trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 1p I THINK they are going to listen to JAs dad's interview tape in it's entirety so that ALV will know the context of his statement. NOT SURE but I think. We will see what the jury gets to hear, if any!

Will we be hearing it too ?

I have to say my Grandmother was "oldfashion" and it was quite obvious. However that did not stop her from walking into an "adult" store to prove she would due to the teasing of her grandkids at being "oldfashion". It as well did not inhibit her at all from having very detailed talks about sex ect. As she explained it... "I obviously did it, or you would never have come to be". Lol I guess there are different variations of the term "oldfashion". I hear it and think of Nan,the matriarch of the family, who always kept the peace, and gave unconditionally of herself.
MOO
So it Irks me to think someone uses the term to explain away a reason for not being as thorough as they should have been during an assessment.

Just an excuse. She is really reaching to keep any shred of integrity throughout this interrogation, and I don't think she has been successful at all.

I saw that she gave a recent seminar on how to testify as an expert witness?
Wonder how that went for her. Ha!

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

Totally worth You Tubing! My favorite part today was when JM called out LAV for looking at the DT for hep. "NO NO NO, don't look over there. I am asking the question."

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

Lots of SUPERB questioning by Mr. Martinez. For me, the highlight was when he got ALV to admit in her notes that the throat slasher was getting gas cans from Darryl Brewer to go to Mesa.

HUGE HUGE HUGE

To all the WSs saying ALV is playing up the granny type card, I agree 100%. I am sure that's why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses too. I bet a few of the jurors will have noted her support crew though!

I don't necessarily agree. I don't think she's a sharp as someone with say...a master degree could be.

She struggles with words. She has no concept of technology (as simple as an email). She doesn't seem to be too effective with simple answers without going into lecture-mode. She constantly looks for approval once she thinks she answered a question spectacularly. She constantly looks for a lifeline when she's drowning in Juan's ocean. In fact, I think she comes off quite insecure and inept actually.

She's an expert witness on the side that's defending a cold blooded murderer. So I don't think it's a far stretch to assume, she's on the lowest rung in her profession and THIS...is the best she can do in her field.

So in summation, I don't think she's playing off as some garden variety granny. I think she's a washed up confused person who probably won't work again in her chosen field.

I'm old fashioned.

I review DV cases but I have no idea how to read an email or text.

What's KY?

DAm7Ghfl.jpg

Lubricant.
Texts are written messages transmitted by cell phone.
Emails transmitted by computer..

Did JA create the parental abuse story after she heard her father's interview?
A la Casey/George Anthony?

No. JA's mom says on the tape that JA has been telling everyone and believing herself that she had a terrible childhoold. Her Mom told DF that it's a fantasy, not true and that JA needed to get help.

Someone asked for a nutshell:

Juan, dialed down from his 11 yesterday to about a 7, is getting at whether or not knowing that JA is a liar would influence her opinion of domestic violence and giving specific examples of it. ALV has decided she is incapable of saying the words "yes" or "no". Lots of sustained objections by Juan for non responsiveness and lots of over ruled objections by defense for.....not liking the questions, I guess.

At 1p I THINK they are going to listen to JAs dad's interview tape in it's entirety so that ALV will know the context of his statement. NOT SURE but I think. We will see what the jury gets to hear, if any!

I read this on another site. I think this is what is at 1:00.

the judge keeps offering the defense team time to finish that mistrial hearing where they want to question the hkn producer,

okay~ ALV is in the wrong business if she is too "old-fashioned" to talk about sex.
Every day of this trial my level of incredulity increases.
Is this real life? ;)

I think the problem is that the tape is hearsay--until and unless dad gets on the stand and can't recall or says something inconsistent with the tape.

but her whole testimony relies on hearsay. how is this any different? and why is an interview between the detective and her dad hearsay?

Here's how I would characterize JM vs ALV.

"Is your name 'Alyce'?"
"I can't answer that question yes or no."
"Your name IS 'Alyce' right?"
"Mr Martinez, I don't know if you mean my full name or my first name or what."
"Your FIRST name is 'Alyce' right?"
"I can't answer that question yes or no."
"You mean you can't tell us whether your first name is 'Alyce' or not?"
"Mr Martinez, I don't know whether you mean Alice with an I or Alyce with a Y, so I would say Yes with a qualifier."

I have to believe whatever little credibility she had is shot when the jury knows what JM is asking and she tries so inelegantly to tap-dance her way around it, especially in the condescending fashion she uses.

Earlier on, when he really started grilling her, he asked her a tough question and her eyes darted over to the DT table, and he said commandingly: " Don't look over there, I am asking the over questions here..." [ paraphrased]

oh YAY!!!! missed that. thanks.

notice JW wanted to do it at 1p because she wanted her lunch time....to heck with the jury's time. If this runs over after 1:30p, oh well.

Watching HLN. this witness is tedious enough as it is without a HLN pausing to tell us what people already just said.

Also for people who are on HLN time, great on top of everything Alyce LaViolette is also too conveniently prudish to ask Jodi Arias any sex questions.

What a tool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Someone who calls herself a mental health therapist is too bashful about sex to discuss it with someone who claims domestic abuse?
Unbelievable!

Yes.
So we have 6 versions now... ?? Correct me if I am wrong..

1. Metal rack at work
2. Broken glass at Margaritaville
3. Broken glass at Travis' in the kitchen
4. Broken glass in tub when bathing Napoleon
5. Ninja did it
6. Cutting apples

I remember back to when JM was doing his cross on JA, love the line...

'Well ma'am, that finger has had it's run of things happen to it, right?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member