CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there seems to be a lot of stuff added on as time goes by. MOO

Yep, they got home about 8:00 & if Dylan went right to bed how did he text about 9:37? Red Flag. Nerf football has been mentioned once? When did that happen? So many red flags. :banghead:

I believe the "hobby" being referred to is that which you and others discussed in Thread #45, posts ...801...

I would bring it over, but most of it is mod-snipped, so I'd rather not.

Thanks.

JMO, IMO

Short term memory loss attributable to TOS violation? :floorlaugh:

No, I think it may have been the very lst or 2nd interview, IIRC he said something to the effect Dylan being tired from the night before that once they got home Dylan just went right to bed...hmmm.

I couldn't tell you exactly where I saw or read this but I remember it too FWIW.

The story did seem to evolve.

Just dropping this in here

There’s been some discussion ^upthread re how much time is needed for a scent to be detected by HRD dogs

sarx has been on some various Dylan threads, but I cheated and grabbed some comments from an HRD questions thread (Baby Lisa case)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152258.html

BBM

sarx
10-21-2011, 08:25 PM
The dogs have the ability to smell it at the moment of death, I've watched house pets be able to tell as someone passed.
sarx
10-21-2011, 09:12 PM
HRD dogs will also hit on what is called transfer scent. Say you touch your dead grandmother and then grab your phone, they'll hit on the phone as well.

Yes, they will hit on buried, how far depends on the training. 18 inches to 3 ft. is standard, and the more training and the higher your certification rating the deeper you go. Dogs have been trained and have had great success at 15 to 20 ft.
Oriah
10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Decomp scent begins the moment a person dies. But there is a 'window' of confusion (in scent discrimination) when a scent trail turns to decomp. So for example- I go missing. A trailing dog is given my pillowcase as a scent article. That dog is trained to scent on ME (using scent particles). Then it turns out that I'm probably deceased. My other pillowcase is given as a scent article. THAT dog (a different dog) is now scenting off of the same particles, but it has been trained as an HRD dog.

At what time an HRD dog is able to accurately alert on a specific decomp scent depends almost entirely on what kind of training they have had.

One dog may be trained to detect decomp from chemical changes inside the body. One dog may be trained to detect gasses produced during decomp, and released from the body. And just to complicate further lol- one dog may be trained to detect cell(s) that have decomposed to a specific age and are unique to an individual. HTH.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but she was referring to the first few days of the search, I believe.

When I read her post, I thought she meant that it appeared as if LE in the first couple days had 'decided' what they thought happened. I took it to mean that LE thought he did indeed run away and a real search as they would do for a child they suspected was abducted, or was harmed wouldn't be necessary... Their thinking in the first few days is well-documented in regard to them saying they believed he was a run-away.

I didn't take her comment to mean that LE immediately suspected MR, or that there was anything involving the lake whatsoever - especially not that in the first days of the search that he was indeed in the lake and just decided to wait until Spring...

As I recall the immediate searches were to look for clues along the roadway, and that would actually indicate that at that time they believed MR's hypothesis that he left the house of his own accord. Even when parents insist their child has not run away, sometimes LE still treats it that way - especially with teens.

All of the theories, and suspicions about the Lake itself has come way after the fact that police announced they no longer believed it was a case of DR running away, and that they had declared it officially a criminal investigation.

I'm just jumping in here because I actually think you are both on the same page, and don't even realize it perhaps...

Thank you.

BBM Exactly. For some reason, LE was investigating the lake on Saturday (almost a week after Dylan was reported missing).

--

Members of La Plata County Search and Rescue continued to search the Vallecito Lake area Sunday. According to Dan Bender with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, two search and rescue K-9s alerted officials of unidentified scent sources at Vallecito Lake Saturday and Sunday morning

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/20/officials-looking-for-missing-teen-dylan-redwine-near-durango/

I try to take my cues on information released by LE. They went to to lake because of some lead or something, right?

Thank you.

BBM Exactly. For some reason, LE was investigating the lake on Saturday (almost a week after Dylan was reported missing).

--

Members of La Plata County Search and Rescue continued to search the Vallecito Lake area Sunday. According to Dan Bender with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, two search and rescue K-9s alerted officials of unidentified scent sources at Vallecito Lake Saturday and Sunday morning

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/20/officials-looking-for-missing-teen-dylan-redwine-near-durango/

I try to take my cues on information released by LE. They went to to lake because of some lead or something, right?

So not even a week after Dylan was reported missing they had HRD dogs at the lake? Isn't that interesting. I wonder what prompted them to bring HRD dogs to the lake to begin with? A fishing pole maybe? Did they find something else of Dylan's at the lake?

From the same article above. BBM What is an unidentified scent? I wonder why Middle Mountain Rd?

Members of La Plata County Search and Rescue continued to search the Vallecito Lake area Sunday. According to Dan Bender with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, two search and rescue K-9s alerted officials of unidentified scent sources at Vallecito Lake Saturday and Sunday morning.
Divers from New Mexico State Police also prepared to search the south end of the lake Sunday, according to Bender.
Officials will continue to scour the Vallecito area, including miles of USFS Middle Mountain Road. Bender said in a news release that scenarios ranging from abduction to runaway are being examined.

Maybe I have missed it so maybe someone can tell me of a case that this has happened.

Does anyone know of a case that was classified as a runaway in which LE has brought in SAR within hours of being reported missing?

I cannot think of a case, but alas I am only one person.

As well, can anyone recall a time in a runaway case where LE has done a reverse 911 call.

I am truly perplexed here.

As well, can anyone recall LE sending a media alert in a runaway case?

At this point I am past perplexed.

As well, can anyone recall a time in a runaway case where LE has done a reverse 911 call.

I am truly perplexed here.

No I wouldn't think that would be the norm for a suspected runaway. So that tells me from early on they weren't so convinced he was a runaway.

Why would not finding a body in the lake not give one comfort.

Can anyone here explain this to me. I would be breathing the biggest sigh of relief imaginable.

"Elaine Redwine doesn’t believe her son is a runaway because it wasn’t his nature and because he was happy at his new school in Colorado Springs where he entered eighth grade this fall.

“It’s no comfort that they didn’t find anything in the water today,” she said Monday.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/0/SEARCH/Frustration-mounting

Good to see you! I am not able to be on as much as I was but I was wondering what happened to you...

Thanks! Well, I have been writing a business plan, applying for a business loan, looking at commercial spaces, researching attorneys etc, so I've been preoccupied but I've been checking every day or so...

From the same article above. BBM What is an unidentified scent? I wonder why Middle Mountain Rd?

I'm guessing that Bender is referring to the HRD dog alerts and since a body hasn't been recovered the source of the scent is unidentified.

Well, how do you know this is the case? I don't really know anything about that, but it sounds like you do? how dobyou know LE asked this persn not to? I dontbknow what you're talkng about so I don't know how to answer your question.

Sometimes, when you report various tips, you might get a call back from an investigator.

ETA Please note the plural in "tips"

What did these dogs use for scent?

I would truly love for someone to tell me, as LE has never stated there were no scent articles.

"Members of La Plata County Search and Rescue looked for Dylan on Monday night and all day Tuesday, using ground search teams and dogs."

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/0/SEARCH/'He-would-have-called

BBM:
11-26-12
None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the 1st days of the investigation. The family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend. “We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/News01/Frustration-mounting--

I wonder when MR says he spent 45 min "trying to wake up DR" that he was actually trying to resuscitate for 45 min?

Why would not finding a body in the lake not give one comfort.

Can anyone here explain this to me. I would be breathing the biggest sigh of relief imaginable.

"Elaine Redwine doesn’t believe her son is a runaway because it wasn’t his nature and because he was happy at his new school in Colorado Springs where he entered eighth grade this fall.

“It’s no comfort that they didn’t find anything in the water today,” she said Monday.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/0/SEARCH/Frustration-mounting

Im pretty sure she meant the opposite or else that weird phrase people use sometmes somethng like "small comfort" which actually means there's nothing good about the situation any way you look at it. Didnt she also say in that article that it was horrible having to look for him in the lake at all?<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member