trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much hope I'm wrong: JA watched jury file out, then it looked as if she mouthed to W, among other things, "juror number three." Others will post, surely, if they saw

BBM: What I have noticed about JA and the jury is :

Every time the jury files OUT, she gets that "smug" look on her face and "eyes them up and down" [really creepy] ... and then she even "shifts over" a step or two and continues to "eye them up and down" until they leave the courtroom ...

She does the same thing when the jury files IN ...

She is definitely trying to get attention, IMO ...

She has been intently watching the jury -- especially during the sidebars -- and I find her "look" and "stares" at the jury very creepy and "unusual" IMO ...

:twocents:

:bump:

WHAT A MORNING!!! Brilliant Juan Martinez! Brilliant!
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Can some kind soul give a short recap of the high spots for those of us unable to watch earlier? :seeya: thanks

Looks like I picked the wrong day to be responsible and work!

The mag code was shown to the jury. JM had it translated on the overhead, so the jury had a full visual of it.

Okay folks let's not get crazy and allow our distaste for ALV to cloud our memory and have us look back fondly on Gus Samuels Sr. Need I ask one of our more organized posters to pull up video of him cackling about bartering his wonderfully reputable services and cheating on PTSD tests to make JA look like the victim? There's room for more than one corrupt, immoral defense expert and we have our set of two here alright!

ALV's voice sounded odd on the tape, as if she had dentures and had taken them out or they were loose. Did anyone else notice that?

They both sounded garbled...At the beginning, I thought it was another sex tape!

:what:

Can someone please tell me when the jury was let back in after kicking them out this morning to hear the clip of the father stating JA had lied so much? thx

:bump:

WHAT A MORNING!!! Brilliant Juan Martinez! Brilliant!
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Good heavens! He scored a LOT of baskets in that round. Nothing but net! :woot:

I'm not sure how to bring something from the closed thread, but she makes a :goodpost: so here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeck
I get it....anal sex is only something that an abusive man would subject a poor girl like JA to do---in ALVs world
Only there is a big, huge problem there too which LaViolette is neglecting. (A shock, I know.)

Jodi lights up with glee depicting sexual acts I think she initially wanted viewed as consistent with demeaning, degrading, humiliating sex sometimes found in conjunction with domestic violence. Such actual acts though, in my experience, are often the most difficult for survivors to process and work through. So much so I've only openly talked about my own once to my beloved husband in a total of nearly seven years - only to tell him I couldn't and wouldn't discuss it.

I mean how much plainer can it be?

what's much plainer is when she's showing det. flores her LEFT RING FINGER during his interrogation and explaining to him that it was cut DURING the ninja attack. she admits it happened that day.

BBM: What I have noticed about JA and the jury is :

Every time the jury files OUT, she gets that "smug" look on her face and "eyes them up and down" [really creepy] ... and then she even "shifts over" a step or two and continues to "eye them up and down" until they leave the courtroom ...

She does the same thing when the jury files IN ...

She is definitely trying to get attention, IMO ...

She has been intently watching the jury -- especially during the sidebars -- and I find her "look" and "stares" at the jury very creepy and "unusual" IMO ...

:twocents:

She's trying to decide which juror to try to take out next...

moo

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 20m

Judge calls for noon recess. See you all at 1:30. Remember the admonition. Not the anal. #JodiArias

I think the WildAboutTrial tweets are hysterical.

OT: This trial is messing with my Sudoku addiction....

The stun belt!

Btw I'm sure JA wanted the world to see it.

I talk to my bf about that thing here and there and I always say that I could never be in charge of the zapper because (especially when JA was up on the stand spewing all her venom BS) I wouldn't be able to resist "bumping" the zapper "on accident", of course. lol

To all the WSs saying ALV is playing up the granny type card, I agree 100%. I am sure that's why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses too. I bet a few of the jurors will have noted her support crew though!

Was it? I thought he did get to use it. My initial gut-reaction response on the legal thread was that it would be inadmissible. Then I read wenwe4's summaries and thought he did get to use it, so I went back and read Rule 608 and thought, well, actually it should be admissible...

Oh! Wait! I see the problem, I think. The tape would be hearsay. Her dad should be able to testify about it, and if he lies the tape could be played to impeach him, but playing the tape before dad gets on the stand is a problem.

They played part of the dad's interview for the witness, but they removed the jury. We are not sure if they are going to play it again w/the jury present though.

Did someone request a pooch?

chillbulldogbrop1.gif

So much hope I'm wrong: JA watched jury file out, then it looked as if she mouthed to W, among other things, "juror number three." Others will post, surely, if they saw

Who cares? Let her talk about the jurors all she wants....the DT won't be able to get another one removed unless the juror is guilty of misconduct...it's not gonna happen.

I'm really looking forward to the juror questions!

Also - It really became annoying how much LAV kept looking over at JA and JW when she was asked questions. It was great to hear JM call her on it. I wonder if the jury notices it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti