GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is his actual page, but somebody posted on the News 4 Jax Facebook page a link saying it is the younger suspect's Facebook. It's under the article about the suspects going to court this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/WJXT4TheLocalStation

If this is the younger suspect's page, I noticed there is a picture in 2011 of a headstone for a man with the last name Elkins.

Oh...also loooong time lurker first time poster! Hello!!

Welcome to Websleuths!

I don't think that is the 15 yrs old page. This person has been posting since the arrest of DL.

The mother of the younger suspect was just on HLN. She said her son was a witness, and did not know the older boy.

And then what? He asked his aunt to give the boy he didn't know a ride? O'key-dokey.

I'm not sure if this is his actual page, but somebody posted on the News 4 Jax Facebook page a link saying it is the younger suspect's Facebook. It's under the article about the suspects going to court this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/WJXT4TheLocalStation

If this is the younger suspect's page, I noticed there is a picture in 2011 of a headstone for a man with the last name Elkins.

Oh...also loooong time lurker first time poster! Hello!!

:welcome5: ! boy do I appreciate your opting to come out of lurkdom now, thanks for the link :)

Sherry West when she gave his description.

Eta: Police were combing school records and canvassing neighborhoods searching for the pair. While police have said the two boys were between the ages of 10 and 15, the mother says she believes the younger boy was as young as 5 years old.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-west-dead-georgia-baby-killed_n_2931273.html

She seemed to think the older suspect was younger than he is as well. She is basically just off on her ages. Maybe because once you get a certain age, teenagers seem to be younger than they are. And by the way, the other articles I've seen say she told police the younger boy was 10.
I have no idea where huffington post is getting a five year old?

She seemed to think the older suspect was younger than he is as well. She is basically just off on her ages. Maybe because once you get a certain age, teenagers seem to be younger than they are.

I agree! I just wanted to provide a link to the article so it didn't become a 3 page long discussion. :)

Grandmother of 15 yrs old speaks out.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst.../Family-says-15-year-old-is-not-a-baby-killer

"The grandmother further explained that the 15-year-old was simply outside in his yard when 17-year-old DE allegedly approached and forced him at gun point to go on a journey that would end in the shooting death of the 13-month-old."

This grandmother called First Coast News this morning and then later on in Brunswick they interviewed her. Watch the video.

the Huffington post article is wrong IMO. Mom was cited in numerous other articles back when this case first broke as saying she thought the 2nd teen was around 10, maybe between 10 and 13.

the Huffington post article is wrong IMO. Mom was cited in numerous other articles back when this case first broke as saying she thought the 2nd teen was around 10, maybe between 10 and 13.

Yes, she was off, but not that off.

Thank you all for clearing that up about the 5 YO comment. I hadn't seen the other articles where she said he might be b/w 10 and 13. That's a little more with it. If she really thought he might be only 5 years old, she'd be pretty off target and potentially her testimony could have been called into question for that reason.

Well this just irritates me. I can't copy the parts that I want to discuss. But the grandma says the boy is just guilty by association and he doesn't know DE and Her poor grandson was just outside playing in the yard when DE took him at gunpoint to go kill the baby.

GMAB the aunt of the 15 y/o gave DE a ride away from the crime scene and was seen by witnesses. But the poor 15 y/o victim didnt even know DE. Whatever.

I would be 0% surprised to find out the 15 y/o had the gun and pulled the trigger. He's the one that managed to arrange a getaway car.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst.../Family-says-15-year-old-is-not-a-baby-killer

Yes, I would think that if one is forced by gun point to do something, one calls police afterward rather than arranging a ride for a person with a gun.
But mother of the murdered infant seems very sure older suspect was the one with the gun.

I believe both of them are charged with murder.
Both as adults.

Yes, I would think that if one is forced by gun point to do something, one calls police afterward rather than arranging a ride for a person with a gun.
But mother of the murdered infant seems very sure older suspect was the one with the gun.

I'd like to see a pic of the boys side by side. Because DE looks extremely short. I wonder if she was just going by height and DE is shorter than DL.

Just a thought. I could be wrong. I'm probably wrong. I'm just sick of one family saying "we was eating grits" and the other saying "he was forced at gunpoint". What freaking ever.

If you shoot a baby or hang out with someone that shoots a baby be prepared to rot in prison.

Based on the photos, I would say 15 year old definetely looks the younger of the two. Since mother says younger boy was behind, and older one had a gun, that would suggest 15 year old was not the shooter.

"This is a botched up investigation. I don't see how the police sleep, the detectives sleep. They know my grandson's innocent."

The grandmother further explained that the 15-year-old was simply outside in his yard when 17-year-old De'Marquise Elkins allegedly approached and forced him at gun point to go on a journey that would end in the shooting death of the 13-month-old.

I get it. Mom and grandma are scared for their baby, and he once was a baby, probably just as cute as little Antonio was. But if this is the story he fed them and they are buying it, it is easy to see how this mom is unaware her son is running with the wrong crowd.

A show of hands from mothers and grandmothers in this thread - who would buy this line of bull if their kid was handing it to them?

If his mother and grandmother's questions and concerns about where he goes and who he hangs with were this easy to brush off with a cockamamie lie I feel very bad for them and I totally get where things went wrong with this kid.

MOO

And Mr. Elkins wasn't even there-according to his aunt he was eating a nice big breakfast at her house.
Why does anyone should believe anything when it comes to relatives defending their offspring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member