Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Ok, here are some names for you all. PLEASE DO NOT IN ININDATE DOE or agencies with questions. I will followup! I started looking for Canada missing last week and have not had time to exclude any.

Arensen, Dixie – California
Batoche, Mildred – Canada -
Bryant, Rickey Jean - Wisconsin
Carrier, Diane – Canada
Coleman, Harriet - Washington
Davis, Cathern - California
Drover, Sharon – Canada
Egnoski, Ruth – Wisconsin
French, Patricia Diana – Canada
Frost, Helen Claire – Canada
Hill Angela A – Washington
Greenley, Noreen – Canada
Hallock, Carmen Marie – Florida
Howell, Brenda - California
Kirkland, Delilah – Texas
Klayh, Sylvia Linda
Olanna, Fanny - Alaska
Pellerin, Clara – Canada
Polizzi, Darlene – New Jersey
Redman, Donnis Marie - California
Reine, Wanda Medeiros – Massachusetts
Schuett, Marianne – Canada
Sullivan, Dennise Jeannette –Utah

If any one knows how to get these: there were two other recreations done of this doe earlier than the "redhead" one we see posted around. Nothing against the person who did it, but I think it would open my mind to see even more variations of Annie (although the drawing really helps)
I have no idea how to get a hold of those pics.

If any one knows how to get these: there were two other recreations done of this doe earlier than the "redhead" one we see posted around. Nothing against the person who did it, but I think it would open my mind to see even more variations of Annie (although the drawing really helps)
I have no idea how to get a hold of those pics.

Deca I did the drawing of the the model. I put it in photo shop and got it in black and white, then did a drawing in color pencil beside it to give it color.

You can just click on them and print them out.

Deca I did the drawing of the the model. I put it in photo shop and got it in black and white, then did a drawing in color pencil beside it to give it color.

You can just click on them and print them out.

Sorry if I wasn't clear Skully- I know you did the drawing- thanks for that! It helps. That clay one looks so lifeless.

But there were two other re-creations of Annie done by professionals before the redheaded clay one we see. I just have never seen those and wonder if anyone here knows how to find them.

I think it would be interesting to see them and helpful for comparisons.

Found this trademark/logo info. re: the silver ring

Not sure how much it helps?

http://www.antique-jewelry-investor.com/crime-scene-investigation.html

Sorry if I wasn't clear Skully- I know you did the drawing- thanks for that! It helps. That clay one looks so lifeless.

But there were two other re-creations of Annie done by professionals before the redheaded clay one we see. I just have never seen those and wonder if anyone here knows how to find them.

I think it would be interesting to see them and helpful for comparisons.

I've not seen any others. There is another currently being done but I'm only aware of the skull recreation.

I've not seen any others. There is another currently being done but I'm only aware of the skull recreation.

Whoops. My bad- I misinterpreted something said in this article which I had read some time ago and obviously misremembered. :facepalm:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t6585.htm

The article talks about the process of coming up with Annie doe's face. At some point in the article the detective talks about not wanting a drawing and I thought he meant that they already had a drawing and wanted a 3d image.
Ok, carry on folks, nothing to see here but my mistakes!:seeya:

I wanted to share with you all that the site highlighting the rings is attracking a crowd! Yvonne is going to load the pic that Skully came up with. The site had 498 hits Thurs and 521 Friday - Austrilia is a day ahead of us.

As someone suggested the faux mother-of-pearl ring might be a class ring, I just wondered if it would be worth posting a pic of it on class rings lost and found? There's a chance anyone getting in touch could tell us which high school it might have come from.

I'm not sure about the ethics though - as we already know who the rings belongs to, just not who that person is. Here's the site, anyhow. I've tried a short search for identical rings, but there are hardly any pics. :(

http://www.classringfinder.com/Default.aspx

Does anyone think the AL could stand for Alabama?

sorry I have been sore today, went for a biopsey and it was rough, so I will feel better tomorrow. I can check some of the names on the list. :seeya:

As someone suggested the faux mother-of-pearl ring might be a class ring, I just wondered if it would be worth posting a pic of it on class rings lost and found? There's a chance anyone getting in touch could tell us which high school it might have come from.

I'm not sure about the ethics though - as we already know who the rings belongs to, just not who that person is. Here's the site, anyhow. I've tried a short search for identical rings, but there are hardly any pics. :(

http://www.classringfinder.com/Default.aspx

Does anyone think the AL could stand for Alabama?

It really doesn't look or feel like a class ring. As far as the AL - can't rule it out!

It really doesn't look or feel like a class ring. As far as the AL - can't rule it out!

Agree.
I have also wondered how visible the AL is. I can see it in the picture, but I am assuming that LE angled it correctly and used lighting to make it show up better.
If the AL was subtle, I wonder if it was just an older ring that she had once scratched on. Then she decided that it "completed" her look that day and took it out of the drawer, figuring that the "AL" wasn't that noticeable?

Agree.
I have also wondered how visible the AL is. I can see it in the picture, but I am assuming that LE angled it correctly and used lighting to make it show up better.
If the AL was subtle, I wonder if it was just an older ring that she had once scratched on. Then she decided that it "completed" her look that day and took it out of the drawer, figuring that the "AL" wasn't that noticeable?

When I photo'd the ring, I got better pic with natural lighting rather than special lighting. It's noticable

Random thoughts and bits of this and that....

"AL" - I was googling AL and was researching all sorts of AL associated meanings. For some reason, this one caught my eye in particular from Answers.com:
"...What does AL stand for?"

"Answer:
Anno Lucis (the Year of Light) is a calendar system used in freemasonry. It is based on the Anno Mundi work of Bishop Ussher, 1581-1656, who determined that the the date of creation was 4004BC which the Freemasons modified to 4000BC for the purposes of AL. Adding Anno Mundi (modified) to the current date gives Anno Lucis; making 2010 AD = 6010 AL. Dates on foundation stones of Masonic Lodges are all in AL."

Then, the RED HAIR. I learned that only 2% of the American population have RED HAIR! How many registered missing persons are there with RED HAIR? For someone who knows how to search and cross index, this should *really* help narrow things down. The biggest population of RED HEADS is found in SCOTLAND with 13%.

Next, the CLOTHES. Wranglers and the shoes that are a Woolworths brand. Both the wranglers and those shoes were readily available in both the US and Scotland during 1971. Back in 1971, one in five purchases of jeans were wrangler jeans.

The fact a REDHEAD who is a 2%er in the US and has not been identified, leads me to wonder if she was visiting from Scotland, Ireland when she was victimized. I'm going to do more searches and see if I can find anything referring to missing tourists or news clippings from Dublin, Edinborough, etc. Needle in a haystack, but it kinda makes sense to me.

I just reread the news article re: the finding of Annie Doe's remains. They found a SILVER WEDDING BAND as well.....I certainly hope they took that band to a jeweler for analysis. That band could help determine her origin, quite possibly! Anyone know if this has been explored?

Adding another :twocents: worth:

The AL ring could have been handed down to her from a sister, mother, grandmother, etc. already scratched with their initials.

Or, since she had a wedding band, the AL could have been her husband's initials or even his name.

Another thought would be her child's name, but I'm not sure if it was ever determined that she bore children.

Random thoughts and bits of this and that....

"AL" - I was googling AL and was researching all sorts of AL associated meanings. For some reason, this one caught my eye in particular from Answers.com:
"...What does AL stand for?"

"Answer:
Anno Lucis (the Year of Light) is a calendar system used in freemasonry. It is based on the Anno Mundi work of Bishop Ussher, 1581-1656, who determined that the the date of creation was 4004BC which the Freemasons modified to 4000BC for the purposes of AL. Adding Anno Mundi (modified) to the current date gives Anno Lucis; making 2010 AD = 6010 AL. Dates on foundation stones of Masonic Lodges are all in AL."

Then, the RED HAIR. I learned that only 2% of the American population have RED HAIR! How many registered missing persons are there with RED HAIR? For someone who knows how to search and cross index, this should *really* help narrow things down. The biggest population of RED HEADS is found in SCOTLAND with 13%.

Next, the CLOTHES. Wranglers and the shoes that are a Woolworths brand. Both the wranglers and those shoes were readily available in both the US and Scotland during 1971. Back in 1971, one in five purchases of jeans were wrangler jeans.

The fact a REDHEAD who is a 2%er in the US and has not been identified, leads me to wonder if she was visiting from Scotland, Ireland when she was victimized. I'm going to do more searches and see if I can find anything referring to missing tourists or news clippings from Dublin, Edinborough, etc. Needle in a haystack, but it kinda makes sense to me.

I just reread the news article re: the finding of Annie Doe's remains. They found a SILVER WEDDING BAND as well.....I certainly hope they took that band to a jeweler for analysis. That band could help determine her origin, quite possibly! Anyone know if this has been explored?

I have noticed while looking through missing persons listings for other cases that the proportion of missing redheads, or of UIDs who were redheads, is quite a bit higher than 2%. Enough to make me wonder whether the hair makes them a target or something.

Also, that percentage varies according to the part of the country you're in. In the northeast, where there's significant immigration from Ireland, the proportion could be as high as 10-15%.

I have noticed while looking through missing persons listings for other cases that the proportion of missing redheads, or of UIDs who were redheads, is quite a bit higher than 2%. Enough to make me wonder whether the hair makes them a target or something.

Also, that percentage varies according to the part of the country you're in. In the northeast, where there's significant immigration from Ireland, the proportion could be as high as 10-15%.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Certain areas where there was an influx of Scottish/Irish immigrants such as MA, etc. have higher percentages of Reds. The *advertiser censored* avg. in the USA is stated as 2%. There's also some interesting folklore and other stats associated with Reds, and I wonder if you aren't right that they are more of a target. That in itself would be an interesting study.

All this said, I'm wondering if Annie's remains have been kept? Especially the skull. I am also wondering if there's anyway possible to get another rendering of her done. The original was probably pretty good for 1971, but I'm sure we could bring her more to life and increase the probability of identification. I know police resources are very slim. Anyone know of this being done in the past and how to go about it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back