trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean this:

Expert Witness. Los Angeles Police Dept. Internal Affairs Board of Rights. Testified regarding the battered women syndrome and behavior of batterers.

Expert Witness/Consultant, First Degree Murder Case. Father who killed daughter’s alleged batterer.
Dealing with issues of Battered Woman Syndrome; Vicarious (secondary) Post-Traumatic Stress
Disorder; Batterers.

I was spot on then. From what I saw f the trial today I both saw and felt a huge change in JS demeanor towards dear Alyce. At first I was thinking oh she is tired, oh this has gone on long enough etc.
But I really felt she is sick, sick, sick, of Alyce and she also now has her number.

I've yet to see a judge who tolerates being lied to by an officer of the court.

They will accord latitude to defendants, but most won't tolerate a lying witness, either.

Today, we saw an 'expert' witness in the employ of the taxpayers of Arizona deliberately lie, under oath, about a material fact.

I would be incensed.

LOL. We were fighting about this too. SO maintains that shrink = psychiatrist, psychologist only and I think it also includes therapists.

I always think of it as psychiatrists.

A cozy cottage with seven men she can ask are you mad at me? and do you need a time out?

Everytime I think of those ALV timeouts I imagine a circle of empty chairs and ALV sitting alone in the circle with a stop watch. Around the periphery of the room men with sullen faces are sitting on brightly colored timeout mats.
:facepalm:

I got the sense that she was saying essentially ... "we're on the record/being broadcasted, so do not talk about your personal life or it will not be personal anymore" ... am I the only one who thought this?

I did not think that. I think she was saying it doesn't matter right now is not the time or place to discuss. Just do what I say. And I thought you were not supposed to address the judge directly. jmo

i'm still kind of baffled by alyce. i just find it hard to believe she associated herself with this case and is shocked at the reaction. this is a career killing case.

it's happened with other experts. i think henry lee jumped the shark with big cases he got involved in. werner spitz, i hope to never see again.

the backlash may not have been to this degree, but her testimony and conclusions were simply outrageous. if she couldn't anticipate that just by reading the facts of the case alone, then i have to conclude she TRULY believes what she's saying and she really IS this biased in the case of ANY woman who ever claims domestic violence in a criminal case. i think that's a little scary.

I found strange and inappropriate that ALV started, then stopped by JM and the Judge, to tell the Jury that she didn't have much built up for her retirement. What? That gives her an excuse for this bias in testifying? Un-ring that bell to the jury, Alyce.

My bet is ALV will claim medical illness and get a doctor's note and will not show up Monday or Tuesday. She just doesn't seem to respect the court IMO. That is based on a PATTERN of behavior I have observed throughout her testimony.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Well as long as its an observable pattern.

JMO but my observations at the end of court today and with all the time spent at the bench was that JW and Nurmi were not getting their way and Juan was arguing pretty strongly and JW would not let it go and finally the Judge said her decision and JW did NOT look happy and Juan looked fine. That is why I think whatever ALV has to come back on Tues. for is a Prosecution thing. I think the DT were ready to excuse her today. JMO as always

How's this posiblity:

Cognitive Dissonance - A psychological term for the discomfort that most people feel when they encounter information which contradicts their existing set of beliefs or values. People who suffer from personality disorders often experience cognitive dissonance when they are confronted with evidence that their actions have hurt others or have contradicted their stated morals.

http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/CognitiveDissonance.html

But, I'm still calling secondary motivations on that sitcho.

I think it's reagarding the defenses motion for mistrial filed on monday ..... talks about ALV being harrassed and Pros misconduct.

JMO and all that

I can see it now..."What did the overbearing prosecutor say that sent you to the er with palpitations, Ms. ALV?" "He, sniff sniff, he asked me, sniff sniff sniff, how old the seven dwarfs are!!"

I was not fully opposed to the DP before this trial but was definitely ambivalent. I now strongly believe that Arias should receive the DP. No ambivalence.

The taking of a life is evil, immoral, and repugnant.

It is irrelevant if it is state-ordered or still "legal" where you live, or performed by a murderer like Arias...no one should have the "right" to take a life. Putting another human being to death dehumanises us all.

What punishment is the DP, anyway? A few years of legal shenanigans followed by a valium and a permanent lie down? Real punishment is enduring the rest of your life in the relentless, unabating, horror hell hole that is your average prison.

:twocents:

Hey All, just want to say I just heard beth karas say that Juan is nit picking in his questioning of ALV. Said that Juan backs her in a corner. jmo I am no longer a fan, just sayin.

She has said positive things and praised him 99% of the time! This is her opinion-which we all are here to give by the way. She is by far supportive of his talents and abilities.

I don't think this Tuesday appearance by ALV has anything to do with perjury or her rude intrusion upon Samantha.

I think the judge is doing an out of jury hearing on the latest bogus Motion for Mistrial. And Nurmi threw ALV into his latest motion, so now she will have to answer to it. JMO

Well technically she's not a shrink but yeah, I thought it was kind of funny that someone in a mental health profession wouldn't be able to self diagnose a panic attack and end up in the ER.

...back when Juan was cross examining Jodi , I remember him referring to ALV as a social worker and Wilmott objected, stating "mis- characterization of the expert"....he,he...I knew right away that it would be interesting when he questioned ALV...
No disrespect to social workers at all-my Mom was one... It's just that Juan knew ALV's lack of "expertise" as a DP "psychologist" witness to begin with....

Did you mean this:

Expert Witness. Los Angeles Police Dept. Internal Affairs Board of Rights. Testified regarding the battered women syndrome and behavior of batterers.

Under COURT EXPERIENCE it lists the times she has testified, including this case.

i'm still kind of baffled by alyce. i just find it hard to believe she associated herself with this case and is shocked at the reaction. this is a career killing case.

it's happened with other experts. i think henry lee jumped the shark with big cases he got involved in. werner spitz, i hope to never see again.

the backlash may not have been to this degree, but her testimony and conclusions were simply outrageous. if she couldn't anticipate that just by reading the facts of the case alone, then i have to conclude she TRULY believes what she's saying and she really IS this biased in the case of ANY woman who ever claims domestic violence in a criminal case. i think that's a little scary.

Yup - Michael Peterson. I used to like Henry Lee, after that one .. not so much.

When was the latest motion filed?:seeya:

Motions filed in State vs. Arias after April 4

motions_zps9a90c3ca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads