weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also called her a liar and a sociopath, doesn't seem he was far from the mark, and was provoked. What we don't know is what she said to him verbally that did not get texted, IM'd, or chatted. So we still do not have the correct context of what was going on late May. He did not want to talk with her anymore, he resorted to texting and said it was in response to her 'dire conversation,'
Yeah, wasn't there an email stating that JA wanted to actually talk to Travis on the phone? I kinda remember AL referring to it during her testimony. I still think that was her way to continue to threaten him. I don't believe she wanted to have any "record" of that conversation. I believe she went to Mesa to try and change his mind one last time about taking her to Cancun (2 tubes of suntan lotion and all!), but clearly in her own demented and diabolical mind she knew that any answer short of "yes" would be the end of Travis.

I know some of you are going to be amazed that I'm saying this, but... In fairness to ALV, she did not choose the passages upon which she based her testimony. Part of the problem with the foundation of her conclusions was that she admittedly relied on the often-summarized and thoroughly cherry-picked information the Defense Team provided her with. She admitted that she had not read all of the journal, for example, but only the material provided by the DT -- admitting that some of that was summarized (thus not verbatim). That doesn't excuse the broad conclusions she made based on such scanty evidence, but it is important to recognize the limitation of the material with which she worked.

Do not pile on me. I am not a fan of ALV's testimony in this case and have said so many times.

:cow:

As a professional she should have said that unless she had all of the journal entries and the text exchanges she wouldn't be able to comment on them. In my opinion since it is often difficult to understand the context of text messages, emails, etc. she should refrain from putting her own spin on them.

As unprofessional as she is and biased or uneducated etc. she is still collecting thousands of dollars from the Arizona tax payers.

As a professional she should have said that unless she had all of the journal entries and the text exchanges she wouldn't be able to comment on them. In my opinion since it is often difficult to understand the context of text messages, emails, etc. she should refrain from putting her own spin on them.

As unprofessional as she is and biased or uneducated etc. she is still collecting thousands of dollars from the Arizona tax payers.

I completely agree. I was just making a hairsplitting point regarding the source of her information, but as I said, I am no fan of what she did with it -- or that she did it at all, as you so eloquently point out here.

Yeah, wasn't there an email stating that JA wanted to actually talk to Travis on the phone? I kinda remember AL referring to it during her testimony. I still think that was her way to continue to threaten him. I don't believe she wanted to have any "record" of that conversation. I believe she went to Mesa to try and change his mind one last time about taking her to Cancun (2 tubes of suntan lotion and all!), but clearly in her own demented and diabolical mind she knew that any answer short of "yes" would be the end of Travis.
Stalkers always think if they can just "connect" personally (person-to-person or by phone) with their victims, then everything will be back under their control and they can get rid of that icky anxiety that keeps eating away at them.

snow.jpg

:gthanks:

There might not be anything quite like a true Perry Mason moment. The killer is not going to break down on the stand and admit her evil ways.

But he does have a few things up his sleeve, imo. First of all, I think he is going to break down this DV expert. I think he will be able to use her own little 'Abuse Continuum' to plug in Jodi's abusive actions. And he will be able to pinpoint LIES in her own journal written by her own hand, so that will impeach the source of ALV's conclusions.

In the first half hour he already got ALV to label Jodi as the victim, and not Travis, the man she slaughtered. :eek:

He will also PROVE that she lied to the jury when she swore that she returned that 3rd gas can. That will be powerful if he gets the records from Walmart proving she lied that day on the stand. Because the DT strategy has been that she USED TO lie, but not anymore and not under oath.

I think he has lots of things to support his contention that she stole that gun from her grandpa. She made so many mistakes on the stand tryimng to support her LIE about it being in his closet. " It was in a holster, no it wasn't, I only saw it once when cleaning, and it was not loaded, Oh wait, He said it was loaded and I saw him take it out with him one day...no wait, I saw it three times...what ammo? "

And I believe her 48 Hours and Inside Edition interviews are going to have a huge impact as well. She is soooooo creepy and cray-cray when she describes her smiling booking photo, and her claim that no jury will ever convict her. :shudder: Let alone the Iris's she sent to Travis's grieving grandmother. :eek:

Personally, I don't believe that Juan needs any more ammunition. I think he just needs a smoking Closing Argument, to string it all together cohesively. His biggest burden will be to avoid the 'reasonable doubt' trap. He has to get every single juror onboard.

I agree, however Mr. Martinez MUST tell the TRUE STORY of what REALLY happened. He must go through the story from the time she began to plan this murder. From the Burglary of the Grandparents home to the car rental, the trip down through Cali, the gas cans, Walmart, the Matt McCartney issues, etc. Martinez has to tie the entire story together the way it really happened as the Jury has heard for MONTHS now Arias's FAKE story and that is pretty much all they have heard. He needs to set out ALL the premeditation issues in a line and make sure there is NO doubt for that Jury that this thing deserves the DP. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER.

BBB
KK, I really want to understand why you are so tied to this idea. With or without it, there is irrefutable evidence putting her at the crime scene. The camera just happens to add a whole lot more to the story.

Just because it was a particular item under discussion last night. Pretty much the same with anyone else's opinions about any other aspect of this case that people talk about. I never said that the camera evidence was the only evidence nor did anyone else and can't imagine why you would think so. It's just a paticular part we were talking about at the time. Is there some kind of problem with some of us talking about this particular part of the evidence and speculating about it? Picking apart various aspects of this case and pondering them is what the forum is for and what everyone has been doing for hundreds of threads worth of discussion.
:waitasec:

Does anyone else remember that travis's computer was logged in on june 4th as Deanna? ALV was talking about another girl TA's was supposingly "using" and was abusive to. She had to have read that in an email. I think Jodi had hacked into TA's email and wrote that letter herself. I am positive after reading JA's journal (that she wanted found) that it was another cunning act by JA to use as an alibi. She is so manipulative she even created a new journal!! She had hacked into his accounts, and he knew it. So, she rewrote her journals before she was arrested. She even put in there something about her and Travis have decided to get new/private passwords for our emails for our FB, MS, and emails. We gave each other our passwords EONS ago. PLEASE!! :rolleyes: She was covering her arse just in case Travis had told anyone about his suspicions. I guess her real journal is wherever the gun and knife is, all tied up nice and neat with the imaginary rope. She was definitely blackmailing him. She is one sick, cunning, manipulative Beotch. :furious:

Interesting Dmacky! You could be onto something. I just a thought flash through my mind when she would go to that "hangout bar" or internet cafe and talk to that guy who lent her money for the trip (Paul somebody). Anyway, he said she was constantly writing in her journal. Not sure if that was before or after the murder ... or both.

I can so believe that she re-wrote her journal in the 5 week period before she was arrested. Well ... it gives me pause, anyway .. :what: We will never know of course and that bothers me to this day that we will NEVER know the truth behind this disgusting crime.

Has anyone of you noticed that Jodi was mirroring ALV's combative mode of responding to Juan's cross examination. It was obvious to me that ALV had spent a lot of time coaching and preparing Jodi for Juan's examination.

Given that Jodi testified before ALV, I think that it could have been the opposite. Both women - whether teacher or learner - are inherently argumentative, combative, and obtuse. One thing that Jodi did take away from her sessions with ALV and reading the books given to her by the "expert" witness was the DV lingo that Jodi used incessantly during her testimony. JA used enough buzz words and phrases to fill a beehive :rolleyes:

Does anyone else remember that travis's computer was logged in on june 4th as Deanna? ALV was talking about another girl TA's was supposingly "using" and was abusive to. She had to have read that in an email. I think Jodi had hacked into TA's email and wrote that letter herself. I am positive after reading JA's journal (that she wanted found) that it was another cunning act by JA to use as an alibi. She is so manipulative she even created a new journal!! She had hacked into his accounts, and he knew it. So, she rewrote her journals before she was arrested. She even put in there something about her and Travis have decided to get new/private passwords for our emails for our FB, MS, and emails. We gave each other our passwords EONS ago. PLEASE!! :rolleyes: She was covering her arse just in case Travis had told anyone about his suspicions. I guess her real journal is wherever the gun and knife is, all tied up nice and neat with the imaginary rope. She was definitely blackmailing him. She is one sick, cunning, manipulative Beotch. :furious:

I believe Deanna was listed as the owner so the computer may have originally belonged to her or she set it up for Travis when he purchased it. I believe that was what may have been stated in court by the computer expert. Somehow I think the computer expert for the rebuttal is on Jodi's computer. They may have been able to extract information not yet disclosed. One can only hope. jmo

I agree, however Mr. Martinez MUST tell the TRUE STORY of what REALLY happened. He must go through the story from the time she began to plan this murder. From the Burglary of the Grandparents home to the car rental, the trip down through Cali, the gas cans, Walmart, the Matt McCartney issues, etc. Martinez has to tie the entire story together the way it really happened as the Jury has heard for MONTHS now Arias's FAKE story and that is pretty much all they have heard. He needs to set out ALL the premeditation issues in a line and make sure there is NO doubt for that Jury that this thing deserves the DP. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER.

Yes.The prosecution in the KC trial did not, unfortunately, do that. Their closing argument was not good. They didn't go through June 15th/June 16th bit by bit. They sort of glossed over that day and spent more time on the days after. None of that was necessary of course. The evidence was compelling.

I have faith in JM. I think he will do a brilliant job.

I'm confused! Help!

It's about the durned cell phones. I know JA says she lost one, but Gus helped her out with a new one. The old one didn't have recording capability, but with her new toy they were able to make the sex tape.

So here's where I get confused. The sex tape was on May 10th, right.

Her journal entry of May 22 has good news, and that is she got her new cell phone.

Am I missing something?

Which "lost" cell phone was found by the aunt eons later?

:dunno:

I'd love to see some mapquested routes, looking for road works etc for the routes she took. And maybe even some hints at where she could have stopped, and how to burn things!

Given that Jodi testified before ALV, I think that it could have been the latter. Both women - whether teacher or learner - are inherently argumentative, combative, and obtuse. One thing that Jodi did take away from her sessions with ALV and reading the books given to her by the "expert" witness was the DV lingo that Jodi used incessantly during her testimony. JA used enough buzz words and phrases to fill a beehive :rolleyes:

BBM....Can I just add: Both women make me sick!

I have been reading the posts on this thread and I am struck by several common themes shared by so many of us.
The most prominent and significant ones are PAIN. HURT. LOSS. I do so wish I could wave a magic wand and make all of those disappear but I can't. in their own way, they have influenced us and shaped who we are.
As this trial has progressed, I think we have all been affected in different ways and much of the pain, hurt and loss that we have felt in our own lives has come to the forefront. We champion those that we see seeking justice on behalf of the victims and vilify those that seemingly champion the perpetrator, JA and anyone associated with her.
As far as ALV goes, I don't believe she is a bad person. Far from it. She has in her own way tried to help many women who have suffered abuse at the hands of male abusers. She has raised awareness over many years, starting at a time when abuse was never defined as abuse and social norms protected men. When she spoke in generalities, I found her to be interesting and compelling. However, when she stated her conclusions that TA was abusive and that it was one sided as fact, IMO she stretched her ethical and professional boundaries. Any professional, regardless of which "side or view" they represent, should adhere to the core principles of their beliefs and not trade them for the almighty dollar, fame or glory. To do so is to betray those that have believed in them and "dance with the devil" and in some ways nullify a lot of the respect they have garnered.
It is my hope that all of us can somehow remain respectful of others that may post or speak a differing opinion from the majority. Everyone's POV is just as valuable and many POV come from a place of PAIN. HURT. LOSS. We seek justice for not only Travis, but for all victims everywhere. Even when that could be US.
Respectfully, IMO

I'm confused! Help!

It's about the durned cell phones. I know JA says she lost one, but Gus helped her out with a new one. The old one didn't have recording capability, but with her new toy they were able to make the sex tape.

So here's where I get confused. The sex tape was on May 10th, right.

Her journal entry of May 22 has good news, and that is she got her new cell phone.

Am I missing something?

Which "lost" cell phone was found by the aunt eons later?

:dunno:
Gus 's. The helio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members