long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everyone else" don't know what they are talking about.

In my less than humble opinion of course. This jury will convict her of first degree murder and sentence her to death.

I'm sticking with THAT!

You got that right! I started arguing the case for first degree! :jail:

I've come to the conclusion that Travis was shot with a jacketed, hollow-point bullet.

The slug recovered from his skull was manufactured by Winchester and weighed exactly 44.8 grains.

Winchester full metal jackets only come in weights of 50 grains or greater. Hollow-Points, however, are never greater than 45 grains.

The slug was in pretty good condition (just a bit flattened) and the ME reported finding no traces of metal fragments in his cranium. I also looked at other damaged bullets that retained their original weight (one guy did an experiment on this and posted pictures and information on his findings) and many looked far more mangled than the one that struck Travis. The worst looked very fragmented (it had also mushroomed considerably), yet it only lost 1/2 grain of weight. So I'm convinced that based on the above, the bullet recovered from his skull retained nearly all its weight and this weight would make it a Winchester 25 auto "expanding point". In other words, a jacketed hollow point.

It solves a mystery too. Like how a 25 caliber bullet managed to pierce his skull from a distance of two-feet or greater. The 25 hollow-point, thanks to its lesser weight, has a significantly greater velocity than a FMJ (815 ft/s vs 760 ft/s), providing it with a force necessary to impact the brain (though not enough velocity to cause expansion).

However, I'm not convinced that this slug was one of the 7 hollow-points stolen from her grandfather. If she had any sense at all, she would have test fired the gun. It would have been utterly foolish to fire the gun for the first time during the murder. That wouldn't happen. She must have test fired it and likely more than once to get the hang of it. Then she would have wanted to replace the spent ammo so that she would have a full clip just in case. This means that she must have purchased extra ammo somewhere. Unfortunately, there were no laws that regulated handgun ammunition sales in 2008. The bill signed in 2009 by Schwarzenegger (requiring a fingerprint and ID to buy ammunition) was struck down in 2011 just before it was supposed to go in effect. So don't expect a "smoking gun" regarding an ammunition receipt.

I read a comment and sorry, I can't remember where (I think it was written by a poster here in a past thread?), but it was something to the effect that we don't need to worry about Jodi in the courtroom because she is wearing a stun belt. I didn't think she had anything like that attached to her. Does anyone know if this is true? TIA

bbm: yes she is wearing a stun belt in court

I have no probs with any defendant being properly represented, but when the defense involves deceit, lies, and destroying the victim and their family, then I have nothing but contempt for them!

This DT have drunk the JA koolaid, and don't care how low they must sink to present , imo, a convoluted defense. I believe they know what a monster JA is, and yet they're perfectly willing to do whatever to let her back out into society?!

It's like it's personal for them, and they've absorbed JA's ugliness. I bet her aura is an oily black cloud.

I agree and personally if they truly want to be fair about a jury of ones peers, then in Jodi's case they need a jury full of Death row inmates who were convicted of killing and who are psychotic. As we all know the jury we get are the good people of any state normally..not killers and psychopaths, so it should be that someone who is a psychotic killer should get jurors of the same caliber. JMO Otherwise its kind of for naught. Why let good folks judge and determine sentencing for Bad folks, when realistically bad people should be deciding their fate...people of like minds etc.

And someone poses in a shower for pictures with the shower door closed? I can see the door is closed.
I wasn't there so I don't know if he used soap or not.

The door is not closed, it's open.

Someone here, a brilliant guy, posted an explanation with photo documentation. I'll see if I can find it. It was quite a while ago.

Just adding..you know the old saying "it takes one to know one". I believe it does.

Thing is meds for pain could be legit. Just not taken in an uncontrolled, unsupervised way. She can't even be brought in an outside cheeseburger. Everything should be controlled in there ESP medication!

Fiorinal is a controlled substance in some states because of the butalbital, and can have codeine added def making it controlled. This just happens to be my line of work.

I rarely see it anymore, but it's def Rx, so I'd think would have to monitored.

Testimony about photos and camera

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhYXVlvzsY"]Jodi Arias Trial : Day 6 : Shocking Photos (No Sidebars) - YouTube[/ame]

Thing is meds for pain could be legit. Just not taken in an uncontrolled, unsupervised way. She can't even be brought in an outside cheeseburger. Everything should be controlled in there ESP medication!

Fiorinal is a controlled substance in some states because of the butalbital, and can have codeine added def making it controlled. This just happens to be my line of work.

I rarely see it anymore, but it's def Rx, so I'd think would have to monitored.

bbm: yes she is wearing a stun belt in court

It's around her leg (thigh), right? I believe it's the reason she has to take the stand before the jury is brought in so that they can't see it, is that correct?

And someone poses in a shower for pictures with the shower door closed? I can see the door is closed.
I wasn't there so I don't know if he used soap or not.
I also see water in every one of those pictures. And no flash, until the very last one when the door is open and he is looking at the camera and the next one immediately after. I don't think he had any idea she was there for most of them.

moo

"Everyone else" don't know what they are talking about.

In my less than humble opinion of course. This jury will convict her of first degree murder and sentence her to death.

I'm sticking with THAT!

ITA, however, as we learned in the past, there are very sense-defying things that happen in the world....so.....I have already thought of how I plan to handle it if any outcome other than what I feel is true and honest actually occurs. We all will have to be okay no matter what happens at the end of this horrible tragedy. Get burned enough times and you start to prepare for self-protection.
I will pray for the best (true justice) and prepare for the worst. I haven't lost faith, I'm just gearing up for whatever happens.

Oh completely agree with the poor timing in which she says he said that to her. I'm pretty sure if I got shot in the head and was still alive I would probably say something similar to whoever shot me.

It would have made more sense if she said that after he body slammed her, she struggled back up and he was grabbing at her. She was able to knee him in the groin and start running down the hall.At this point he says "f*cking kill you b" and she then goes into the closet for the gun.

I think if a person is shot in the head and the bullet goes across the skull and lodges in the cheek that forming a thought at all like kill you ***** would be pretty unlikely.
The brain would be in instant shock and trying to form anything verbaly for a few seconds or more is pretty unlikely let alone grabbing at your attackers clothes.

Awww, man. I was wondering where everone was as it is 15 minutes to "go time".

Then I realized it is only 8:45 in PHX :(...

If she is "ambidextrous"...she would be able to use the gun in one hand and
the knife in the other...don't ya think?

What proof do we have that she is? I am left handed when I write and eat. I cannot use my right hand equally as well for those things. I use my right hand for cutting with scissors, using a gun, using a knife, bowling, throwing, Batting . I cannot do those things hardly at all with my left hand. the definition of the word is that you can use both equally as well, but I do not see that she has any evidence of that.

Moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

It's around her leg (thigh), right? I believe it's the reason she has to take the stand before the jury is brought in so that they can't see it, is that correct?

Such a shame. It would be kind of fun if they knew she was wearing it, and had the controls for it. :giggle:

Does anyone else ever get timed out (or whatever the correct term is) while in this forum? Is it maybe because of all the traffic? Sometimes I can't even get in...it's giving me a complex :blush: and NOW I have low self esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown