long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
:doorhide:Just checking to see if I got a time out after last night's throwdown....

I think I'm ok....lol.

You're good :) I have my duct tape sitting right here beside me if I need it. If you need it today, just give me a holler! :floorlaugh:

About 1 hour - do we start with Samuels on the stand still?

Something tells me there is something big happening today

ampulheta.jpg

BBM - the DT rests?:great: One can only hope. Maybe the DV lady decided not to face JM?

I've always been told that "crazy people are strong" (said in the knowing voice of my 73 year old grandmother...)

That made me laugh! :)

I swear it's true... I have never questioned her strength. She murdered Travis all on her own.

But doesn't JW get to go back and try to clean up Big Gus's mess after JM is finished with him? I hope not! And there are more jury questions from what I understand. So I have a "feeling" we are going to see Big Gus all day :banghead:
I think the sequence is juror questions, JW, JM. JW doesn't get an extra round after that. And I would guess that if there are only a couple of juror questions that the judge won't let JW ramble on forever with follow-up to them.

I am thinking that Jodi thought their secret travel life was to continue even after she moved to Yreka, whether or not he dated others. Travis told her he was coming to visit her in Y during their phone sex conversation. The middle of the night phone calls could have been sexy time as well, thus giving Arias additional justification to feel that the breakup was just a breakup as far as the world knew. They had already secretly been traveling and screwing, so naturally she would be discreet and they could continue. After all the phone sex and debasement she had taken and even initiated, for him to take that from her and then threaten to ruin her opportunity to reattach to another rich PPL guy (after she had given up so much, in her view). I feel quite certain Travis said things to her as they fought on June 4th which hit far too close to home. Might have said she is like a man liking oral sex, anal sex and testosterone, might have said he wonders if her bottom is normal and that he is inexperienced really and she could be a he/she for all she knows. You can see her feeling like she would have to kill him for saying she wasn't all woman despite the nose job, the boob job, the clit job or whatever job. Pure speculation, folks, just throwing it out there. PS> have you all been talking about that huge bruise on Jodi's arm? Anyone know how she got that?

I have read that Travis Alexander was a very social person - corresponding on a daily basis with multiple people.

Did Travis Alexander call, text, email anyone on June 4?

It seems to me that Travis Alexander was motivated to be a successful business person. His motivation would have given Travis Alexander the need to communicate with as many people on a daily basis (as Travis Alexander would be motivated to "knock on as many doors as possible - seek out as many opportunities as possible)."

Regardless if Arias was at his home - or if the woman of his dreams showed up at his house the early hours of June 4 - Travis Alexander's motivation for success would require him to have communication with other people.

I've never heard that Travis Alexander made calls, texts, sent emails, ect. on June 4. Due to this, I have always been under the impression that when Travis Alexander realized Arias was at his house - Arias had Travis Alexander by force. Arias never concealed her visit as "friendly." If Arias showed up at Travis Alexander's house under the guise of, "Thanks for letting me in ... I just need a place to stay for a couple of hours .... Thanks for letting me in, I have missed you, please know that I am very sorry for causing you any pain, will you pray with me..."

If Arias showed up and Travis Alexander was free to do what he wanted - If Arias showed up and Travis Alexander was free to go about his day - I think that Travis Alexander would have been in contact with at least one person on June 4. And, considering Travis Alexander's past with Arias would have at least told one person: Arias is at my house.

I have always wondered why Travis Alexander did not send a SOS email, text, phone call to a friend alerting someone that Arias was at his house. If this would have happened, two of Travis' friends could have stopped by his house on June 4 at 1pm to pick Travis up for his 'meeting.' Travis Alexander may not have known that Arias was going to murder him - but Travis Alexander could have known that he did not want Arias at his house, called / texted / emailed a friend saying something such as, "Have a girl at my house - Need an excuse to get out - Come over to pick me up for the "meeting" we need to go to - Thanks - See you soon - Seriously this is important I need to get out of my house."

It seems to me as though Travis Alexander was Arias prisoner as soon as he realized that Arias was in his home on June 4. If not - TA could have pretended to "run to the store to get something special to cook for Arias," TA could have sweet talked Arias into taking her out to a special lunch, TA could have gotten Arias to the mall to buy a special swim suit for Cancun. TA could have "moved" himself into a safer environment if he was not Arias prisoner the moment she revealed herself to him on June 4.

More things that I do not understand: Why was Darryl Brewer's face not shown in court? I do not think that anyone wants to be associated with Arias (or people like her). It seems strange to me that Darryl Brewer not only requested but was granted not to have his face shown. Also, do people really believe that Arias is an Hermaphrodite? Did Arias really have surgery to make her more female, breasts implants, ect? Do people really believe that Travis Alexander sent Arias the text telling her that he was going to tell everyone the truth if she did not is about Arias being an hermaphrodite?

Thank you in advance to the person that takes the time to answer these questions. I greatly appreciate it!

I have hard time believing that Travis Alexander was willingly with Arias on June 4 - I just think that he could have easily reached out to someone, get that person to come to his house, and Travis Alexander could have made up an excuse as to why he had to leave. I don't think that Travis Alexander was able to do this as Arias held him captive from the time she arrived on June 4 until Arias watched Travis Alexander take his last breath.

I totally agree. It is rare that you find a victim as squeaky clean as Travis Alexander. He reminds me so much of my youngest son (minus his addiction). Acted as the father for the siblings, adored by them.

Here's my question for you - Why did the defense go for self-defense when there is proof everywhere that she is criminally crazy, crime of passion, etc.

This may be a question more for the legal people here, but I'd like to hear what you think.
I'm not a legal person but I believe it was their only option. She comes nowhere near the legal burden to establish insanity as required by Arizona's modified M'Naghten rule...and the premeditation discounts crime of passion entirely.

I still think the latter would have been a better argument but maybe they felt they couldn't overcome the premed.

When he goes into professional wrestling his name will be Kirk, "the body," Nurmi. His signature move will be known as "the Sealer."

And by placing his fingers just in and under his nose, the fans will go wild 'cuz they know "The Sealer" move is coming!

My big 'ouch' moment came the day she said that she didn't mean to shoot him. Something about she pointed the gun to make him stop and it just went off. AAAAAHHHHH! Instant out for those on the jury who have a doubt if TA was 'abusing' her.

There is too much evidence that she killed him (including her statement on the stand) to just 'let her go'.The stabbing/slashing can be explained as a battered woman in mortal fear for her life.

But if anyone is having a problem with the premed claims by JM,there is not enough for the DP.

Manslaughter is an alternative. In AZ, IIRC, the sentence for manslaughter is 10-12 years. She has already served 5 years or so. :(

I started to panic when that one sentence came out of her lying mouth.

:razz:

At this point, it really doesn't not matter what spewed out of her lying lips. Numerous other facts clearly indicate that this nutcase left California with a seemingly well-thought out plan to kill Travis Alexander... one way or another. That is premeditation period, regardless of whether or not she used the gun first vs. the knife first. Manslaughter IS NOT an option in this case. It will either be Premeditated Murder 1 (DP) or Murder 1 (LWOP).

This jury is not asleep! A cursory review of the numerous questions that they posed to Arias, lead me to believe that they have this psycho's number. She and her defense team would have stood a far better chance of a more favorable outcome, if they would have asserted a "diminished capacity" defense. Their smug "self-defense" stance is so completely far-fetched, it is an affront to anyone's intelligence to think that it will fly.

My big 'ouch' moment came the day she said that she didn't mean to shoot him. Something about she pointed the gun to make him stop and it just went off. AAAAAHHHHH! Instant out for those on the jury who have a doubt if TA was 'abusing' her.

There is too much evidence that she killed him (including her statement on the stand) to just 'let her go'.The stabbing/slashing can be explained as a battered woman in mortal fear for her life.

But if anyone is having a problem with the premed claims by JM,there is not enough for the DP.

Manslaughter is an alternative. In AZ, IIRC, the sentence for manslaughter is 10-12 years. She has already served 5 years or so. :(

I started to panic when that one sentence came out of her lying mouth.

:razz:

If one is really in fear for their life, you stab then run, certainly not 29 times. And for sure not cutting a man's throat to the point of near decapitation when he's already down. The whole self defense theory is beyond ridiculous, imo.

And if the DT's goal is to explain it away with this she just 'snapped' or whatever it is they want to call it, because she's been so terribly abused, well, that wouldn't make me feel any better either if I were a juror. Think about it, if she has a tendency to black out, go into a rage and stab someone 29 times then almost behead them, she will always be a danger to society and should never be allowed to go free. I don't care what kind of excuse they want to white wash it in. Maybe they can use it to get her out of the death penalty, idk, but getting this dangerous murderer off on manslaughter and out in a few years would be a crime in itself, imo.
I so hope and pray that the jury has enough common sense to realize that as well.

I think Arias used a check list like the following from a Domestic Violence assistance org. to compile her set of victim grievances: 1.) name calling 2.) put-downs 3.) sexual assault 4.) intimidation 5.) withholding money 6.) preventing or hindering job success 7.) stalking

She didn't miss an item, except oops! she got #7. backward. But she would tell you it still counts because this is domestic violence and it doesn't matter which partner is acting out. Besides, she gets a lot of things backward.

I like the way Dr. <mod snip> tried to sell how her actions were haphazard and not organized because of her mental state. In other words, if she really did plan this out, she would have cleaned up and not left things behind intentionally.

Apparently it is also highly improbable that someone who pre-meditated a murder to be stressed afterwards or experience symptoms of true PTSD.

You go girl! If nothing else when this is all over... I would like a separate trial ... I want the Fashion Police to throw the book at the Mit. for fashion atrocities AND... I want Jodi's greasy-azzed bangs and hideous khaki pants to get the death penalty!

I just want to know, where do they get those cloths she wears from?
Are they hers?
They look like they are from 1970...and half the time they are too small...
I hate it when ladies blouses gap right where the twins reside....:notgood:

Good morning/afternoon. I caught up on some of last night's/this mornings posts and other news, but I spent the last few hours doing prep for our Seder for two this evening. I'm ready to watch the trial and follow discussion here as nothing else needs to be done until DH gets home.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend despite some of the nasty weather in some parts. Looking forward to watching JM continue his grilling of Dr. Samuaels.

Please prepare to move over to our new thread, prior to this mornings court session. This thread will close in approximately 15 minutes.

Please continue here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203089"]trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #104 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

TIA
fran

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads