trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh!

One of my favorite Juan moments yesterday was when he stated in court, on record, in front of ALV, that he was in the process of trying to IMPEACH her.

Ahhhh, what a guy!

Answer the clue phone, ALV...you best be on your best behavior :fence:
(but notice she still was snippy and condescending and vague in the afternoon, so obviously she's not that bright. IMO)

Was this morning or afternoon session? I am watching in pieces before I head out to start my day.

TIA

K

BBM: Whatever her reaction is, I hope it "sets off" her new "stun belt" that she is wearing around her waist now !

:great: :seeya:

I kind of want to see that stun belt being used b/c I want to see her melt down as she realizes that in fact a jury would convict her. Though for the sake of Travis' family I hope she just stands there looking stunned instead of being stunned. Their emotions will be running high they do not need any extra outburst happening. Also for the sake of JA's family. Do not get me wrong I want to scream at them for how they acted at points in the trial but she is still their daughter, niece, sister etc. Its got to be hard knowing that she has a death penalty hanging over her head and they just are dealing with it differently I'm hoping.

I'm curious about the her aunt. Last time I remember her being in court was the day they were going over what JA told ALV about her dad and his abuse towards her.

Thank you for the lovely welcome,:great:
The "time out" comment should have been jumped on by the judge.
:moo::tyou:

Could someone give me an update on Juror #5 please?

I know she was dismissed as a juror and attended court since her dismissal. Has she been back to court since then -or- has the court placed restrictions?

Thanks in advance.

She did an interview with a local station (sorry, I don't have the link) and said she wasn't going back to court and that she would give an interview once she spoke with her legal advisors.

It seems to me that JW is very wet behind the ears. She does not appear to have tried many cases. Is she a DP qualified defense lawyer or just Nurmi? Anyway, Jodi's constant whispering in JW's ear while she is the lawyer responsible for objections is extremely distracting. I would never allow a client to do that. That's what paper and pen(cils) are for.

I hope you're sitting down before reading this:

JW IS the DP qualified atty, not Nurmi
:what:

Willmott has been an attorney for 17 1/2 yrs, she should know better by now.
Here are a couple snippets from her website.

Immediately after graduating from law school,
Jennifer joined the Maricopa County Public Defender's Office. As a trial
attorney, Jennifer defended thousands of cases.

She has successfully tried and won serious felony charges including
aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, sexual assault, kidnapping,
child molest, homicide, and auto theft.

In addition to her criminal defense practice, Jennifer has taught hundreds
of attorneys trial practice skills and how to be a competent and effective
criminal defense attorney. Many of the attorneys Jennifer has instructed
are now well respected criminal defense attorneys.

http://willmottlaw.com/attorneys.html

:what: Combined total of 91 years experience in that courtroom.

Hon. Sherry K Stephens
09/04/01 Judicial Membership Status Change
More About Hon. Sherry K Stephens
Educated at Arizona State, admitted to practice in 1980, admitted to the State Bar of Arizona October 4, 1980.

Mr. Juan M Martinez
More About Mr. Juan M Martinez
Educated at Arizona State, admitted to practice in 1984, admitted to the State Bar of Arizona May 12, 1984.

Ms. Jennifer L S Willmott
More About Ms. Jennifer L S Willmott
Educated at Arizona State, admitted to practice in 1995, admitted to the State Bar of Arizona October 21, 1995.

Mr. Laurence K Nurmi
More About Mr. Laurence K Nurmi
Educated at U of Wyoming, admitted to practice in 2001, admitted to the State Bar of Arizona May 24, 2001.

http://www.azbar.org/FindALawyer.aspx

And ALV can't even CONCEIVE the thought that maybe Jodi was trying to appear "normal" as part of her alibi because she knew she murdered Travis in cold blood. That same cold blood is what let her go make out with the next guy within hours.

I thought juan would have brought up that she admitted that ryan was only an alibi at that point :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I kept screaming at my TV yesterday:

"He didn't say she wasn't honest WHEN she was fourteen!

"He said she hasn't been honest SINCE she was fourteen!"

Big difference!

I know!

He said she hadn't been honest SINCE she was fourteen.

=Karraster]Morning all! :seeya: I wish JM's first question of the day was "Maam, do you have your glasses with you Maam?"

And she'll pause, smirk, and say "That's not a yes or no answer Mister Martinez. Okay, yes with a qualifer."
[/QUOTE]

:floorlaugh:

Or alternatively,

"I have many glasses, Mr. Martinez, that I have used throughout my evaluation. I didn't use just one pair. I think what you are trying to do is make me say that I used these particular glasses in coming to my opinion in this case, but I have used horned-rimmed ones, these Truman Capote style ones, as well as many others in my investigation. I just don't know what you're trying to get at, Mr. Martinez. Is this a hypothetical? If so, I go along with you. If you are asking whether or not I have the ones I have been using in trial, then sure,ok, I have them...oh, wait...can I go get them?"

Hey everyone, good morning :) I am sooo looking forward to this morning! Yesterday was great! Two things that I loved from yesterday were 1: I was sooooooooooo happy to hear Juan Martinez ask AL if she had spoken with Travis, 2: the look on the female defense lawyer‘s face the first time the judge told her NO. I hope the judge tells her no many times today.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome2:

:welcome6: :welcome3: :welcome6:

While I agree that she should, I just don't see ALV ever admitting that she did anything wrong or is in anyway ashamed of her actions or thoughts.

How do you do an "assessment" by only interviewing the defendant and not interviewing anyone else?? By "reading" some other things provided to her by the defense team, she believes this is a valid "assessment"? How can this be?

I am still gobsmacked that she never even wrote a report or summary. Nothing. Zip, zed, nada, zilch.

Oh!

One of my favorite Juan moments yesterday was when he stated in court, on record, in front of ALV, that he was in the process of trying to IMPEACH her.

Ahhhh, what a guy!

Answer the clue phone, ALV...you best be on your best behavior :fence:
(but notice she still was snippy and condescending and vague in the afternoon, so obviously she's not that bright. IMO)

The most amusing thing for me yesterday was when they were doing their little evidentiary hearing. For a brief moment, when being questioned by Wilmott, Alyce LaViolette showed that she was actually capable of giving brief yes or no answers to questions.

In the context of all her hemming and hawing when Martinez asked her the simplest thing, it was a pretty sickening performance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A note about name changes and nicknames for case players, from our Rules Etiquette & Information Thread:

"Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players."

:tyou: and here's to another amazing day closer to Justice for Travis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member