unusual except that we've seen pics of private parts because they're the best evidence of presence at the crime scene and the religious aspect. Mormons doing un-Mormanlike things always makes the news here (see the bestiality couple I posted previously). Yeah, there were a bunch of stabs wounds. Compare it to the other case that Juan prosecuted with the rape and killing of a teen girl and the torture of her little brother in the presence of her restrained parents. THAT is sick. Manson's followers committed their crimes on complete strangers. They cut the fetus out of the stomach of a 9 month pregnant woman. Dahmer drilled holes into his victim's brain while he was alive and poured chemicals in there to see what would happen.

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm

:goodpost:

I understand we all feel bad for TA's family, but she's right. There are a lot of worse murders out there. I think what's making people so angry is that it's always the current *advertiser censored* in the news.

I have a black Schnauzer, he has a subtle auburn tint on his legs and beard, just beautiful.

Sometimes folks say "photos or it isn't true!" But we know...I lost my little guy "Patton" as y'all know after 14 years...The little general !!!

As I understand it, the happy couple went on their honeymoon and left the cat deliberately without making accomodations for it. Jodi went to their house and left enough food and water for it to survive while they were gone, then considered taking it to a shelter since the happy couple didn't give a chit less. But that's just my take on it :)

Why is that your take on it?

Are you serious? You just compared her along with 2 or 3 of the most heinieous murders in history (Manson + Dahmer). That in itself shows she is in good company.

Along with the fact she is making CNN national news almost daily. This is a major national case at this point.

I for one would be worried if she was ever out. She is pure evil and dangerous.

No, *I* didn't compare her with those people, other posters in this thread have been. I think it's ridiculous. Nothing about this crime is as bad as any of those crimes. Not even close. Even the court found only ONE mitigating factor for the death penalty. And even that was a close call is you read the back and forth about it.

Thank you so very much katiecoolady!:blowkiss: I trust and always look forward to your point of view! :seeya:

Why is that your take on it?

based on my reading/hearing of the co-worker's account at the time. I'll go back and read it/listen to it again tomorrow. I know I posted about it at the time, though, consistent with what I'm saying now having then recently listened to it.

Did Travis brag about being "financially successful?" Am I missing something?

From Travis' last blog post May 08:

"People fall in love for too many reasons to count. Usually it is a combination of reasons. But I want someone to fall in love with me because I am a man of ability and achievement. Not because I have a lot of friends (not saying I do) but for the reason people want to befriend me, not because I have tons of money (not saying I do) but because I have the ability to earn a ton of money"

Travis' blog also has the intro to the book he was writing. It describes his early years and the severe abuse he suffered and the privations he and his siblings endured before they were rescued to their grandma. I don't see Travis' focus on earning money as a fault. I see it as a promise to himself that his wife and children will never have to experience what he did.

I don't recall Jodi having a gray beard and long salt and pepper hair.

Yeah, a JA trial on April Fools day would be too obvious to the jury. JMO

If I were a juror, while she was on the stand I would have looked her in the eye and smiled brightly and move my head like I'm intently listening. IMO, it might lead to her thinking her BS is selling and feel confident enough to make them larger. JMO

:goodpost:

I understand we all feel bad for TA's family, but she's right. There are a lot of worse murders out there. I think what's making people so angry is that it's always the current *advertiser censored* in the news.

What murder in recent years is WORSE than the murder of Travis Alexander?

Yes, but she was only telling what Jodi told her, and I thought it was that Jodi had told her the cat was left by the honeymooning couple, that's what I meant when I said it sounded like a lie; that the caller only had Jodi's version of events to go on, which were (knowing Jodi) less than accurate.

I wonder if Jodi killed the cats owners and they are rotting away somewhere yet to be discovered. Wonder if any media has actually spoken to the owners of the cat.

I doubt she'll get out because she admitted to killing him. Even with the fog she still says she had blood all over her and she tried to cover up the crime. I on the other hand would worry if by some weird phenomenon she was let go she would kill again. She would be another Joran Van der Sloot.

bbm
Wow, I didn't know that he is a Marine (once a Marine, always a Marine)! But I could/should have guessed as much. Another type hero. What an amazing man. Thanks for letting us know about his being a US Marine, Allyne!

Thanks for the tactful correction, borndem. Of course you are right--once a Marine, always a Marine! Semper Fi. So proud of our amazing men and women. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500