trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that quitting smoking during this trial was not the best choice I've ever made, LOL

On day 3 of NO SMOKING AT ALL and this waiting and BS is really getting to me.

Who saw the Video of Jodi as a bridesmaid at some wedding? It was on NG or JVM late last week. There are TWO instances on that tape where you can SEE HER BENT FINGER and this video is over 6 years ago! I read a post by someone on this board and they gave the "time" to look for it. I did and I did see it but there was an instance before that one that showed her finger too. If Juan can prove her finger has been bent for years before Jan 2008 I would think the DT would be up a creek without that proverbial paddle. Has no one else seen this???

Disagree. I looked at the tape and it's ambiguous.

I missed this morning .. why is ALV watching Jodi's dad's police interview in chambers, what happened this morning, did Juan get in any really 'good ones' sorry, but TIA.

This mornings testimony is a MUST SEE!! Don't miss one word of it. It's awesome! All 'good ones'. :great:

One of my favorite moments was when Juan told the witness to stop looking at the defense for her answers. Something like that...

While we wait...is there anyone that can explain to me how things get discussed in court, but aren't admitted to evidence?

And why any and ALL interrogation tapes aren't admitted to evidence??

It makes no sense to me and I would like to understand. If the answer isn't too terribly complicated anyway...LOL!

First, and this is a real nutshell explanation, but anything not admitted into evidence cannot be used in jury deliberations.

Second, some of the content of the interrogation tapes were likely considered substantially more prejudicial than probative. For example, if the jury saw the head stands, singing, etc., they might want to convict her, not because there is evidence that she did it, but because she looks crazy enough to have done it. Courts want to keep that kind off stuff out.:twocents:

We are live!!! :great:

they are in an ex parte hearing that started at 1300 (not late.. just not for our viewing pleasure at the moment)

But the judge told the jury to be back at 1:30pm. I just feel the jury is being made to wait and waste their time way too often. The jury has families, jobs, lives that they haven't been able to fully enjoy for months now. It's just a shame for the jury's sake IMO.

I have a large bag of M&M's here at my desk, help yourself! Can't help with the wine though as I'm at work but if someone could sneak some under my desk, that'd be much appreciated. ;)

Lucky! Not even supposed to reach 70 here today. Though we did just enjoy a week of mid-80s so I probably shouldn't complain too much. Just tired of the wind.

You must live where I do! :)

ok i am so jelous of you all saying about temperatures in the 70/80s its 37 here :(

I've also noticed that she has, several times in the last few days on the stand, said something along the lines of: "I honestly AM trying to think of the answer", or "I truly am ..." Whenever she does that, it immediately makes me think that what's she's really saying is: "Well, okay, I lied on some of that other stuff, but for THIS answer I really AM telling the truth."

I was being prepped to testify in a civil trial and my lawyer would jump down my throat if I so much as hinted that I was about to say "Honestly," "Absolutely," "Truly," etc. Like, would actually sit across the table and make a hideous YEEEEEP sound when one slipped out.

His take on it is, if you're on the stand, of course you're telling the truth, because you're under oath. The "reinforcing words" actually serve to make you seem like you're fibbin'.

FWIW, which is slightly less than :twocents:

I got a picture up. Jodi is furiously writing and JW wants to see the judge

Hmm. Hearsay. Interesting how ALV could sit on the stand for days and talk about out of context messages from TA and all 168 of his "vulnerable" girlfriends.

Smells like hypocrisy to me. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members