a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching day 10, pt 1 of the trial. Unless i am mistaken, I think Jodis ex boyfriend said (I am paraphrasing) Jodi was taking a road trip and one of the places she was going was ARIZONA. This is during the questioning by Nurmi. He did not expect him to say that. He is the person who loaned her two gas cans.

I gained 8 lbs since the trial started. :what:
Of course these eating holidays (Valentine candy, St. Pat's Corned beef & Irish soda bread & all the Easter goodies) don't help. Does rocking in my office chair count as exercise? :floorlaugh:

No, but I will give you a reprieve while AL is on the stand you may rock in your chair when AL is shaking in her chair while the attorneys are at sidebar.

Seriously, did anyone else notice that - I was actually wondering if it was early Parkinson's or something. (It was the closest to that shaking Chihuahua that jodi described I have seen so far. But, seriously I do think there might be something medical going on there.)

Another thing that's odd to me is she doesn't look at her mother or aunt. She looks towards them at times, but it's always above their heads. No recognition from her at all. Not a wave, smile, nada. Very strange.

Interesting! I was wondering if some of the people sitting on her side (other than mom, aunt, donovan) were relatives like cousins or nieces... good to hear that they are Travis supporters. I would give anything to know the full story of her family and what has really been going on with them since her childhood. Of course, we'll likely never know all of it, but I sure hope some of them talk after the trial is over. Kind of strange that none of the residents of Yreka even talk about her. Usually you can get somebody to spill beans, but nothing, crickets. Maybe they're afraid.

OMG you guys...I am so blown away right now I can't even barely type.

I just got home from a quick two night getaway and checked my mail for the first time in a few days and my mail box was FILLED with notes and cards and gifts for me and more importantly the Alexander family to pass along.

I'm so overwhelmed I haven't even really gone through them all yet. I'm just digesting the first things I saw but I had to stop and express my overwhelming gratitude. Hally, TorisMom and someone who I don't know your posting name but you are from Arkansas and shoot now the other one I don't remember your name either I'm so discombobulated right now with mind blowing gratitude.

Thank you so much.

The handmade bracelet with all the charms representing so many meaningful things to me with a handmade box with the inside showing a photo of my sister and I as a baby copied and affixed to the lid...ok now I'm bawling.

I was so out of it due to the Katie Wick thing the day I left, I literally left my house for 2 nights with my front door standing open (don't worry the security screen door was locked...but DUH!). I am just getting some of these things because i rushed out so fast i didn't check mail that day either.

I will write each of you individually too...I hope you see this. My Dad just arrived yesterday and i will show him each and every thing as well along with the beautifully heart felt letters.

You all make my life worth living!!! xoxoxox :seeya:

Interesting! I was wondering if some of the people sitting on her side (other than mom, aunt, donovan) were relatives like cousins or nieces... good to hear that they are Travis supporters. I would give anything to know the full story of her family and what has really been going on with them since her childhood. Of course, we'll likely never know all of it, but I sure hope some of them talk after the trial is over. Kind of strange that none of the residents of Yreka even talk about her. Usually you can get somebody to spill beans, but nothing, crickets. Maybe they're afraid.

To clarify... I know that many of Travis' friends and co-acquaintances from when they were together from 2006-2008 have talked about Jodi, but I'm referring to childhood friends, relatives and town residents, etc not coming forward with any stories about her. There have been one or two restaurant co-workers that have commented, that I have heard, but that's about it. I honestly think that fear may be a factor... and I don't blame them!

I expect her to say "one time at Band Camp" when she's on the stand. I don't know how the jurors can stand to listen to her. I'd rather listen to RS than her and that is saying something. :)

Do you think the whole purpose of her testimony is to try to convince just one woman on the jury to hold out? So far every defense witness has ended up looking like a prosecution witness by the time cross was done. ALV's "all men are evil" attitude can only further harden the men again JA, so they have to be hoping one sympathetic woman falls for her and gums up the works. Do you get that feeling at all?

IF we ever know for sure, beyond what the learned ME said, that JA DID in fact inflict the stabs wounds first, it would have to mean she was ALWAYS lying.. from the very beginning... thinking and planing, planting all the lies..... and I for one believe she did and does. ANYONE, anyone at all, attorney or other who believes one tiny thing she says is pretty stupid. The evidence that she lies about anything and everything is overwhelming. With JA, there is absolutely NO SUCH THING as benefit of the doubt... not about a single thing. Not even bringing up the artful manipulation! IMHO and wheew that feels soo much better.:great:

JM showed the gunshot to be last under cross. When he showed the hall-dragging picture he asked her,"You didn't have the camera with you when you shot him, right?" (That's right.) "So this (sliced-throat dragging) needed to have happened before you shot him, right?" Answer: "THAT'S CORRECT."

Person posting from AR who's name is the same as a famous rich guy...please reveal yourself to me! lol (you sent me something and I don't remember your posting name).

JM showed the gunshot to be last under cross. When he showed the hall-dragging picture he asked her,"You didn't have the camera with you when you shot him, right?" (That's right.) "So this (sliced-throat dragging) needed tom have happened before you shot him, right?" Answer: "THAT'S CORRECT."

I did not catch that. Do you know what day the cross was????

Title idea for the book I hope Travis' family will write. "Disedified". It works on a few levels and will clue in the sorry excuse for a human that she was mispronouncing the word in all her tesilying.

Subtitle: The vocabulary of GUILT!

I have always believed stab wound to chest came first. I think gun shot was the last spiteful thing she did. Well, actually, there were a lot of spiteful things she did after his death, like the voice mail for instance. But I do believe she shot him for the heck of it. Mean and spiteful.

At the beginning I thought that the stabs were first, however, now that I have heard, read and seen the accounts...I'm tending to think she shot him first and it didn't kill him like she planned and he did LUNGE out of the shower after her. Maybe that part is true. Then after he lunged at her out of the shower and he knocked her down and the gun went flying he fled to the sink area and Jodi, realizing her plan didn't work of killing him neatly in the shower, began to stab him. I think when Travis lunged at her it it knocked the gun out of her hands. I think she has weaved some truth into the lies to make it seem more believable. I believe she planned on just killing him with one shot to the head in the shower, no fuss, no mess and her plan failed and she had to resort to the knife. That is what psychopaths do anyway is weave some truth into their lies. This is just my opinion anyway.

Yup, I've seen it too but still I just don't get people like Nurmi & Wilmott. Other defense attorney's talk about how they're just doing their job & it's a thankless, noble profession...blah blah blah.. But Nurmi makes his living interrogating and attempting to discredit little children who've been raped by pedophiles. His website solicits those accused of sex crimes. What are the odds the majority of potential clients are falsely accused? There's just no way I could do it. What Nurmi & JW are doing to TA's reputation all in an effort to save her life is unforgivable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All it takes is one angry parent,taking the law into their own hands by nurmis actions.

You're welcome. Always happy to share what I observe. Since we can't see the jury it can be frustrating wondering how they are reacting.

I was not at trial last week, had the crud.
What I can tell you is she has to turn around to the back to see the gallery. My guess is either D or her mother. The only supporters have been mother, twin, another lady (aunt?) D and her lover/partner. B Carr was there a few times but has since disappeared from the courtroom. Other that that, from what I can tell and from talking to others in the gallery, everyone else is team Travis. There are who just want to see her in person, but they believe she is guilty and they are not supporters of her.

The MS sits behind her so it could have been that ja was trying to get her attention (the MS).

Another thing that's odd to me is she doesn't look at her mother or aunt. She looks towards them at times, but it's always above their heads. No recognition from her at all. Not a wave, smile, nada. Very strange.

This cannot be lost on the Jury can it? They MUST be noticing the absence of emotions to and from Arias and her Mother??? This is VERY telling and I was just wondering if this might impact the Jury in any way?

I did not catch that. Do you know what day the cross was????

I totally caught that too! I wondered if anyone else did. Juan explicitly states, that all of that had to have happened before you shot him right? Arias states "Yes"! I about fell over! I don't think people caught the significance of this when it happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside