trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone with my mom...she finally admitted that I have prevailed in getting her to watch the trial (and had oh so much to say about ALV). Look for posts from a "MommaSchuby" soon!

Did you show her your Einsteinian Av?

HLN "After Dark" - Jury question "Did Jodi plan to kill Travis?"

12-0 GUILTY

:D
One thing I hate about that show is that I'll bet the DT watches it. The DT on HLN is MUCH better than JA's, and make good (although wrong) points.

I WAS happy that this particular one - the most important - was unanimous.

Catching up on today's testimony and I can't help but laugh as JM questions ALV about anal sex and he keeps saying '*advertiser censored*-pect'. :floorlaugh:

I think you are so right. Yesterday I caught Nurmi in the afternoon straining his neck for a good 10 seconds looking at something or someone in the direction of the jury box, then he scribbled on his legal pad. I bless the day I don't have to look at JA, JW or KN again.

ITA.

He looks at the jury often.

I have no sympathy for the DT. Maybe Nurmi wanted out at one point but money made him stay. He'll go back to defending sex offenders won't he? :sick:

Only one thing wrong with that theory in Psycho she died in the shower, Travis died in the hallway.

And that's Jodi's first problem. She watched too many movies. I recall her referring to movies and stuff in her interrogation. The girl was in fantasyland; that's why she thought a shower kill would be simple and quick.

Right. But isn't is correct to assume if you put negative, you'll get back negative energy, hence why she would not write about it.

I guess I just don't see the connection. :what:

I think it's because JA's journals are all fluff and stuff, nothing negative about herself, which is supposed to be what LofAttraction is - send out positive vibes, get positive vibes in return.

In other words, he's hammering home the fact that JA's journals aren't fit to line a bird cage let alone be believed by an "expert". :floorlaugh:

HLN left out 2 major parallels to "Psycho."
1: In Psycho, Norman wraps the slain body in a shower curtain and drags body from motel room.
*(While Travis is being dragged through hall (in accidental pic 3) his body appears to be wrapped in something.)

2: At end of Psycho, Norman utters in jail cell, "I wouldn't hurt a fly,"
*(During jail interrogation with Flores, Jodi utters, "I wouldn' hurt a spider."

....WEIRD....

I've really tried to give her the benefit of the doubt -- a habit, I think, of extending professional courtesy to other professionals and assuming they are competent and giving it their all unless proven otherwise -- but I after what I've heard about today it just seems impossible to do that any longer. There was definitely a line crossed, and that should have been the end of it the first time she was blatantly disrepectful to JM. It's one thing to have heated exchanges, but professionals need to act professionally. The more I see of her, the less I am able to extend that adjective to her behavior.

Others may still find her corpus of work exemplary and find within that a reason to excuse her, but I simply can't get myself to that place. I know how I'd act in a similar situation, and no matter how angry I was, I would never conduct myself like a truculent child. Shame on you, Alyce. You should know better and those who've believed in you deserved better. You are not one-upping JM; you are simply coming off as a stubborn, unpolished boor with a chip on your shoulder the size of Arizona. This spectacle is a disgrace to your profession and to any professional worthy of the name.

:cow:

hey - i think you're an academic so maybe you'd get a particular kick from this...
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi...-martinez-challenges-laviolettes-credentials/

Only one thing wrong with that theory in Psycho she died in the shower, Travis died in the hallway.

But I strongly believe JA planned on having him die in the shower...just didn't go as planned. TA fought for his life... and lost to this _____(insert your own adjective here)! =(

True, however, I fully believe JA intended for Travis to die in the shower. She didn't count on him getting out of there after she thrust the knife into his chest.

MOO

Good point.

Maybe at that POT, JA was very scared as he "just wouldn't die."
She lost confidence in the simplicity of her original schemata, and then went all overkill on him becuase of that (to her) shocking escape from the shower.

Did Travis meet any of Jodi's family?

:giggle: Just like ALV never met Jodi's father, but yet can base her foundation of Jodi's word only.

I thought it was very telling when I heard her dad tell Det F that JA was going to marry Travis. I believe she completely believed that, had told all her family that, and when he saw through her that was the beginning of the end for him. It's beyond sad that he was slaughtered because he knew what an evil person she was.

True, however, I fully believe JA intended for Travis to die in the shower. She didn't count on him getting out of there after she thrust the knife into his chest.

MOO

I heard a forensic MD say that Travis was stabbed in the back first and that the chest and neck were the fatal wounds so if he is right I don't think Travis moved from that hallway and the gun was an afterthought.

I'm confused about something Juan's doing. He made the point today that the reason Jodi didn't write about her jealousy was because of the law of attraction. Right? Did I miss something and therefore am getting this wrong? Because earlier in the trial the defense said she didn't write about the abuse because of the law of attraction. Yet, Juan said she didn't write about it because it didn't happen.

So Juan's trying to have it both ways and I think that's a big mistake with this jury. Frankly, I'm disappointed in him.

Apologies if someone else answered this in the meantime. Juan was showing that SHE is trying to have it both ways. she says:
"Nothing bad in journals about Travis" = "well she WOULD have written LOTS of bad things about him if not for the law of attraction"
but at the same time:
"Nothing in journals to indicate she's jealous" = "proof that she was not jealous at all"

Juan is turning the tables on her as he did in so many other ways today by showing her double standard in this regard.

Apologies if someone else answered this in the meantime. Juan was showing that SHE is trying to have it both ways. she says:
"Nothing bad in journals about Travis" = "well she WOULD have written LOTS of bad things about him if not for the law of attraction"
but at the same time:
"Nothing in journals to indicate she's jealous" = "proof that she was not jealous at all"

Juan is turning the tables on her as he did in so many other ways today by showing her double standard in this regard.

That elated me:great:

She insinuated herself alright. She was on the path to entrenching herself. Think about it... got her self baptized, glommed onto to HIS friends, she packed all of her belongings, turned up in Mesa with what appeared to be no plan at all .. no job, no place to live etc.... and then began to unravel (according to her parents) when it all didn't come together.

For sure. I also believe one of the main reasons Jodi felt she "had" Travis hooked was the sex. If he married her it was something that would forever stay between them. In other words in her mind Travis had to marry her to make it right. IMO

Right. But isn't is correct to assume if you put negative, you'll get back negative energy, hence why she would not write about it.

I guess I just don't see the connection. :what:

IDK if my theory is even correct (legal eagles' help would be great :floorlaugh:)

See, if JA writes nice positive things in her journals (in accordance with the law of attraction), nice positive things will be returned to her.

That is how the DT explains why JA has nothing in any of her journals about Travis being abusive to her, nothing about the alleged choking incident, nothing about the alleged finger breaking incident, etc.

It's a smoke and mirrors bs explanation by the DT to explain why she didn't include any of the things she has since been accusing Travis of while on trial.

I was more disappointed by the judge today than I was by anything else. Geez, the "expert witness" berated and taunted and failed to respond the ENTIRE DAY?

Okkkayy.

Been here. Done this. I will not be surprised here. I will now attempt to back out slowly.

I am not a "Juanette". I respect JM because he fights for the right of the victim. He fought against all odds today. The judge was not there to ensure a level playing field.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member