trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you do an "assessment" by only interviewing the defendant and not interviewing anyone else?? By "reading" some other things provided to her by the defense team, she believes this is a valid "assessment"? How can this be?

I am still gobsmacked that she never even wrote a report or summary. Nothing. Zip, zed, nada, zilch.

It's a stumper, ain't it.

And ALV can't even CONCEIVE the thought that maybe Jodi was trying to appear "normal" as part of her alibi because she knew she murdered Travis in cold blood. That same cold blood is what let her go make out with the next guy within hours.

exactly which is what made ALV's answer so horrifying to me. she acted like what JA did is what ANYONE would do in that situation. like 'so what? i would've done the same thing.'

what she doesn't include is that JA was trying to act normal to avoid being held responsible for her crime.

this is the same as saying CA was partying to avoid thinking about her baby being dead. normal people know that makes no sense at all.

I think ALV has spent quite a while coming up with a little note card stack of zingers she thought she could throw at JM just to try and keep some control. I don't know how many more we will hear since they have not gone over near as well as she had planned. Of course I don't think hear testimony has gone quite like she planned it either. She will go down with the ship.

for every zinger I hope we hear..."Judge will you please admonish the witness to with hold her comments, and ask the Jury to disregard her outburst?"

Mine don't show up AFTER I've refreshed the page though. They show up when I thank but then they're gone when I refresh. Not always. Odd. Very odd.

That's a new one. I've never had that happen.

I also commented yesterday on the problems I was having. Maybe Nursebeeme has already posted something, but she told me that the Thanks button could be quite tricky and that the only thing that worked was refreshing. Don't know what the answer is in your case. :tears:

yesterday someone said (sorry I can't remember who) they thought JA was targeting another female juror for dismissal because she wanted all men on the jury. My DH watches the trial (recently retired and loving being able to really watch) he said, She'd better hope she doesn't get an all male jury because men are not going to 'see' the blond..they are going to see this mousy looking woman who slaughtered her former lover (not the word he used) because he wanted to move on. She used sex to lure him into a vulnerable position and then slaughtered him. He believes that parts of her ninja story was true and she delighted in saying Travis was screaming and begging her to get help. He feels the male jurors will not forget that ALV stated Travis was not the victim, Jodi was. DH latched onto ALV's pattern of disregarding anything that did not fit into her "Jodi was a battered woman position". Even to saying Travis recorded the sex tape and stated he was afraid of Jodi. Even going as far to saying if he, Travis, didn't show up for church one Sunday, it was because Jodi killed him. So, if my DH is right, I hope she does get an all male jury. Anyway, just thought I'd share my DH's views on it.

"When no one else is willing, call us to do the shilling" ... very profitable niche ALV and Samuels have tapped into - "pros" without shame.

:floorlaugh: That's a catchier phrase than ALV's snow white was a battered woman bs.

JA thinks her IQ is equal to Einstein :what: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Let's see...

Einstein: Nobel Peace Prize winner, developer of the theory of relativity and mass-energy equivalence formula (E = mc2), Time magazine's Person of the Century (beating out Ghandi and Roosevelt), numerous other awards received and named after him, etc.

Arias: Journeyman waitress who drifted from job to job, leached off people for money, housing, etc., slaughtered ex-boyfriend in cold blood, delusional sociopath who will be put to death.

I'd say its a damn close race between these two individuals in the grand scheme of things. Besides their IQs, they certainly have lead parallel lives.

Slight edge to Einstein because he had better hair.

I wanted to multiple "thank" this post but there is no button for that, so Here is an extra "thanks".

Just figured out that "MOO" probably stands for "my own opinion"! :floorlaugh::blushing:

And I've been wanting to "multiple thank" people a lot lately, too, so I'm glad you brought it up!

So, for the avid viewers and legal peeps... has Juan set up enough foundation to bring in the false journal entries after June 4th?
If yes, will we see that during Alyce's cross or is this a rebuttal thing?

It's such a powerful piece of evidence and I'm foaming at the mouth to hear it presented by JM.

I'm not sure that they would have relevance, since they were written after Travis died. ALV role was to evaluate the relationship to determine whether or not it qualified as DV. IMO, dates after Travis's murder would be outside of the scope of her engagement.

Might be better to leave this to his own expert?

I know this may be redundant....and I can't keep up so I apologize in advance if someone answered me before, but do any of the legal eagles here have a GUESS as to when well go into rebuttal?? I'm actually dreading leaving for vacation because of what I might miss!!! Helpppp meeee!!! (with just a general ballpark guess). TIA!!

So, for the avid viewers and legal peeps... has Juan set up enough foundation to bring in the false journal entries after June 4th?
If yes, will we see that during Alyce's cross or is this a rebuttal thing?

It's such a powerful piece of evidence and I'm foaming at the mouth to hear it presented by JM.

:please::please::please::please::please:

yesterday someone said (sorry I can't remember who) they thought JA was targeting another female juror for dismissal because she wanted all men on the jury. My DH watches the trial (recently retired and loving being able to really watch) he said, She'd better hope she doesn't get an all male jury because men are not going to 'see' the blond..they are going to see this mousy looking woman who slaughtered her former lover (not the word he used) because he wanted to move on. She used sex to lure him into a vulnerable position and then slaughtered him. He believes that parts of her ninja story was true and she delighted in saying Travis was screaming and begging her to get help. He feels the male jurors will not forget that ALV stated Travis was not the victim, Jodi was. DH latched onto ALV's pattern of disregarding anything that did not fit into her "Jodi was a battered woman position". Even to saying Travis recorded the sex tape and stated he was afraid of Jodi. Even going as far to saying if he, Travis, didn't show up for church one Sunday, it was because Jodi killed him. So, if my DH is right, I hope she does get an all male jury. Anyway, just thought I'd share my DH's views on it.

i think your husband's right. if JA's counting on men to save her, i think she'll be very disappointed. i think she's every man's worst nightmare.

I think ALV has spent quite a while coming up with a little note card stack of zingers she thought she could throw at JM just to try and keep some control. I don't know how many more we will hear since they have not gone over near as well as she had planned. Of course I don't think hear testimony has gone quite like she planned it either. She will go down with the ship.

We need to have a drinking game for every time ALV manages to interject one of her so called "zingers." I'm sick right now so I'll take a shot of Nyquil.

JA thinks her IQ is equal to Einstein :what: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And of course JA is the only one in the world who knows what Einstein's IQ was - even he didn't know what it was.

lastnight watching HLN after dark the question came up.. Why have sex with him ... Then kill him? (They were saying it makes no sense)

The answer is, she wanted to make SURE she was his last.. That he had sex (in her mind made LOVE to her) last.. It is important to a SICK mind like Jodi's... "I will be your last" ...

She said 'murder' and she has said it more than once.

The truth slipped in among her combativeness.

IMO

She sure did...which to me is a perfect example of a pure Freudian slip. Somewhere deep down in her psyche she knows the truth! It must be a terrible psychological conflict for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels