long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said, Jeffssis. I know what you mean, she talks about him like he was hers, as though she had been with him since the beginning of time, like she owned him.

Can you imagine the family when she sends the iris bouquet? Or the 18 page manifesto she sent them?

Dear family, as Travis's ex girlfriend (WE WERE OFFICIAL FOR FIVE MONTHS!)
I'd like to impart a few thoughts....

Scary stalker chick

IIRC, she asked if a 9 mm gun had been foundbut the gun wasn't found until the rental car had been returned and it was being cleaned.

Yes, cops found the ammo but no gun and knives, I guess. Mom calls up and asks if they found the gun, for who...the defense or Jodi?

You sound like my kind of person! I'm probably the only person in the US who knows next to nothing about the OJ trial. My husband was seriously ill at the time and I paid no attention. My one connection to that trial was that I later worked for someone whose brother lived nearby and referred to a dog giving a "mournful howl." He got interviewed LE, maybe even testified, and I remember was not a happy camper.

Makes me wonder why some cases captiviate our attention to the degree it almost becomes OCD. I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of the legal process and trial protocol. Who knows, might spur me on to finally go to paralegal school. I hope your husband recovered from his illness, but it sounds like he had a wonderful caretaker. How intriguing that you actually knew someone that was so closely involved in the O.J. Simpson trial.

My understanding is there was no bullets found at the grandfathers house and only found at the Mothers house. A lot of people believe the mom went and got the ammo from the grandfathers house once she found out Jodi was in trouble. Jodi may have even called the mom and told her to go get it out of the grandpas house.

Omg, I can't believe they would not have done some type of forensic testing on that ammo. Surely they did.

This may sound silly, but I wonder if there has been any searches for this weapon. If they know the route she was driving, well... I know it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack, but would it be impossible say if metal detectors were used ?

Please forgive me if you all have already seen this, because it is dated in Jan. and I didn't come on board here until Feb. Anyway I knew TA always went to someone's house every Sunday for dinner. What I didn't know is he was a Plastic Surgeon that Travis called dad, and TA had said something to him that is sadly. ironic.
Here is the link.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/20664391/2013/01/23/travis-alexanders-mentor

Can you imagine the family when she sends the iris bouquet? Or the 18 page manifesto she sent them?

Dear family, as Travis's ex girlfriend (WE WERE OFFICIAL FOR FIVE MONTHS!)
I'd like to impart a few thoughts....

Scary stalker chick

I'd like to know the number of days they were actually together during those 5 mos. of officialdom. JA's need to always add the exact day of the breakup indicates something about her, but idk what.

I've been going to almost every place online that I could get info about 25 caliber guns.
I, too, am one of those who know nothing about guns...except when I was holding my ex husbands 38 with the barrel pointed at me, I was looking for the "safety"....I couldn't figure it out, so I just turned it around, and shot a hole thru the floor. I went downstairs and it had ripped thru the insulation and it looked like a chicken had been dancing around the living room. We were having problems then, and he wasn't home when it happened, thank GOD I didn't "shoot my eye out"...people would have thought I had tried to commit suicide.

But, I digress. Basically, people have been saying the same...a 25 is little more than a cap gun. A "gut gun", they called it....it would go thru skin. That it REALLY wouldn't penetrate THRU the skull unless pointed at it and not too far away...unless you were an expert, pretty close OR just lucky.
Again, IMO, goes along the line of the shot coming last....IMO, most likely before she put Travis in the shower.

Well, I do personally have one problem with Nurmi and that was when he lied to Chris and Sky Hughes about the so-called letters Travis wrote about his "interest in little boys." I remember me and my husband watching Chris testify about this and I was almost sick to my stomach. Nurmi told Sky these letters had been proven 100% to have been written by Travis but actually by then, they had already been suspect. He lied to Sky Hughes and Chris Hughes called him a pig and liar on the stand. I agreed. It was a very low blow, unethical and painful for Sky Hughes.

I have no respect for that man. Now for Wimott, I truly don't care. Her eye rolling and huffing and puffing are unprofessional to me, but, I haven't heard or seen anything unethical.

Sparrow Ivy
When did Chris testify? Was it the preliminary hearings? Was this televised?

We all feel bad about Travis, and his family. It's the law though. She is entitled to a trial. As long as she plead not guilty , she gets one. She could have done what she said and plead guilty and begged for the death penalty. Not thrown Travis under the bus with the pedophile talk. She claims she doesn't like to talk bad about anyone but she has a real potty mouth now. The defense attorney's are just there to try to save her life, they know she is a murderer.

I wonder if they have done any real soul searching and asked themselves what it is that they're really saving, if they did manage to succeed in saving her life. I suppose there are those anti- death penalty advocates that all they care about is beating the death penalty. I can't think of any good reason other than that, not that I consider that a good enough reason to save an evil pariah like JA. Ugh, it's just :maddening:

I know very little about guns and less about ammo.

I believe you.

Correct the poster if you know the difference by saying what the ammo is, not admonish them, please.

How many times do I have to correct before I can start to admonish? Give me something to live for.

It was the ammo for the .25 caliber gun that was found in Jodi's mother house.

For which the only proof of this is an obvious error of some talking head on CNN.

Cite it?????

Yes, please, because when I asked the only thing people gave as proof is Jean Casarez on CNN claiming something that cannot possibly be the case and is is an obvious brain fart by her in the middle of a discussion.

I'm not the one who is concerned about it being an error.

I can be concerned for the both of us then.

It is in the records and if there is a question it is easily found in the court records.

Great. Can you easily find it for us then?

It would be contained in the police report at the very least.

Okay, but since I wasn't the one talking about silly stuff like .25 mm bullets, why do I have to look it up? I'm not the one making an assertion about non-existent (in the sense that there's no such thing on earth) .25mm bullets being found.

I see no link in your post to .9mm ammo found in the mother's house.

That's based on a couple things:

1. The caliber of the ammo previously cited as ".25 mm" is impossible.
2. When asked for a police report to back up the claim .25 caliber ammo was found, .25 mm ammo, 25mm ammo or whopping huge spitballs I get "citation? We don't need no stinking citation"
3. As Arias bought a Hi-Point 9mm pistol that was found in her rental car apparently procured by her mother (the rental car, not the gun, because straw purchases are illegal in CA, and everywhere, basically) and 9mm ammo was found in her suitcase, it seems more likely the ammo was 9mm rather than ".25mm". That .25 caliber ammo was found because Jean Casarez said .25mm ammo was found kind of needs more proof than that.

When I see it I'll believe it but until that time I will stick with what has been reported.

"When I see it I will believe it". You mind if I steal that phrase and apply it to the .25 caliber ammo (or Lilliputian .25mm ammo) in the police report that you refuse to cite even though it's so easy to find? You know, just for fun.

I'm sorry you are annoyed but doing research first might help you resolve that.

I can't admonish you, but you can be condescending to me. Noted. I am also totally chagrined by your insight that I have done no research about this, or anything else, ever. I feel totally pwned.

It works for me when I have an issue over what has been reported.

Reported erroneously as ".25mm ammo"

We are just posting information we have already read about or heard in the courtroom testimony.

Can you link me to the YouTube video of Jean Casarez's courtroom testimony where she talked about the ".25mm ammo"?

I don't watch TV so most of my info is from reading it here. jmo

So you are repeated errors repeated by people watching people make errors on TV. I apologize for ever doubting you.

Please forgive me if you all have already seen this, because it is dated in Jan. and I didn't come on board here until Feb. Anyway I knew TA always went to someone's house every Sunday for dinner. What I didn't know is he was a Plastic Surgeon that Travis called dad, and TA had said something to him that is sadly. ironic.
Here is the link.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/20664391/2013/01/23/travis-alexanders-mentor

I had not seen that, Dmacky. In one of her interviews with Det. Flores, JA's asked about whether Travis owed money to anyone who might have wanted to kill him. She mentioned the Hiatts, describing them as extremely wealthy, and not needing immediate payback of the $6000 they'd loaned TA. She then added that she ate dinner with them every Sunday. Another lie.

Anyone recall the defense expert who was replaced by Samuels and left the case due to illness?

thank you. one thing i think is very clear is that low self esteem is NOT something she suffers from. in fact, i'd say it's just the opposite. she thinks very, very highly of herself.

I so agree.

How many pics did she have of HERSELF in different poses....almost like for a model portfolio. She REALLY thought she was fabulous.

Yup, and at one point wasn't there a lot of back and forth with people who thought some of the "crime scene photos" were "inadvertant photos" no matter how many times it was pointed out that Jodi wouldn't have put down the little yellow evidence tags visible in the photos during the murder?

That sort of thing only annoys me briefly, then I go back to being entertained.

I spent years during the 90s on alt.conspiracy.jfk arguing with conspiracy nuts who would be corrected on Monday that CE399, the "pristine bullet" was flattened on one side and extruded lead from the core and so wasn't at all pristine (and therefore not planted on Connally's stretcher at Parkland hospital as they claimed) only to have them repeat it to the newbs on a Wednesday.

If you aren't entertained by that, the only other option is :banghead:

This is a stupid analogy, but when I write "Chlorox" on my shopping list, I find I buy Chlorox, and when I write "Bleach" I buy the store brand. Something about how the mind works, I guess. That's why I tend to want to be clear on what we're talking about. I think we were in agreement about what photos we were talking about (most of us, anyway), but it bothered me. Some seemed to think that Jodi wanted to look at the nice, gruesome pictures of Travis after he was dead, enjoying her handiwork, I guess. I don't think that's what she was doing. But all is good, I'm not too bothered by it.

I wouldn't ever try to change the minds of those grassy knoll folks. They've got a lot invested in their beliefs. My favorite is the photo with the "shadow" of another person in the bushes. I'm sure you know the one. I remember so well the day he was shot. I guess it's hard for some to accept there's a lot of random *hit in the universe. My take is, we're all on the great dartboard of life, and sometimes you get hit with the dart.

I had not seen that, Dmacky. In one of her interviews with Det. Flores, JA's asked about whether Travis owed money to anyone who might have wanted to kill him. She mentioned the Hiatts, describing them as extremely wealthy, and not needing immediate payback of the $6000 they'd loaned TA. She then added that she ate dinner with them every Sunday. Another lie.

Very sick how much of Travis' life, words, habits and friends she sucks up into her own psyche - like a soul vampire.

thats how i feel,yeah im tired of the endless sidebars but i dont see her bias as another poster said last night.

she has been more than fair with both sides,which imo means there are no grounds for an appeal that way

are we taking bets yet on once juan starts how soon the first ojection/sidebar will be?

My opinion is the first objection will be that Juan is getting ready to start questioning, they'll call it a 'speaking objection' and that will delay the start of trial a good hour or more. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500