long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean C was just on InSession talking about the hearing where JM "ripped into" LaViolette. She said it was about the claims of child *advertiser censored* on Travis' computer and that she was mistaken when her first statement was that JA told her it was on said computer.... then she changed it to pictures. Seems a lot of people associated with this case, on the defense side, are making lots of convenient "mistakes".

No kidding...and I don't think we've seen the last of those shenanigans either.

What? WHAT??? JA grabbed someone's throat outside of court??? Holy flippin' cow! What was this all about? I never heard this before!
:what:

LMAO!! Reminds me of being in third grade, and the teacher starts a rumor at the front of the class. When it gets to the end of the class, it's totally opposite of what it started out being. :floorlaugh:

The gospel according to JA:

- the gun went off accidentally, I didn't mean to shoot him, I didn't think it was loaded...
- I didn't think he was shot, there was no blood

She also says something about the look on his face, but I can't remember the timing.

Her convenient lack of memory starts just after the f'ing kill you lie/line.

FWIW, there have been posts here on this thread and another that the DT is not vigorously pursuing the DV claim, but rather trying to build an argument to allow a lesser charge of manslaughter (the gun accidentally went off, I didn't mean to kill him).

I need a lawyer's help with this one, but if I understand things correctly, the DT or the prosecution would have to request this of the judge and the judge would have to rule to allow the lesser charge for deliberation. The judge would make the decision based on the evidence; she already ruled against 2nd degree.

I'm not a lawyer quite yet, but I can say with confidence that you are correct. Relevant law below:

An instruction on second-degree murder is only appropriate when “a reasonable construction of the evidence ... tend to show a lack of premeditation.” State v. Whittle, 156 Ariz. 400, 404, 752 P.2d 489, 493 (App.1985).

A trial court should provide an instruction on a lesser-included offense only if the evidence supports it. State v. Jackson, 186 Ariz. 20, 27, 918 P.2d 1038, 1045 (1996). “ ‘To determine whether there is sufficient evidence to require the giving of a lesser[-]included offense instruction, the test is whether the jury could rationally fail to find the distinguishing element of the greater offense.’ ” Id., quoting Krone, 182 Ariz. at 323, 897 P.2d at 625. Thus, in considering instructions on a lesser-included offense of premeditated first-degree murder, “f a jury could rationally conclude that premeditation was lacking, a second[-]degree murder instruction would be needed.” Krone, 182 Ariz. at 323, 897 P.2d at 625.

And [the appellate court] “defer to the trial judge's assessment of the evidence.” State v. Wall, 212 Ariz. 1, 126 (2006).

State v. Sprang (Ariz. Ct. App. 2011) 227 Ariz. 10, 12-13

Someone posted this Tawni Dilly YT vid last week ( sorry can't remember who!) but look at the 24 sec mark. Mitigation lady has papers hanging over rail while talking to Jodi's relatives and certainly looks like her mum( going by shirt she wore) is reaching for them.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 31. The camera was still running after court had ended. Starts 0:16 - YouTube

OMG I watched that clip several times and never noticed the Mitigator and JA's Mother of to the right! Unbelievable!

Good Morning All! Was at a dinner party last night. Of course the trial came up. My best friend and I are "experts" having seen almost all of the trial. ( She is really hung up on the tree tying talk) We took a straw poll.

Out of 16 people, I was the only one who thinks she is getting murder 1. Everyone else thinks 2nd degree. :snooty:

Also, everyone was unanimous in that the jurors MUST be livid at the amount of time wasted so far, and how dreadful HLNonsense's coverage is, between commercials and side bars (and puke) it was about an hour a day last week of actual testimony.

Let's get this done!!!

This is what I heard got reported then Jodi and her sidekick Maria retaliated with the ribbon reporting. I saw the smug look as Maria walked in right after devastating aTravis family re the ribbons. Them she shared her smugfest with Jodi. She disgusts me aiding and abetting this murderer.

I have no probs with any defendant being properly represented, but when the defense involves deceit, lies, and destroying the victim and their family, then I have nothing but contempt for them!

This DT have drunk the JA koolaid, and don't care how low they must sink to present , imo, a convoluted defense. I believe they know what a monster JA is, and yet they're perfectly willing to do whatever to let her back out into society?!

It's like it's personal for them, and they've absorbed JA's ugliness. I bet her aura is an oily black cloud.

Refresh my memory. What is this referring to?. I had to resort to my phone, the margins still are blown on my nook. And seeing 200 post on page 200 posts blown!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

sorry bout that. it was fixed before I could even fix it. I wasn't even paying attention after I posted it.

Isn't the trial supposed to start at 9:30 AZ time today? And will finish up at 12:30 for the day? Or do I have that wrong?

OMG I watched that clip several times and never noticed the Mitigator and JA's Mother of to the right! Unbelievable!

And that was a PIECE OF PAPER passed, not a "birthday card" and if it was all on the up and up and harmless then why so sneaky Maria? She even glanced up to see if anyone was watching! No no no.

Isn't the trial supposed to start at 9:30 AZ time today? And will finish up at 12:30 for the day? Or do I have that wrong?

That's Thurs. trial hours. Today is a full day starting at 10am AZ time.

Transient Global Amnesia, disassociated amnesia, personality disorders, flooded hippocampus, PDST, etc, etc. What feeble claim is Samuels going to make next!! I'm waiting for JA's head to spin around and green vile spew from her mouth. Then Dr. Quack can claim she's possessed and that's why she can't remember slaughtering Travis.

And he's NOT a MD! I doubt he's even qualified to make such sweeping statements about what the brain will or won't do when that campus of hippos gets overcrowded!!!!!

J. Scott Dutcher, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Attorney, is who addressed the court regarding the defendant going back into an unsecured area (the judges chambers).

2aezdbk.png

More photos from that hearing:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8817421&postcount=53

I read a comment and sorry, I can't remember where (I think it was written by a poster here in a past thread?), but it was something to the effect that we don't need to worry about Jodi in the courtroom because she is wearing a stun belt. I didn't think she had anything like that attached to her. Does anyone know if this is true? TIA

No. That is Thursday. Today starts at 10:00 PST

Good Morning All! Was at a dinner party last night. Of course the trial came up. My best friend and I are "experts" having seen almost all of the trial. ( She is really hung up on the tree tying talk) We took a straw poll.

Out of 16 people, I was the only one who thinks she is getting murder 1. Everyone else thinks 2nd degree. :snooty:

Also, everyone was unanimous in that the jurors MUST be livid at the amount of time wasted so far, and how dreadful HLNonsense's coverage is, between commercials and side bars (and puke) it was about an hour a day last week of actual testimony.

Let's get this done!!!

"Everyone else" don't know what they are talking about.

In my less than humble opinion of course. This jury will convict her of first degree murder and sentence her to death.

I'm sticking with THAT!

In the ER they give me IV bags of caffeine and then morphine IV push. Most of my migraines now a days I get from being in the sun.

Court starts at 10am AZ time.

The sun and clenching my teeth are my main migraine triggers.

Good Morning everyone!!!

I am trying to decide if I am strong enough to stomach today's trial.
I am at work but I can listen on my phone.
Is the good doctor still on the stand????

So that's where she got the idea.

Travis says three different times in the phone tape that he doesn't like Spiderman. "I'm not a huge fan [of Spiderman]," "I'm actually not a big fan of Spiderman," and "I don't like Spiderman though." [50:30 to 51:06 on the tape] Not going to link the video but will give a non-hyperlink:

At the 11:37 mark on the tape Travis tells Jodi, "I am really excited about our little, uh, forest...Jodi: adventure. Travis: yeah. Jodi: So you're coming up here before Cancun? Travis: "Yeah, that's, that's my plan." She repeats their plan to go to the Oregon Coast, Crater Lake and the Shakespeare Festival, and she asks what else he is going to do while he is in northern California. "And then I guess you'll go up and see your friends in Washington or something." "I'm not going to do all that," he says, "You are at the top of the list."

To MeeMaw re what they were doing the 3 hours 35 minutes between the last of the eight nude photos and the first of the shower photos: Someone was checking email on Travis' computer for 35 minutes, from 5:19 to 5:56 pm. But Travis also apparently assembled the floor cleaner he'd bought several weeks earlier, as his roommate Zach Billings told investigators Travis had not yet assembled it, but when he returned home the floor cleaner was in the middle of the living room, assembled, and the furniture up on the sofa as though he were getting ready to clean the tile.

Travis apparently also washed the bedding, which was found in the dryer. His ring and watch were on the kitchen counter.

Question: Why would he interrupt his floor cleaning to take a shower? And, more importantly, why would he take "not a shower?" I think I can prove he wasn't taking a shower. Refer to the video below:

.03 second mark - The ONLY photo in which is hands are anywhere near his body but he is merely clutching his hands together near his heart. No soap, no loofa or washcloth, just...posing.

.08 - Facing the BACK of the shower, very close to the back wall, with Arms UP - water does not appear to be running.

.15 - Still facing back wall. Face up against back wall. Elbow bent but arms far above his head. Shower does not appear to be running.

.22 - Stilll tightly against back wall. Arms still overhead. Water does not appear to be running.

.30 - Mouth open, facing right toward shower head. Water does not appear to be running.

.36 - Still facing shower head. Only chin to chest shown. Maybe water.

.43 - Looking toward floor, facing shower head, but where's the water?

.50 seconds - Arms extended up but why? It's out of the path of the shower head. Water dripping from back of his neck?

.57 seconds - Both arms up and away from shower head. Nothing washing anything. Little water.

1:03 - Facing left. Same pose away from shower head. Why are his arms still up? They're way away from any water.

1:11 - Facing left, looking down. Arms fully extended far above his head. WHY??? Very creepy.

1:18 - Up against and facing back wall, arms still over his head. (Note: It's very difficult to hold one's arms high over their head for any length of time. Try it.)

1:24 - Very dark but may be frontal shot. Arms high once again, out of shower range. What's going on???

1:32 - Facing left, away from shower head. 3/4 turned toward camera. One fist visible near chin. No water?

1:40 - Dark, hard to see

1:45 - Very weird. Is he lying down on the shower floor with his arm raised or what?

1:53 - Dark. Seated close to his final pose. Seated looking into camera lens.

2:00 - Seated looking into camera. Looks terrified. Water running.

2:08 - Seated, right arm extended straight toward his knee; showed only bottom part of his body from armpit down.

He has his arms HIGH UP in NINE photos, from the second shot on, about HALF of all photos until the last, sad shot of his face.

Shower Pics of Travis Alexander - YouTube

And someone poses in a shower for pictures with the shower door closed? I can see the door is closed.
I wasn't there so I don't know if he used soap or not.

"Everyone else" don't know what they are talking about.

In my less than humble opinion of course. This jury will convict her of first degree murder and sentence her to death.

I'm sticking with THAT!

YES!!! That is the outcome that we want!!

My dad used to mix up a BC or Goody's in a small glass of orange juice or Coca Cola and have me drink it. And the doctor who first prescribed me Imitrex told me this was a good way to go if I didn't have my medication readily available, because BC and Goody's have aspirin and caffeine, the best OTC solution for migraines.

But you're right: it took FOREVER to help, sometimes a couple of days. Tylenol or Advil? I might as well have taken nothing. :twocents:

How interesting! Another combination to help minimize stroke damage is alcohol and caffeine, which some paramedics dub "The Kahlua Cure" since the handiest way to get it into patients is just to keep a bottle of Kahlua handy. The only patients we gave it to were family members, but their symptoms were gone in short order.

Couldn't find a link mentioning that but I found this one that mentions Irish Coffee, which amounts to the same thing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/474704.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member