trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks AZL... And if this is similar to CA law, even if he is unavailable to testify due to his illness, the prosecution can only use use prior sworn testimony such as a deposition right??? Same in AZ?

There are other exceptions, but I don't think they could use this particular tape if he's unavailable, no.

But I have had witnesses testify by phone if they are too ill to travel.

To all the WSs saying ALV is playing up the granny type card, I agree 100%. I am sure that's why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses too. I bet a few of the jurors will have noted her support crew though!

Her stopping proceedings to go and get her glasses every time is manipulative and arrogant.

moo

Didn't the jury see the magazine code? I thought they had :waitasec:

The jury saw the code....they didn't ask abput it and we haven't heard anything else about it.... :shrug:

As someone said earlier:

JM finds a crack then drives a Mack truck through it!

They played part of the dad's interview for the witness, but they removed the jury. We are not sure if they are going to play it again w/the jury present though.

i think if the judge would allow it, he would've done it right then. and this is my question. why isn't it being allowed? it's information that was out there and goes against her conclusion that JA was honest prior to the murder. why can't he use it?

ALV's voice sounded odd on the tape, as if she had dentures and had taken them out or they were loose. Did anyone else notice that?

Juan sounded weird too. I think the tape was going a slow speed or was faulty somehow. JMO

what's much plainer is when she's showing det. flores her LEFT RING FINGER during his interrogation and explaining to him that it was cut DURING the ninja attack. she admits it happened that day.
Yes.
So we have 6 versions now... ?? Correct me if I am wrong..

1. Metal rack at work
2. Broken glass at Margaritaville
3. Broken glass at Travis' in the kitchen
4. Broken glass in tub when bathing Napoleon
5. Ninja did it
6. Cutting apples

I'm really looking forward to the juror questions!

Also - It really became annoying how much LAV kept looking over at JA and JW when she was asked questions. It was great to hear JM call her on it. I wonder if the jury notices it?

i missed that. when did he call her on it? was the jury there?

The mag code was shown to the jury. JM had it translated on the overhead, so the jury had a full visual of it.

Wow I missed that one today. I have seen the mag with the code, has it been translated? I have heard bits and pieces.

I find myself laughing at times looking at the defense table. It appears that JW is doing all the work. It appears Jodi is busy doing something else..possibly adding on to her manifesto!:goldcrown::dramaqueen: It appears Nurmi is um.. um... really, doing nothing except, maybe thinking what he will choose for lunch!:uthere: Then we have JUAN!!!:Bananabert::Banane49::Bananahair::bicycle::soldier: He doesnt miss a thing!!!!

To all the WSs saying ALV is playing up the granny type card, I agree 100%. I am sure that's why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses too. I bet a few of the jurors will have noted her support crew though!

AND the fact she doesn't know the difference between a text and instant message. Shes the Incredibly Ignorant Expert.

I *think* tape of dad was not shown to the jury because LaV denied knowing about it in Juan's voir dire (lack of foundation)

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 2h
#JodiArias judge setting foundation outside #Arias jury presence. Appears he's going to play interrogation vid between cops & Arias parents

IMO, she shod have been admonished by JSS on the 2nd time she did that. Here we are and she has done it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

april.gif

At 1p I THINK they are going to listen to JAs dad's interview tape in it's entirety so that ALV will know the context of his statement. NOT SURE but I think. We will see what the jury gets to hear, if any!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny